Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

why are you watching the stuff they put on television op? you shouldn't watch any of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

MrQwerty posted:

Where's this "Pete Davidson's dad was at work on 9/11 because he owed his 7 year old son $1500 on a loan" thing coming from

it's from his isaacson biography, you can probably get it from your local library. that's where i read it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lol, they could do that same opening skit today

well, maybe not today because there is no republican house speaker, but you know what i mean

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

terrorism was his last resort to collect the $1500 owed by his dad

if his father hadn't failed him he never would've gone down that dark path

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

Today's SNL still hasn't aired here, so someone else will have to tell me if it's better or worse than "Turn On" a show that was cancelled during its first commercial break on its first episode in 1969: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Turn-On_Episode_1.webm

awesome show great job!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm watching it right now, about 14 min in, it's fascinating

e: lol, this banner that scrolled by from 54 years ago

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 15, 2023

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

watched the whole thing, can confirm it was better than snl

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Disco Pope posted:

SNL makes me view America as a depressing shithole more than your work culture, car worship, health care system and politics. The world looks at a country with SNL and thinks "thank god that's not me"

obviously you missed the mango episodes

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Jelly posted:

the top thread in GBS being about hating SNL is so very GBS

trump-tier criticism, good work everyone

actually a lot of people here love the show and support its vital role as an incubator for fresh comedic talent and incredible one-of-a kind characters, like mango

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i saw taylor swift on snl, she became a pretty big star, maybe even bigger than adam sandler

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

steve martin

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Triikan posted:

Are you saying you discovered Taylor Swift?

nah, some football player seems to have put her on the map

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

covidstomper58 posted:

Rob Schneider is looking good, did he do anything after SNL?

he was good in seaquest

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

he was born and bred to be the face of canada at epcot

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Martin Short is fine but only in small doses. Only Murders In The Building does a fantastic job of never QUITE giving us Too Much Martin Short.

no, i watched the first season of this and several episodes had too much martin short

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

watching that Turn On video posted a couple days ago reminds me, it's time to bring back The Television Wheel (AKA the original XBOX)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meqonUzc-pI

Joel left MST3K to bring us this masterpiece

e: episode begins about 12 min in if you don't want to watch the prologue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if i catch anyone enjoying snl, that’s it, they’re toast