Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
it's like watching some eric andre skit that isnt self aware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if i see a SNL writer out on tha street ima slap the poo poo out that bitch no cap!!!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Chinatown posted:

if i see a SNL writer out on tha street ima slap the poo poo out that bitch no cap!!!

Keenan needs a good slap too he is incredibly bad.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
this poo poo is like that netflix spaceforce show

criminally unfunny

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Wendigee posted:

Keenan needs a good slap too he is incredibly bad.

bro pull UP and lets do the thing :haibrow:

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
My GF watches all The Bachelor stuff.

So….yes?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Chinatown posted:

oh shiiiit

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

also, i saw an episode of "another life" on netflix and it was among the worst things i've ever seen.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
what the hell is this stupid mad men parody thing

jesus christ

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
idk wtf you're watching but so far this owns. That cold opening was incredibly moving.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Funky See Funky Do posted:

idk wtf you're watching but so far this owns. That cold opening was incredibly moving.

https://youtu.be/jYmn3Gwn3oI?si=n-qdLWymG09Ubcvv

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

for me at least, snl's humor fell off a cliff when Chris Farley died. it was just the beginning of the end.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Chinatown posted:

bro pull UP and lets do the thing :haibrow:

I'm out front I got a raptor let's goooo

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I actually like Pete Davidson, his silly murder mystery movie was really fun. So was his movie about living on long island

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

There is a show called "Young Sheldon" which is a spin-off of "The Big Bang Theory" where the only joke is that the main character is one -dimensional caricature of what people think "nerds" are. The same joke from the original sitcom, now pointed at a child actor.

So yes. There are worse things.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Aishlinn posted:

for me at least, snl's humor fell off a cliff when Chris Farley died. it was just the beginning of the end.

decaf coffee crystals claim another soul

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Newsmax and OAN, presumably

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Okay so what terror attack was Pete's dad killed in? 9-11 or something? Wait was his dad like a firefighter responding or was that just the movie

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Friends was in production for a very long time.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
That 80s show was… quite the show…

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Wendigee posted:

Okay so what terror attack was Pete's dad killed in? 9-11 or something? Wait was his dad like a firefighter responding

Yeah

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Aishlinn posted:

Dick in a Box was pretty good

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Busters posted:

There is a show called "Young Sheldon" which is a spin-off of "The Big Bang Theory" where the only joke is that the main character is one -dimensional caricature of what people think "nerds" are. The same joke from the original sitcom, now pointed at a child actor.

So yes. There are worse things.

It’s actually a family drama. Like Malcom in the middle without jokes

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Wendigee posted:

Okay so what terror attack was Pete's dad killed in? 9-11 or something? Wait was his dad like a firefighter responding or was that just the movie

I'll admit that 911 was worse than modern snl but that's as far as I'll go.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Or likeable characters

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Yeesh I thought that was a really weird plot point and had no idea it was real. So Pete was making snl money and his dad was still working as a firefighter? Maybe his snl money is poo poo, I got no idea, or maybe his dad just loved the job and helping people?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Pretty much yeah. Apparently the only reason Pete's father was even working that day was to pay off a loan from his son.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
Bupkis wasn't a terrible show but Pete wasn't the best part of it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I assume there was ever only like 6 good years of SNL and it’s just been coasting since. The latest seasons are kinda embarrassing and it’s kinda funny how hard they work to churn out that poo poo

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Pretty much yeah. Apparently the only reason Pete's father was even working that day was to pay off a loan from his son.

drat that's got to be a bit of a mind gently caress for him

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

why are you watching the stuff they put on television op? you shouldn't watch any of it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Wendigee posted:

drat that's got to be a bit of a mind gently caress for him

He's said interviews that it was only like $1500 so he's not too torn up about it.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

That doesn't make it even worse? Your dad worked 9-11 to pay you back a thousand bucks? loving hell

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Where's this "Pete Davidson's dad was at work on 9/11 because he owed his 7 year old son $1500 on a loan" thing coming from

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol good question I just believed them in good faith of the snl is poo poo thread

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

pete davidson was complicit in the 9/11 attack

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm trying to imagine knowing enough about Pete Davidson to confirm or deny any of this poo poo

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

It's really weird that nothing under personal life on Wikipedia (the preliminary source) mentions his parents or family. I want your source now!

He does apparently have chron's disease as did my dad. Good luck on that journey bud, it's god awful and miserable

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

also that awful space force show was 100 times more believable than for all mankind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

MrQwerty posted:

Where's this "Pete Davidson's dad was at work on 9/11 because he owed his 7 year old son $1500 on a loan" thing coming from

it's from his isaacson biography, you can probably get it from your local library. that's where i read it.