Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
lmao i love this. so creepy!!

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
sons

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

It's like the happiest most innocent Michael Myers. Just a sheepish look with those eyebrows, apparently because he got caught eating the last of the mint ice cream judging by the color of his lips.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
The loving Mankind mask is baffling. Surely you could just make a rubber version of his mask easier.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

wtf lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There were a whole lot of extremely cheap plastic pop culture masks throughout the 50s into the 80s which came with shoddy printed plastic smocks

They must have been extremely cheap to produce so pretty much any character which had any kind of pop culture presence got a costume

More here: https://clickamericana.com/holidays-seasons/halloween/vintage-halloween-masks-costumes-at-the-drugstore-in-the-60s-70s

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 18, 2023

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There were a whole lot of extremely cheap plastic pop culture masks throughout the 50s into the 80s which came with shoddy printed plastic smocks

They must have been extremely cheap to produce so pretty much any character which had any kind of pop culture presence got a costume

More here: https://clickamericana.com/holidays-seasons/halloween/vintage-halloween-masks-costumes-at-the-drugstore-in-the-60s-70s

Some of my earliest costumes were this style, a Cookie Monster and a Bart Simpson. Those masks were razor sharp around the mouth and eye holes and would cover your face in your own breath moisture.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lol we had this one, my dad was Mankind one year

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

I had a Tinkerbell version of that mask and smock set when I was little. A few years later I got an upgraded version of that costume: a lovely mask and a purple sweatsuit featuring Marge Simpson. Why was it purple? Who knows

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I had one of these for Sonic one year.

Hardcordion posted:

Those masks were razor sharp around the mouth and eye holes

This is also one of the only things I remember about them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Twenty Four posted:

It's like the happiest most innocent Michael Myers. Just a sheepish look with those eyebrows, apparently because he got caught eating the last of the mint ice cream judging by the color of his lips.

I thought that was supposed to be Data.

Also thay Goldust looks like he was beheaded and the head was placed on Vinces desk.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 18, 2023

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Born in ‘79 and I definitely remember rolling carts of these smock and mask getups at K-Mart and the like when I was a kid. Thank my lucky stars my parents were creative and made me original costumes from scratch (mom loved to sew) so that I never once wore those things.

LMAO, “I’m Benji. Ruff ruff.” :geno:

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns2dyze1yu8

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tobacco ftw

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

is this thing made of asbestos

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lots of good av material in here

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I thought that was supposed to be Data.

Also thay Goldust looks like he was beheaded and the head was placed on Vinces desk.

I went with the more obvious Halloween connection, but you know what, you probably have just as much chance of being right, lol. They could probably package and sell it as both if someone thought to do that. Or cheap parents go "You're Michael Meyers this year, next year you are going as Data and reusing the mask." Meanwhile the kid has no clue who either of those people are, lol.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Twenty Four posted:

I went with the more obvious Halloween connection, but you know what, you probably have just as much chance of being right, lol. They could probably package and sell it as both if someone thought to do that. Or cheap parents go "You're Michael Meyers this year, next year you are going as Data and reusing the mask." Meanwhile the kid has no clue who either of those people are, lol.

If it is Michael Meyers, it can also be a Captain Kirk mask! 3 masks in one!

And the sharpe mouth hole, all to real. The Venture Bros mentioning it when Hank is wearing the Bat costume, and he cuts his tongue on it and Dean goes "why do you keep doing that?" and Hank goes "i can't help it, its maddening

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 20, 2023

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Its bad Halloween Masks, not handsome and cool masks!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

If it is Michael Meyers, it can also be a Captain Kirk mask! 3 masks in one!

And the sharpe mouth hole, all to real. The Venture Bros mentioning it when Hank is wearing the Bat costume, and he cuts his tongue on it and Dean goes "why do you keep doing that?" and Hank goes "i can't help it, its maddening

I went to get to the bottom of this, and apparently the original Michael Meyers mask was a William Shatner mask painted white? I had no clue! That post makes much more sense now, I thought you were just playing off the Data from Star Trek thing you posted above when you mentioned Captain Kirk.

https://riotdaily.com/9-hilariously-bad-michael-myers-halloween-masks/

I guess the one posted before is supposed to be a Michael Meyers mask by design, but I like the added Captain Kirk and Data bonus you brought up, lol. Me learning something might be the best thing that mask accomplished!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Mike Myers?

----------------

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
I must be political poisoned because I see a more handsome Eric Trump here.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

From left to right: Jim Memo, Daryl Fetterman, Cody O'Brady

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

ccubed posted:

I must be political poisoned because I see a more handsome Eric Trump here.

:lol:

Add the Butthead teeth and yep.

----------------

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:lol:

Add the Butthead teeth and yep.

----------------

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:vince:

----------------

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You Are A Werewolf posted:

From left to right: Jim Memo, Daryl Fetterman, Cody O'Brady

I'd definitely repurpose this Conan mask as some sort of horrible hate-for-the-living revenant Conan.
the others are more goofy.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

With some work this thing could be modified for a good likeness of Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Those are the only kinds of Halloween costumes I was allowed to wear as a kid.