Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Is it better than 1995 snl at least?
https://archive.org/details/saturday-night-live-s-20-e-15-paul-reiser-annie-lennox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Bad Purchase posted:

lol, they could do that same opening skit today

well, maybe not today because there is no republican house speaker, but you know what i mean

Check out that "Where's Superman?" sketch right after the monologue. It goes on for like 6 minutes and I think there were about two times it managed to get a laugh out of the audience.

They also went to the trouble to snag rather elaborate xenomorph costume effects for "Aliens 4: Mad About You Aliens" (at about 47 minutes) but didn't bother to write any, like, jokes for the skit or anything. I guess "Aliens in Mad About You because Paul Reiser" is itself a joke, but the writers needed a memo that a skit needs multiple jokes.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Today's SNL still hasn't aired here, so someone else will have to tell me if it's better or worse than "Turn On" a show that was cancelled during its first commercial break on its first episode in 1969: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d5/Turn-On_Episode_1.webm

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Bad Purchase posted:

watched the whole thing, can confirm it was better than snl

Good to know thx!

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

Dixville posted:

Who all's parents let them watch SNL at a somewhat young age? I knew some kids that weren't allowed. I pitied them. My parents didn't worry about what we watched but we also didn't have cable. We did have satellite though but I could never figure out how to work it.

My mom didn't care what I watched unless it had titties then all of a sudden she'd be all "what is this filth?!"

SidneyIsTheKiller fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Oct 15, 2023