Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
at the end of every show they should pick the weakest performer and kick them off the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

haljordan posted:

Bowfinger is hilarious though, I just rewatched it recently

agree, it's an underrated gem

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Martin Short is fine but only in small doses. Only Murders In The Building does a fantastic job of never QUITE giving us Too Much Martin Short.

Agreed, it's Short's best performance in years.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
snl would've been canceled in 1980 if it weren't for eddie murphy, and it would've been canceled in 1996 if it weren't for will ferrell

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

haljordan posted:

Indifference and inertia

yeah pretty much lol

seriously, though, the current cast really is missing any kind of breakout stars right now; the closest i can think of is james autsin johnson, who does good political impressions but who really wants to hear trump rambling for the four hundredth time?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
hey remember when aaron sorkin did a show about a fictionalized version of snl, and made it about how serious and important this sketch comedy show was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

FishBowlRobot posted:

Damon Wayans posted:

He never said anything but great things about me - even though he fired me.

Oh yeah I forgot Damon Wayans got fired from SNL lol