Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

You Are A Werewolf posted:

I feel the same way about Chevy Chase as some goons do about Steve Martin. I mean, sure, I remember liking Vacation and Christmas Vacation (European Vacation sucked poo poo) along with Three Amigos when I was young, but he always had this prickishness to his acting I could see right through even as a kid, and it turned out that he really is a massive prick IRL.

I can’t recall ever liking any other films or projects of his other than those three core films, and I haven’t watched any of those in years.

As for Steve Martin, Roxanne is an underrated Cyrano de Bergerac adaptation.

Yeah I can see that, I like Chevy Chase in all the classics , groundhog day the most, and the vacation movies

But yes every character he plays there is a little hint of superiority complex and smarminess with EVERY line he delivers

Even if the character is supposed to the 180 degree opposite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

having not watched SNL since I was a kid in the 90's , I'm surprised they just haven't gone all-in on content creators and tiktok stars and such

or, have they?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I think they have a guy and the only thing he does is Trump impressions that they got from Tik Tok or Youtube or something.

Frank Caliendo would like to have a word with this person