Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
spray-on food products.

e: and also food products sold in tooth paste like squeeze-tube dispensers.

frumpykvetchbot fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
My god none of you have the proper level of spatial awareness nor understanding that other people move and exist in the world to be out in public, I sincerely hope you wear helmets all the time.

Elukka posted:

Is it better if the giant truck idiots see even less, for that matter?

Have you ever seen a truck? They already sit higher! They don't need to see more and block other people! They can see fine over most poo poo they're parked near, we don't need to worry about them being criticized for parking like idiots to see "better!"

Michaeldim posted:

lmao pulling through a parking space is literally the safest way to park because you dont have to reverse

backing in is the 2nd safest, because you're only reversing into the spot, not into traffic.

reversing is one of the most dangerous things you can do in a parking lot, especially with pedestrians.

If you need to back out of a spot after parking in it you can do it slowly, in fact it's what you should do every single time, because people like to blast through parking lots like assholes too. It's a nonsense madhouse where people like to blast through while others block poo poo wasting their time backing into parking spots and now there's a loving shootoff because there were two spots "open" to pull through opposite each other and two people trying to pull through at the same time but whoops, now they can't, turns out other humans exist in the world, and way too many in the US pack heat and now they're loving pissed because they insist on the clown way to park.

Private Cumshoe fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 20, 2023

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Hosting a high-stakes poker game and not handing out a little booklet about how the game is played, just assuming everybody knows the rules

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
backing in rules op

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Backing into spaces is going to feel even better knowing it's making a goon melt down somewhere

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

It should be illegal to get mad at video games

The punishment for which is noogies and having girls laugh at you until you stop

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Punkinhead posted:

Backing into spaces is going to feel even better knowing it's making a goon melt down somewhere

Dude I NEVER back into spaces but I tried it just now while I was out running errands and I can only assume it was OP's rage that made it feel so goddamn good. 10/10, strongly recommend.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Umbrella use at wind speeds over 10m/s. You look ridiculous and you'll kill us all.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Dude I NEVER back into spaces but I tried it just now while I was out running errands and I can only assume it was OP's rage that made it feel so goddamn good. 10/10, strongly recommend.

wow you are a war criminal:

Michaeldim posted:

lmao pulling through a parking space is literally the safest way to park because you dont have to reverse

backing in is the 2nd safest, because you're only reversing into the spot, not into traffic.

reversing is one of the most dangerous things you can do in a parking lot, especially with pedestrians.

reversing is so dangerous, everyone should pull through all the time and I think that would work well because I'm a moron who has never seen how a parking lot works with fallible people actually using it

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

My old job actually required me to reverse the work truck in backwards. If a higher up left their office (rare) or home (even rarer) and saw somebody pulled in, write ups would ensue.

Tbh, backing in is so easy these days with backup cameras and radars that not doing it is just plain silly.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

I assume the people who hate backing in are also the ones that wont go anywhere that requires parallel parking

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lmao yessss perennial goon favourite "if you back in to a parking spot are you an rear end in a top hat" topic. let's loving go!!!!!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Reverse gears on cars should be illegal imo. If you can’t turn a car in a circle get off the road!!!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
John

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
not looking at your poop before flushing

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Reverse gears on cars should be illegal imo. If you can’t turn a car in a circle get off the road!!!

Automatics should be illegal. If you can't drive stick, take an Uber.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

ubers should be illegal. those are for poors

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sharting yourself in a packed elevator

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
"World Series" of any sport when there are less than five countries involved in it.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Apparently cannibalism may not be a crime in Britain, but there is no way to do it without committing a different crime

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

I assume the people who hate backing in are also the ones that wont go anywhere that requires parallel parking

Backwards, like everyone else who severely misunderstands my grievance in this thread, cities are much saner to drive in because everyone drives slower and more cautiously or else you hit everything lol

It's the crowded suburbs where everyone has a truck for some reason but nothing to load into the truck bed, ever, which is why they don't care about parking it somewhere it's less accessible when someone parks in the stall behind them and then you have a sea of trucks parked stupidly where everyone can't see much of anything anywhere

If you're in the back of the parking lot where no one is going to park near you or collide into you while you're both doing the same dumb thing sure I don't give a poo poo what you do or waste your time with, I'm not AOC trying to regulate where you can fart (even your car, no farting it's causing global warming and local dutch ovening)

Private Cumshoe fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 20, 2023

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

That’s cool and all but I provided an example of how I had to back in & so does everyone else in one of the most crowded cities in the world

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

driving in reverse as long as you can keep up with traffic

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

That’s cool and all but I provided an example of how I had to back in & so does everyone else in one of the most crowded cities in the world

Very cool keep doing that in Manila don't bring that poo poo to American suburbs

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Not walking along/climbing with the moving walkway/escalator

looking forward to every GBS moron chiming in with every dumb exception to this that no one is even arguing against, or misunderstanding that this rule maybe shouldn't apply everywhere, especially with designated lanes on such walkways/escalators where it's clear it's what you're freaking supposed to do

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

giving yourself a swirlie

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Private Cumshoe posted:

looking forward to every GBS moron chiming in with every dumb exception to this that no one is even arguing against, or misunderstanding that this rule maybe shouldn't apply everywhere, especially with designated lanes on such walkways/escalators where it's clear it's what you're freaking supposed to do

Stand on the right, walk/pass on the left. Just like driving.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Private Cumshoe posted:

I think that drinking your own piss should be illegal

(Looking forward to private cumshoe chiming in with exceptions where it should be legal)

Big Bowie Bonanza fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 20, 2023

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Piss communism is a little more complicated than "laws" can handle, society needs to reach a higher state to even have that discussion

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Criminal: Piss kulaks

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Honkey Tonk Piss Clubs

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

BigBadSteve posted:

Scratching your rear end in public then sniffing your fingers for a long time and moaning contentedly.

please don't outlaw this

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

maybeadracula posted:

Double illegal cancels out

:xickos:

Goons, goons, gooning rear end goons.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Putting things on the ground and then saying 'oh well, close enough'

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Masturbating and not completing.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

redshirt posted:

Stand on the right, walk/pass on the left. Just like driving.

Every time I'm on an escalator or similar I have to ask whoever I'm with to please stand to the side so people can get past if they want.

I don't know why this isn't instinct for everyone???

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Steve Martin Rule 34

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Private Cumshoe posted:

Last time I was at a loving airport I got trapped behind someone and their luggage just standing still on this thing and I had to awkwardly hurdle over to the other side so I could walk slightly faster than the belt was moving their idle stupid rear end.

These things don't exist for the purpose of providing you a respite from your arduous walk, they're to get you places faster.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i stand perfectly still on the escalator...hell its not a crime :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

credburn posted:

Last time I was at a loving airport I got trapped behind someone and their luggage just standing still on this thing and I had to awkwardly hurdle over to the other side so I could walk slightly faster than the belt was moving their idle stupid rear end.

These things don't exist for the purpose of providing you a respite from your arduous walk, they're to get you places faster.

If you did that at Newark you’d probably get shot.