Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Gotta imagine the Saints are hosed for a few years when Loomis retires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

How is it possible to be over the cap anyways? There’s no enforcement of it? What’s the point then?

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

you can be over the cap you just have to be exceptionally stupid not to figure out the myriad of ways to avoid doing so

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

the Saints are not currently over the cap, but they will be and will have to do poo poo to get under by whenever the required date is

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

How is it possible to be over the cap anyways? There’s no enforcement of it? What’s the point then?

You have to be under by the cap when the new league starts in March. You have to stay under the cap until the end of the season.

Several teams are already over heading into next season but that's fairly normal. They'll cut and restructure and be fine.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Mega64 posted:

Gotta imagine the Saints are hosed for a few years when Loomis retires

They’re hosed anyway as long as the keep trying to pretend that Payton and Brees aren’t gone and they can keep it rolling with pale imitations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

This is the enforcement:

quote:

Teams must remain under the set cap limit throughout the season and are fined upwards of $5 million for each infraction. In more severe cases, draft picks can be confiscated and player contracts can be voided.

During the offseason, teams are given a bit more leeway and larger timeframes to get back under the limit. During the season, the league office is stricter and only allows seven days to reconcile any infractions to the salary cap following trades.

Within those seven days, teams will have to either restructure contracts or cut players to find the necessary funds.

Once a team finds themselves above the salary cap, they are banned from signing any additional players under the requirements. In addition, teams must also spend a set minimum amount or else they must pay the difference directly to the players.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/what-happens-nfl-team-cap-explained

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

61 if you count Winston’s void year.

Hahaha i didn’t even see that. Even. Better.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

https://x.com/nfl/status/1715206166261923875

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfpjBLtv92U

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Carr looks like Will Forte in that thumbnail

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Everybody on the offense just seems unclear about what they’re supposed to be doing and also miserable.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Everybody on the offense just seems unclear about what they’re supposed to be doing and also miserable.

Seems like the OC sucks, many such cases

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The whole offense plays like their quarterback is a dumb, inaccurate rear end in a top hat who is never at fault.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

wandler20 posted:

You have to be under by the cap when the new league starts in March. You have to stay under the cap until the end of the season.
Is there a way to end up with an NFL version of Bobby Bonilla Day?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

The whole offense plays like their quarterback is a dumb, inaccurate rear end in a top hat who is never at fault.

Is that why Kamara has more catches than Olave? Cuz it’s a short throw :lol:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Is that why Kamara has more catches than Olave? Cuz it’s a short throw :lol:

There’s one particular throw where Olave was ungodly open down field for an easy TD and he just checks down for no reason.

Carr is loving garbage.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

There’s one particular throw where Olave was ungodly open down field for an easy TD and he just checks down for no reason.

Carr is loving garbage.

'Why is Olave giving up on routes, its a complete mystery"

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe

The contempt here is palpable.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

Is there a way to end up with an NFL version of Bobby Bonilla Day?

Guaranteed money all hits once the player is gone, so you'd also need Bonilla taking up a roster spot for 35 years.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Diva Cupcake posted:

Sure, but they're at the point where only restructure and extensions will help.
https://twitter.com/mikerenner_/status/1715183347373080747?s=20

Like, there has to be a endpoint for all this? The Saints have to run out of contracts to restructure at some point, right?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's insane Taysom Hill makes as much as he does for like 15% of the snaps at random positions every game.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

solarjetman posted:

The contempt here is palpable.

If JT O'Sullivan has legitimate critiques of your play as a QB, you have a problem.

However, given how Alex Smith underwent a sea change into a really good QB when Harbaugh showed up, and how JT gives Carr the benefit of the doubt on "maybe he was told to read it that way", JT might have underperformed due to the absolutely terrible coaching the Niners had.

Maybe.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/robertmays/status/1716179556791439821

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/SaturdayJeff/status/1586792154390843392

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ravens barely escape with a 5-score win

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the lions loving suck lmao

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lmao lions

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Imagine losing to the 2023 New England Patriots

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lmao Buffalo

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I only have myself to blame for being a Raiders fan. :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Josh McDaniels lost to a D2 UDFA lol. Throw it on the lolpile with Jeff Saturday and Baker fresh off the plane

Also,

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Da... Bears?

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the Bills love to beat good teams then lose to bad teams. they think it's funny

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Bills bad. Maybe they'll limp into the playoffs to get clapped by, like...the Jaguars or Ravens in the Wild Card round.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Some funny results today

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Lions were due for a stinker.

Billy Five Aces wishes he could play the AFCE every week.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Feeling extra vindicated of my "all teams are bad" stance today

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chris James 2 posted:

Feeling extra vindicated of my "all teams are bad" stance today

Niners are good.

Everyone else is different flavors of ooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Refs decided the browns game. Weak.