Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
the top thread in GBS being about hating SNL is so very GBS

trump-tier criticism, good work everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Roleplaying Dad posted:

I'm too old to stay up for SNL anymore anyway. Nothing beats falling asleep before midnight.
I don't even know how to watch it any more, they took it off Hulu a while ago which is the last streaming service I was aware had it.

I'm guessing now you have to watch it on the website in lovely quality with commercials?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Knormal posted:

NBC presumably stuck it on Peacock, the NBC streaming service no one uses.
Like everyone else, I cannot stop forgetting this exists. I thought Paramount+ was bad but it has at least five interesting things like the Star Trek franchise, Twin Peaks, Ninja Turtles, Detroiters and Review. What does Peacock have?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

haljordan posted:

This remains the greatest thing ever written about SNL (and perhaps TV in general):
Paywalled, but I want to read it

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

TIP posted:

add a . after the com

https://nymag.com./arts/tv/features/47548/

works a surprising number of places

whoah cool, thanks for the pro tip

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

haljordan posted:

Yeah this is cringe to the one billionth power. Either that or Alec Baldwin holding up a "YOU'RE WELCOME" sign at the end of the season finale a few years ago....I guess we should be thanking him for his terrible terrible Trump impression and taking a spot away from someone who actually deserved a shot?
are we still doing phrasing?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Paramount+ also has Beavis & Butthead reboot, by far best animated thing going at the moment. Tom Anderson war stories are amazing.
Thank you for this! I am learning a ton of poo poo from this thread today.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

redshirt posted:

Bill Murray.

Murphy was a huge star, but he fell pretty hard and never recovered.

Murray's been trucking along since the 70's as a star.

Will Ferrell has to be in the top five.

Sandler is top 5 as well.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

redshirt posted:

Yeah, for sure.

I'm trying to think of another top 5. Mike Meyers? Martin Short? Billy Crystal?

Also Bill Hader, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler. They're still prime.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

I've been hardcore listening to Conan O'Brien's podcast from start to finish and I think he's one of the funniest human beings on the planet and it's a great place to learn more about comedy and comedians.

This is relevant because Conan wrote for SNL, knows and makes fun of Lorne frequently, interviews lots of their cast, and has interesting discussions about forms of comedy where he often brings up Steve Martin due to how uniquely serious he is about it.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

murray and murphy playing off each other in ghostbusters could have been some magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Vegetable posted:

Martin short is a very unfunny man who famous people really want me to think is funny
this is a very terrible opinion