Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Why should everything be safer... so they can get inside to be a well trained consumer? Parking lots could have ramps and pitfalls, swinging log traps, and speed boosts on the ground near corners. Not everything needs to be corpo friendly.

people would just take the ramps and log traps and speed boosts apart and sell them on ebay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
he's in his 40s

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
If we could just train crows to put away the carts then a thread like this would never have to happen again

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Lt. Cock posted:

If we could just train crows to put away the carts then a thread like this would never have to happen again

a few weeks ago I saw a homeless dude at Smith's yelling at the teenager clearing the cart corrals that if they'd just pay his rear end cash, he'd come over every night and do it

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

a few weeks ago I saw a homeless dude at Smith's yelling at the teenager clearing the cart corrals that if they'd just pay his rear end cash, he'd come over every night and do it

and yet the cart narc calls the homeless “permanent lazybones”

curious!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

and yet the cart narc calls the homeless “permanent lazybones”

curious!

he came over to me while I was loading my car because he was "drawn to [me] by [my] shirt," after that exchange and proceeded to spit some pretty good rhymes so I gave him a couple bucks and a cigarette, so he did get something out of it

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Earwicker posted:

people would just take the ramps and log traps and speed boosts apart and sell them on ebay

They leave the speed bumps so I think if you tar it to the asphalt people don't scavenge.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

he's in his 40s

That’s even worse lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

wtf is a BM degree?

also how do you not know what a Bachelors in Mastery is when you're trying to earn one, it was absolutely not a joke about making GBS threads

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I had a grocery parking lot near-incident recently. I was loading groceries into the back of my car and when I turned around, I saw my empty cart rolling away. I quickly ran after it and caught it right before it banged into a new looking luxury car. I thought it was pretty sweet that I was quick enough to stop it. But that wasn’t enough for the guy who was sitting in the car. I didn’t know he was in there watching because of his tinted windows. He opens the door to yell at me to be more careful next time, and make sure I knew my cart almost hit his precious Lexus or whatever. I said yeah ok bro, (sure thing DICK) and left. It was a nice catch but rather than everyone being relieved, he needed to prolong the moment and make it lovely.

Some people WANT to be mad about something, even something that didn’t actually happen. They want some poo poo to happen that they can scream at you about, or threaten a lawsuit, let you know that they’re armed, or follow you to your house. Getting up every morning to spend the day deliberately dragging that reaction out of random people is psychotic.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Lt. Cock posted:

If you were one of the people that he went viral filming, is there any type of law suit you could throw at him? I’m just curious how guys like this manage to make a living on it, because even if it’s technically legal I feel like they’d end up in court a lot.

I mentioned it before but loving with people's cars with magnets is a no go. All someone has to do is say that he scratched the paint job and whoops that's vandalism get hosed cart weirdo. The police, your insurance, and any lawyers will (assuming competence) take that just as seriously as if someone walked by your car and deliberately keyed it. That it's on camera means this guy would be hosed. Which makes me wonder if he ever hasn't uploaded video to help get away with that sort of gently caress up given the sheer number of videos he has doing this.

Stuff like chasing people around the parking lot while having a bullhorn and yelling "LAZYBONES" in random people's ears while wearing a bulletproof vest is also going to have even remotely competent cops show up to introduce you to the pavement fast for fear that you're some sort of psychotic lunatic that needs to be kept watch on. The idea of dressing up like that to harass people for a bit in the age of American mass shootings is so dumb that it's ridiculous. :lol:

Add on that he sometimes follows them out of the parking lot and basically stalks some of them until their temper breaks and that's pretty much harassment and attempting to incite something.

Though given that this guy originally did this for a radio show or something i'm sure he's got good enough lawyers to bail him out of the trouble he puts himself into so he can keep on loving with people. Folks who aren't backed by money typically don't act like this for long. They gently caress around, find out with a lawsuit or charges, and then tend to fade into irrelevance as the consequences keep mounting up and they can't afford to keep acting like this. The ability to buy your way out of trouble is part of what a lot of these pranksters rely on when the consequences come knocking. :shrug:

You'll also note that the ones he goes out of his way to get a bigger reaction out of sometimes seem to be poor. Which also probably helps insulate him from consequences. Can't make the richer guy feel consequences with a lawsuit if he's touring less fortunate places where people can't afford to fight back!

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 21, 2023

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Ralph Hurley posted:

I had a grocery parking lot near-incident recently. I was loading groceries into the back of my car and when I turned around, I saw my empty cart rolling away. I quickly ran after it and caught it right before it banged into a new looking luxury car. I thought it was pretty sweet that I was quick enough to stop it. But that wasn’t enough for the guy who was sitting in the car. I didn’t know he was in there watching because of his tinted windows. He opens the door to yell at me to be more careful next time, and make sure I knew my cart almost hit his precious Lexus or whatever. I said yeah ok bro, (sure thing DICK) and left. It was a nice catch but rather than everyone being relieved, he needed to prolong the moment and make it lovely.

Some people WANT to be mad about something, even something that didn’t actually happen. They want some poo poo to happen that they can scream at you about, or threaten a lawsuit, let you know that they’re armed, or follow you to your house. Getting up every morning to spend the day deliberately dragging that reaction out of random people is psychotic.

ngl i would be pissed too

like yeah its cool that you managed to keep your own fuckup from escalating into thousands of dollars in damage and months of time wasted but you still hosed up

would you like an award

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

No just keep your window rolled up and stfu

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

redshirt posted:

Thus, instead of confronting these people, Cart Narc should help put the carts away, making that parking lot safer.

Agent Cameron does this a lot. He's just taking back carts (trolleys) until he spots a Lazybones committing an offence. And if you watch the video of him I posted earlier you will see an example of him taking the trolley back for someone because they admitted their mistake.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

huh posted:

Agent Cameron does this a lot. He's just taking back carts (trolleys) until he spots a Lazybones committing an offence. And if you watch the video of him I posted earlier you will see an example of him taking the trolley back for someone because they admitted their mistake.

"Agent Cameron" :lmao:

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I binged on Cart Narcs about a year ago and it was amazing to see how quickly people Lazybones call the police for something that a) they can simply drive away from, and b) is just silly.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Ralph Hurley posted:

No just keep your window rolled up and stfu

are you the person that left a cart on an incline while it rolled down a hill and slammed into my quarterpanel while I was pulling out of a parking space 12 years ago

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Archonex posted:

"Agent Cameron" :lmao:

I'm reading a reddit thread now wherein someone says Agent Sebastian is Agent Cameron! They are the same person but different persona. What a twist!

Archonex
May 2, 2012

huh posted:

I'm reading a reddit thread now wherein someone says Agent Sebastian is Agent Cameron! They are the same person but different persona. What a twist!

Agent Cameron is clearly the good cop to Agent Sebastian's bad cop. Together, they are the multiiple personality disorder cart narc.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 21, 2023

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

pencilhands posted:

like yeah its cool that you managed to keep your own fuckup from escalating into thousands of dollars in damage and months of time wasted but you still hosed up

would you like an award

You would be mad that someone prevented an extremely minor incident that wouldn't have caused property damage anyway? I guess that's why you're the Wizard Master

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

There's a guy who goes around with a southern accent but it gets really weirdly strong when he's dealing with black women, almost as though he's imitating a southern black woman. It's weird

Archonex
May 2, 2012

huh posted:

I binged on Cart Narcs about a year ago and it was amazing to see how quickly people Lazybones call the police for something that a) they can simply drive away from, and b) is just silly.

My brother in christ, this guy rolls up on people in a full on meal team six tacti-cool outfit like what you see at extremist right winger protests and starts yelling the word lazybones at them while slapping poo poo on their cars. Most people would call the cops just to be sure he won't pull a gun on them in whatever fit of mania he's in the midst of dealing with.

"Oh no, the guy who looks like he's on his way to shoot up a school and/or his former place of work is targeting me. I had better not alert the cops about this!"

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 21, 2023

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
ever see a full diaper left in a cart?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

huh posted:

Yeah you guys keep saying this and then others keep reiterating that it's actually a fairly bulky dude wearing a visible bulletproof vest approaching them, filming them, and acting weird, aggressive, and hyper while flinging insults at them. He is intentionally trying to get them on edge to get a rise out of them and film it. He also follows them when they do attempt to drive away.

e: beaten

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
lol that gbs thinks the cart narc is a visible threat

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Archonex posted:

My brother in christ, this guy rolls up on people in a full on meal team six tacti-cool outfit like what you see at extremist right winger protests and starts yelling the word lazybones at them while slapping poo poo on their cars. Most people would call the cops just to be sure he won't pull a gun on them in whatever fit of mania he's in the midst of dealing with.

"Oh no, the guy who looks like he's on his way to shoot up a school and/or his former place of work is targeting me. I had better not alert the cops about this!"

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Yeah you guys keep saying this and then others keep reiterating that it's actually a fairly bulky dude wearing a visible bulletproof vest approaching them, filming them, and acting weird, aggressive, and hyper while flinging insults at them. He is intentionally trying to get them on edge to get a rise out of them and film it. He also follows them when they do attempt to drive away.

If you put your cart away then you would not be approached, seems simple to me

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Jelly posted:

HE'S GOT A GUN *throws cart into potential perp but it stops 5 feet in because one of the casters rotates 360 without input*

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I fully expect him to get hit by a car driven by someone he's harassing someday, and that person will get a slap on the wrist or be exonerated as acting in self-defense.

Huh, now I wonder if that would work as castle doctrine/stand your ground if he got shot

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

HE'S GOT A GUN *throws cart into potential perp but it stops 5 feet in because one of the casters rotates 360 without input*

I always imagined there's a cart garage in the back where they're fixing up carts and getting them back in service. Full shop, a lift, etc.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

I always imagined there's a cart garage in the back where they're fixing up carts and getting them back in service. Full shop, a lift, etc.

lmao not at any of the ones in my neighborhood, some of them have definitely been reclaimed from people switching up like hermit crabs, too

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Jelly posted:

lol that goons can't understand why a big middle aged dude wearing a visible bullet proof vest and saying weird poo poo to you might be a perceivable threat in the USA in 2023

satanic splash-back posted:

If you put your cart away then you would not be approached, seems simple to me

I bet if you keep saying this in spite of much better counter arguments it'll continue to get funnier and funnier

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

pencilhands posted:

would you like an award

forcing retail workers to deal with your toilet-clogging opioid-induced bowel rocks: haha, funy joak

seeing your ride almost get dinged: y-you MONSTER, YOU FIEND, YOU ALMOST RUINED MY ENTIRE LIFE. THIS UNPROMPTED AGGRESSION FROM THE LIKES OF YOU WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, AND AS GOD IS MY WITNESS, I WILL HAVE MY JUSTICE

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Put your car in the cart corral and the cart narc will explode from the paradox

Archonex
May 2, 2012

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

That last bit is important. When his targets attempt to de-escalate by driving away he then follows them and keeps the pressure up so he can get content at their expense. It's no wonder some folks break and smack the guy on the head to get him away from them. De-escalation was attempted and was soundly rejected by the guy who looks like he chills with the proud boys in his spare time. At that point force is the only way to get him to gently caress off.

I'm genuinely surprised this guy hasn't gotten the absolute poo poo beaten out of him by now given that.

Khanstant posted:

Put your car in the cart corral and the cart narc will explode from the paradox

You wanna get a paradox driven cart narc who can narc on all cart leavers at all points in time? Because this is how you get one of those.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 21, 2023

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Archonex posted:

That last bit is important. When his targets attempt to de-escalate by driving away he then follows them and keeps the pressure up so he can get content at their expense. It's no wonder some folks break and smack the guy on the head to get him away from them.
The weak should fear the strong

Archonex
May 2, 2012

temple posted:

The weak should fear the strong

The weak should consume the cart narc to take his powers and outfit

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
hahahha how the gently caress is cyber bullying Cart Narc harassment real hahahaha Lazybones just walk drive away from the screen scene like Lazybones close your eyes have a laugh and get on with your day haha

Archonex
May 2, 2012

huh posted:

hahahha how the gently caress is cyber bullying Cart Narc harassment real hahahaha Lazybones just walk drive away from the screen scene like Lazybones close your eyes have a laugh and get on with your day haha

Go drink some milk

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tangentially, how about those lazy folks who park in the fire lane right in front of the exit? Am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
There's basically never a fire so I applaud their ingenuity. And if there was a fire I'm not going to give a poo poo about getting a close parking space anyway.