Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/LakeShowYo/status/1715198724421603494?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

he was mad at Olave for not making an effort to run a route

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Moreau is going to be feeling that pass bounce off his fingertips in his sleep from now o.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

AndrewP posted:

Olave should have run into the bench for the catch there

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not gonna lie that was a pretty entertaing TNF at 2nd half. Jags you need to fix your goddamn poo poo though. Jesus.

12 yards.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is a dumb thing to say but it's honestly true.

The Jaguars feel like an extremely fraudulent 5-2.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Jags binch

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

T Law seems really good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the ravens are a lot better than both of those teams that were out there tonight

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Carr was absolutely justified in chewing Olave out but go off.

He quit on the route which is why Carr already looks pissed off as he’s winding up for the throw.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

T Law seems really good

He swings wildly back and forth between looking like his draft profile and looking like he can’t process nfl plays. He makes incredible plays and then just zeroes in on a guy for multiple plays in a row or throws into absurdly dangerous coverage. His mediocre stats tonight both do and don’t really tell the story of how he played.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kirios posted:

Part of it was the Saints D playing a good game, but yeah. They really shouldn't have let the game get that close

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Highbrow Slick posted:

Carr was absolutely justified in chewing Olave out but go off.

He quit on the route which is why Carr already looks pissed off as he’s winding up for the throw.

and he's basically throwing it to a wide open DB if he actually throws it in bounds

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.

AndrewP posted:

and he's basically throwing it to a wide open DB if he actually throws it in bounds

Yup. I think Carr pretty much gave up on Olave after that throw and was throwing to Taysom and others way more after that. Which worked pretty drat good, good enough to drop one right into Moreau for the tie but alas. I haven’t watched the Saints much before this year but I have never seen Carr publicly chew out a player and dismiss them like he did today. And it should have worked.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Android Apocalypse posted:

Moreau is going to be feeling that pass bounce off his fingertips in his sleep from now o.

That was brutal. Wide open hit in the hands drop. Moreau was obviously going through it after, they kept showing him alternating between head in hands and thousand yard stare on the bench

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Haha gently caress the Saints. They're doomed as a franchise and I'm here for all of it.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Went back and rewatched the play. The Kamara 2PC after Thomas' touchdown, where he and Taysom were both split out to the left (with Jamaal Williams in the backfield) and then Hill boxes out 2 defenders while Kamara catches a wide open ball was loving awesome play design. Shame to burn that on a random rear end midseason loss to the Jags lmao.

Link probably won't work cause of the blocked embed but timestamp 11:25

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJq8LO78XuM&t=685s

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kirios posted:

The Jaguars defense is legit for the most part--- they only have one good pass rusher but are pretty solid beyond that. They were just totally gassed at the end of the game because the offense couldn't sustain a drive in the second half. The offense has all the tools you need to succeed, and Trevor has had a better season than his stats would indicate, but the offensive line is a *massive* limiting factor for the team, they can't keep guys off Trevor so they have to depend way too much on the horizontal game

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The jags offence needs to figure out how to slow down so they don’t gas their defense like that

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

AndrewP posted:

Yea, I'm pretty sure it was this.

I think it's on Olave.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Yep.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Cavauro posted:

the ravens are a lot better than both of those teams that were out there tonight

Are they? How long has it been since a Ravens team scored over 30 points? We haven't done it once this year despite Lamar being one of if not the most accurate downfield passer in the game. Been almost a whole year since it's happened. Over a yr now that I look at it. Pathetic

Do we maybe have potential to be better than these? I could maybe agree to that.

Jacksonville was one of our spectacular blown games last year and I'm not convinced we wouldn't just do that again this year.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 20, 2023

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

MoaM posted:

Yea, I'm pretty sure it was this.

I think it's on Olave.

It's for sure on Olave, he dogged the route pretty bad - Carr was expecting him to be at least ten yards further upfield by the time the ball arrived. No guarantee that the throw would have been inbounds at that point but at least Olave could have made a play for it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

Are they? How long has it been since a Ravens team scored over 30 points? We haven't done it once this year despite Lamar being one of if not the most accurate downfield passer in the game. Been almost a whole year since it's happened. Over a yr now that I look at it. Pathetic

Do we maybe have potential to be better than these? I could maybe agree to that.

Jacksonville was one of our spectacular blown games last year and I'm not convinced we wouldn't just do that again this year.

oh

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
meanwhile, my teams offense hasn't scored more than 19 points this season so far

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Black Sunshine posted:

meanwhile, my teams offense hasn't scored more than 19 points this season so far

They play the Colts, Bears, Giants, Vikings and Broncos. If it keeps up, it won't be for lack of opportunity at least!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kirios posted:

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
the Jags are a fraudulent
five and two

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I know the cap is fake and all but this is very funny.

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1715190009039344028?s=20

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

wandler20 posted:

When was the last time New Orleans had cap space before restructures? I feel like they've been on this path for a decade

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

makes more sense when you have Sean Payton / Drew Brees and you play in a crappy division.

Everyone says the cap is fake, but I think the Saints' actual secret sauce is just hitting on a lot of draft picks to get tons of cheap contributors

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Forrest on Fire posted:

When was the last time New Orleans had cap space before restructures? I feel like they've been on this path for a decade
Sure, but they're at the point where only restructure and extensions will help.
https://twitter.com/mikerenner_/status/1715183347373080747?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

okay. watch them have enough space anyway without anything crazy. and then people will still talk about it this way the next time somebody is 100 million over the cap. go for it. you can go at least 200 million over. just do it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
51mm on QBs and that’s the product eh?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
People keep telling me the cap is fake but looking at the way the Saints play, it feels pretty real.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

MJeff posted:

People keep telling me the cap is fake but looking at the way the Saints play, it feels pretty real.

They were like $80m over the cap last year and signed Carr to a $150m contract.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Amy Pole Her posted:

51mm on QBs and that’s the product eh?

61 if you count Winston’s void year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MJeff posted:

The roster is fine, the problem is that Dennis Allen is a coward, Pete Carmichael sucks, and the offensive line they’ve invested a bunch of money and picks into is injured and also performing like poo poo.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

wandler20 posted:

“Well, I’d like to see ol’ Mickey Loomis wriggle his way out of THIS cap situation!
*Loomis wriggles his way out of the cap situation easily*
Ah! Well. Nevertheless,”

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fartknocker posted:

“Well, I’d like to see ol’ Mickey Loomis wriggle his way out of THIS cap situation!
*Loomis wriggles his way out of the cap situation easily*
Ah! Well. Nevertheless,”
I laughed but I dont think this is what he is saying. I think he is saying "if they wanted to get out of the cap "predicament" the same way other people do, they couldnt. lol".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I heard a cap guy once say they thought the Saints could probably get back to a (relatively) normal cap situation with one painful year of eating their current contracts and not kicking the cans any further down the road.

This year might have been a good year to do that