Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

My only issue with it is he doesn't know, and we don't know if he's actually just catching someone on the worst day of their life. Maybe they just got fired. Maybe their mom just died and they couldn't give less of a poo poo about returning the cart in that moment, even if normally they return it. Maybe that's why they blow up.

If they don’t return their cart, they deserve whatever happened to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

We had this discussion before and the consensus from retail workers iirc was that they enjoyed collecting the carts as a break from other work.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i always put my cart back when i leave, but i leave my car in the parking lot when i arrive

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

pencilhands posted:

Yeah ngl that video gave me pause as well as the one where he follows some ladies to their house.

"But I still watch his videos"

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I dress up as a cart and place myself next to unsuspecting pensioners so the Cart Narc runs over and blasts an air horn in their ears until they go into cardiac arrest, then loot their body for Mint Imperials

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sophy Wackles posted:

We had this discussion before and the consensus from retail workers iirc was that they enjoyed collecting the carts as a break from other work.

Thats a good point, and everybody's getting paid hourly anyway so who gives a poo poo.

Hell some of them even have a quarter bounty attached.

Case closed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Who?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

My only issue with it is he doesn't know, and we don't know if he's actually just catching someone on the worst day of their life. Maybe they just got fired. Maybe their mom just died and they couldn't give less of a poo poo about returning the cart in that moment, even if normally they return it. Maybe that's why they blow up.

No see he's doing it for the workers*

*workers generally don't care, a lot actually love wrangling carts because it's the closest thing they'll get to a break.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Sophy Wackles posted:

Do NOT preempt my posts again, thank you this is your ONLY warning

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Sophy Wackles posted:

your coworkers will all feel differently about it and the boss has cameras everywhere but if you know who's around during your shift and who's watching, stray shopping carts are a great way to facilitate time theft

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I feel like that defeats the whole point of the shopping cart test. Like, the premise is "what will you do when the stakes are low and you cannot possibly get in trouble". Some weirdo turning it into candid camera is just a pointless and intrusive escalation.

Also, maybe don't harass random people or follow them to their house?? Sounds like a creep tbh

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Maybe the Cart Narc has a guy that follows him around and harasses him whenever he’s not policing shopping cart etiquette correctly. Maybe he’s the true victim here

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Every subsequent day of my life has been worse than the last since sometime in the mid/late 90's and I have never not returned a shopping cart.

Cart Narc is annoying but he highlights a salient issue pervading western culture; namely that we have lost all sense of social responsibility and are no longer willing to do the bare minimum in an effort to hold the fabric of society together.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
leaving it in the parking lot huh? (getting brass knuckles from the glove box) looks like this bitch is going to need a hand with her groceries

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I've had the worst days of my life, a complete surprise terrible breakup over the phone while I was shopping.

And I still put my cart back in the loving bin.

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
Putting carts on the island should count since it effectively stops carts from blowing into other people/cars, but he's gotten upset about that too so I'm gonna say this is closer to a youtuber playing the "I'm not touching you" game instead of somebody who cares about the public good

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Slam Pajamas posted:

Putting carts on the island should count since it effectively stops carts from blowing into other people/cars, but he's gotten upset about that too so I'm gonna say this is closer to a youtuber playing the "I'm not touching you" game instead of somebody who cares about the public good

Wrongo pal, it's a symbol of if you're willing to participate in society.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
no! noooo! please do not make me enjoy the absolute beauty of the parking lot sky with only my thoughts on the matter and my cellular phone to keep me company, civilization demands I must have constant one-on-one interaction with the dead-eyed elderly :(

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS

Konar posted:

Wrongo pal, it's a symbol of if you're willing to participate in society.

It's the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law that counts, bucko

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
We went to the store last night and after we loaded up the car, my girlfriend turned the engine over and this lady made eye contact with both of us, walked her shopping cart directly up to the passenger side door maintaining eye contact, left it about an inch away from the car, broke eye contact and walked away.

We were parked next to the cart corral.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Employees aside, loose carts can drift and hit people's cars and that's not cool.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'll return the cart if there's a corral near by.
But sometimes we'll be in a lovely spot in the carpark and there's none around so gently caress shopping center management, cart gets placed in the least in-the-way-of-a-car spot possible.

Cart Narc should be Narcing on lovely mall management more.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

pencilhands posted:

I just discovered this YouTube channel where a guy goes around calling out people who don’t return their shopping carts. Personally I think it’s pretty funny but some people say he’s monetizing harassment. He never really does anything other than put a magnet on your car though which as far as I know won’t damage it or anything. What do you think?

what do they do to people who leave rocky opioid turds in public bathrooms without flushing op?

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Confronting strangers about an absolutely trivial matter for internet clicks, yes totally normal behavior, what could go wrong?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

NoiseAnnoys posted:

what do they do to people who leave rocky opioid turds in public bathrooms without flushing op?

gently caress off!!

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
couldn't help but notice you didn't put your shopping cart away.. that's ok get in my van i'll take you to the corral

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

pencilhands posted:

gently caress off!!

lmao

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

prison labor should be returning carts to the cart corral, not me.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Sophy Wackles posted:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

give me as much poo poo to do outside as possible so i do NOT have to come back in

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

op's guy is a human parasite btw, like all these other camcorder warriors. just hunting for acceptable targets

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I asked my wife who worked at a grocery store growing up and she said that's dumb. It's miserable and hard to wrangle carts if it hot or raining outside, in my head I was picturing a nice sunny day but it feels like poo poo outside then I could see it not being a good time

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

skill issue

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

My wife is much stronger than his and could vanquish her on the field of battle

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

cumpantry posted:

give me as much poo poo to do outside as possible so i do NOT have to come back in

:hai:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I hope a shopping cart kills him

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

he's doing a good thing, but he's a Youtuber so only his death will make the world a better place

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Getting cart narcd is like the most benign mormon schoolboy level of prankery, it's such a low stakes rib and a normal response whould be something like "ahhh you got me" instead of pulling out a gun or chasing the guy around a parking lot or something which is where the channel shines. But doing stuff like moving their cart behind their car so they can't leave feels too much like poking the bear to me. The bumper magnets are funny though

Don't watch the channel anymore but it is interesting to see others opinions on it especially from people who have worked in grocery stores

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
He's probably gonna get shot one day like that one guy harassing the Uber eats driver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lucky Guy posted:

he's doing a good thing, but he's a Youtuber so only his death will make the world a better place

This. If you can't even return your cart to the designated area then you shouldn't be allowed to participate in society, you have given up any pretense of caring about other people. On the other hand you shouldn't chase social media fame by shaming these people.