Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z31YZj1kwiA

We need to rethink our approach to road safety and urban planning. This video essay does a good job explaining the failures of North American road design and the jaw dropping number of preventable fatalities from our over reliance on cars.

The video doesn’t discuss it, and unfortunately it has become the subject of an abundance of conspiracy theories but there is a push to rethink urban planning towards walkability and “the 15 minute city.” No this doesn’t mean you will be quarantined in your house for all but 15 minutes. That is absurd. Literally nobody wants that. Instead it is about zoning stores and places you would be likely to visit to be a short walk or bike ride away so you can get by without a car and save lots of money on gas as well as kill people with your big truck less often.

I would also love to see an investment in trains. I don't have a car and the city I live in accommodates that. But our nation could really use a high speed rail system like they have in many other countries. Airplanes pollute real bad, and they pollute especially bad when some individuals have private jets. A high speed rail network could make planes last necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

gas

your car up

Vroom vroom!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Unless the train will stop on my way from work and allow me to order 5 McDoubles, followed by the gas station to get lottery tickets... Im out.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Nice and hot piss posted:

Unless the train will stop on my way from work and allow me to order 5 McDoubles, followed by the gas station to get lottery tickets... Im out.

Well my hope is that you would just be able to walk to those places.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023
Of all the dystopian themes in cyberpunk 2077 what jumps out at me about the game world is how walkable the city is. It's a horrible place to live to be sure but they've got really good pedestrian infrastructure.