Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
https://twitter.com/Count2Baseball/status/1712925581871092111?s=20
Only 4 teams remain. Which one are you rooting for?

:frogsiren: ALCS: Deep in the Heart of Texas :frogsiren:
Both teams have some weird mojo going on. Or they played bad teams. Who knows. At least they don’t have to travel far to play each other.

• The Texas Rangers: With Arms Wide Open
    The Rangers have fully embraced the playoff chaos demons as well as early 2000s god-rock. When was the last time Creed was even relevant? The Rangers don’t care. They’ll keep blaring it in the locker room and win games. Can you take them higher?
    https://twitter.com/rangers/status/1713555333606691295?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw
  • The Houston Astros: Devil Magic never left
    Okay, I’ll say it. The Devil Magic that St Louis has relied on for years have new owners. It now belongs to the Houston Astros. Be on the brink of elimination, only to win the division at the last minute because everyone else conveniently collapse in the last week of the regular season? It’s possible for Houston. The Postmortem thread was crying about Houston joining them soon, but now they’re in the ALCS. In Dusty we Trusty indeed.
    https://twitter.com/astros/status/1713419431295307837?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

:frogsiren: NLCS: Loser keeps Curt Schilling :frogsiren:
https://twitter.com/panasonicdx4500/status/1710833713787900200?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw
Congrats, National League! Both contenders are wild card picks! Now we have to hear crying and whining about how the playoff format needs to change cause the 100 game winners got bounced in the divisional series! The horror! We have two flavors of chaos in this series. You get to pick which one. Good luck.

• The Arizona Diamondbacks: Chaos Classic
    The Diamondbacks are what I consider the “normal” playoff chaos. They eek their way into the playoffs and play spoiler for every playoff bracket out there. They swept both the Brewers and the Dodgers, possibly ended Clayton Kershaw’s and Lance Lynn’s careers, and still had time to take a nice dip in the pool afterwards. Hopefully they won’t scab on the road this time.
    https://twitter.com/dbacks/status/1712327993023254747?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw
  • The Philadelphia Phillies: Feral Gremlin Energy
    The Phillies are an odd bunch. And by odd bunch I mean they and the fans have that unhinged goblin energy that makes you glad they’re on your side. You have a mascot? They’ll skin them alive and make cheesesteaks on the roof. You chirp at a blunder they make? They have tshirts already made and will make you pay in spades. Bad news? Nick Castellanos already hit a deep home run to left. There’s no escape. Just ask Atlanta.
    https://twitter.com/jomboymedia/status/1712703194361467198?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

:supaburn: YOUR SCHEDULE :supaburn:
https://twitter.com/mlb/status/1712891072957812915?s=46&t=lRl8HNC2dXvuRHcXaz1cXw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Go the Texas Rangers IMO

Honestly both NL teams are pretty cool, Corbin Carroll destroyed the Cubs playoff hopes almost single-handedly but I still love the way he plays and if my large adult son Kyle Schwarber has to lose to them then so be it.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Good luck to the Mexican and German soccer teams trying to compete with NLCS game 2.

Lol Flyers

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Good luck to the Mexican and German soccer teams trying to compete with NLCS game 2.

Lol Flyers

triple sulk posted:

The Philadelphia Flyers are dogshit garbage

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

Best of luck to the good teams (you know who you are)

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
The Rangers are cool and fun and I hope they win the next 8 games!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

G
O

A
S
T
R
O
S

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Go the Phillies and... the Texas Rangers? That can't be right.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Philly and it's many jawns can't be stopped

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Phillies and Diamondbacks are both cool teams, either will be granted the honour of seceding Texas.

Go Phillies.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
go anyone who is not the houston astros

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Astros gonna repeat!

GOMS

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

G
O

A
S
T
R
O
S

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Astros aren’t a dynasty yet. That’s something to work on.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I've been doing some deep dives on the CS lineups and what each team brings to the table and basically the Phillies have Garrett Stubbs so they're going to take it all, namaste.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

thehoodie posted:

go anyone who is not the houston astros

:yeah:

Man I'm pumped for this week. These series should both be fun, and we even get some 2 game days!

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Go Astros to hell :twisted:

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Gorangers

Nostros

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Got to get tough, Go Stros

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Love to see Fox roll out ARod, Papi, and Jeter, producing precisely zero people I ever want to hear speak

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Bregor posted:

Love to see Fox roll out ARod, Papi, and Jeter, producing precisely zero people I ever want to hear speak

Gotta keep the NY market involved

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I would like for the Rangers to win this game and all subsequent games

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I would like for the Rangers to win this game and all subsequent games

Hey me too! You sound smart and cool, you're a real role model for society to look up to.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

"It's the Texas Rangers vs the Houston Texans"

Fox announcers are so loving stupid

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

...! posted:

I like the Rangers in that baseball matchup

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

wow who let A-Rod get into the spray tan

...!
Oct 5, 2003

GOMS???

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

...! posted:

I was in the other room and thought I was going insane when I heard that

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I know everyone wants to copy the NBA pre/post game shows with Barkley and company, but I'll be honest: I just don't think anyone will come close to copying that magic. Closest is probably the Manningcast on the NFL, but they botch that with random rear end guest interviews in the middle of games.

Seems obvious and yet they still keep trying lovely formulas.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ugh, why does Houston have to have a much better radio crew

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Nice start

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

Nice start

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Not sure I'm sold on Garver in the 3 spot but Grossman is an absolute no and Garver's small sample size in the postseason is too stupid to ignore. Oh well, hope it becomes a non issue. Semien is the bigger problem right now.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

I know everyone wants to copy the NBA pre/post game shows with Barkley and company, but I'll be honest: I just don't think anyone will come close to copying that magic. Closest is probably the Manningcast on the NFL, but they botch that with random rear end guest interviews in the middle of games.

Seems obvious and yet they still keep trying lovely formulas.

To replicate a pre/post a la Barkley and company they first need to assemble a group of personalities as compelling together as Barkley and company and so far that ain't ever happened.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hot dog, nice catch.

Go Rangers

Bregor
May 31, 2013

John Smoltz shut the gently caress up challenge [impossible]

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Popete posted:

Hot dog, nice catch.

Go Rangers

Rangers radio guy, in a monotone "he leaps and makes a good catch"

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh no they've given Smoltz the ability to draw on screen arrows

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

No hits but Altuve and Bregman both gave it a ride which worries me going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Bregor posted:

John Smoltz shut the gently caress up challenge [impossible]

why do I feel like I'm becoming dumber about baseball listening to a hall of fame pitcher like what the hell is going on jfc