Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I assume there was ever only like 6 good years of SNL and it’s just been coasting since. The latest seasons are kinda embarrassing and it’s kinda funny how hard they work to churn out that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They should instead kowtow and apologize at the end of every show

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

haljordan posted:

This remains the greatest thing ever written about SNL (and perhaps TV in general):

https://nymag.com/arts/tv/features/47548/
This is pretty wild stuff. I feel bad for Garofolo.

I’ve been a longtime fan of Conan O’Brien’s podcast and he’s always saying such nice things about SNL. He recalls it with such tinted lenses that you kinda have to remind yourself it was a fratty, sexist, nasty place catering to the lowest common denominator.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

mannerup posted:

she’s easily the most well known writer of SNL
Eh, 30 Rock had terrible ratings.

Al Franken has a pretty good claim to it.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Martin short is a very unfunny man who famous people really want me to think is funny