Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Friend of mine likes watching old SNL episodes due to how weird some of them end up being. He sent me a clip of a sketch from the Phil Hartman era which is about a family after eating Thanksgiving dinner, where they sit on the couch, talk about how much they ate, undo their belts, and each fall asleep. There are absolutely no jokes throughout the entire thing.

But the YouTube comments are nothing but people saying, "Man, what a classic! They don't make sketches this good anymore!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

GolfHole posted:

makinnnnnnnnnnnggggggg copieeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssss

It's kind of amazing how big that character became considering the first appearance bombed hard.

Anyway, I liked the Google interview bit in the new episode. Though, "Character takes an embarrassing poo poo" is a punchline SNL uses a LOT in the last decade.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

One of Jack Handy's books had a bunch of SNL scripts, including a sketch that never got made for a Carl Weathers episode called the Zombies vs. the Bees. It was a horror movie where zombies and bees were at war with each other and the humans were casually arguing over which side they were on. Weathers was going to play the sheriff, who just did not have time for this poo poo.

It was pretty funny.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Escape From Noise posted:

Huh. Didn't know Alec Baldwin got his start on YouTube.

I just remembered that unfortunate stretch where SNL kept having Jim Carrey play Joe Biden. It was rough.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Escape From Noise posted:

Oh God. When was this? I haven't lived in the US since 2017 and don't really watch SNL.

It was the 2020-2021 season. There wasn't really anything to it and it was just for the sake of having a guest celebrity on call to do the cold open.

They should have just brought in Jason Sudeikis. I always liked his Biden persona back when Biden was VP. He was just this overly friendly guy who was also an excited child.