Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Lmao Detroit
Lmao Las Vegas
Lmao Washington
Lmao Buffalo

Awful snipe, apologies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots are good again.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

never bet on inter-division games

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

refs in the colts/browns game wanted everyone to pay attention to them

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Patriots are good again.

Pats are bad on purpose so that division losses are extra embarrassing

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
PJ Walker just wins games

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Browns becoming one of the most blatant refball teams I've ever seen after giving a rapist a quarter of a billion dollars makes them extremely contemptible, in my opinion.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Browns bailed out by a flag yet again

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
gently caress the browns always and forever

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Uphill battle for the Ravens every year

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Jackson is now 16-1 against the NFC in his career

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

How long has it been since a Ravens team scored over 30 points?

reset the clock

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Feeling extra vindicated of my "all teams are bad" stance today

a horrific day for gamblers

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

a horrific day for gamblers

I knew I shouldn't have taken the Ravens at -33

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The Packers losing to Denver turned out to be the actual rock-bottom moment of the season. I'm just reserving this take in advance, I know the game is in progress.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why? The packers were expected to be bad. This wasn’t unexpected

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Why? The packers were expected to be bad. This wasn’t unexpected

Yeah, but it's the Broncos.

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

Im not sure which of mcdaniels' raiders losing to jeff saturday or tyson bagent is more embarrassing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So can someone fill me in on the whole afc vs nfc skill gap? Why does that seem to be a consensus when all the AFC teams I’ve seen other than Miami and KC look like rear end

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

So can someone fill me in on the whole afc vs nfc skill gap? Why does that seem to be a consensus when all the AFC teams I’ve seen other than Miami and KC look like rear end

NFC QBs are almost all mediocre to bad.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Most of the NFC is also rear end

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

thalweg posted:

Im not sure which of mcdaniels' raiders losing to jeff saturday or tyson bagent is more embarrassing

https://twitter.com/drawplaydave/status/1716186289824031168?s=46

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
NFC QBs are rear end. AFC has some power house rear end QBs like Mahomes/Lamar/Tua.

What does NFC have? Jalen Hurts I guess.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
QB talent feels like it is back at 1999-2004 levels of terrible.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the nfc has never been good

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Shindragon posted:

What does NFC have? Jalen Hurts I guess.

Purdy :colbert:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Can’t throw for 100 yards purdy

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Look i love him but a full season first then we will see

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ravens really need to try to get Davante Adams. We cant roll with Bateman. That garbage time play where Huntley made a perfect throw but Bateman looked like hed never played football before failing to adjust

I feel bad for the guy cause he had potential but its over for him. Get Davante and we might be a SB contender.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

do you feel bad using your powers to target an individual like that kawa? you only did collective punishment before...the kawa i knew wouldnt end a mans career like this

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

do you feel bad using your powers to target an individual like that kawa? you only did collective punishment before...the kawa i knew wouldnt end a mans career like this

Well maybe we could send Bateman with the 2nd and 5th round pick and he'd do better out there

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

QB talent feels like it is back at 1999-2004 levels of terrible.

What are you talking about? Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Stroud, Tua, Herbert, Hurts, Lawrence and are legit dudes. The past 5 years of QB play are the best in the leagues history.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What are you talking about? Mahomes, Allen, Lamar, Stroud, Tua, Herbert, Hurts, Lawrence and are legit dudes. The past 5 years of QB play are the best in the leagues history.

I agree that in terms of talent all these dudes rock, but you could easily make the case that every QB besides Tua hasn't been very good this year. Including Mahomes (!!!), Allen and Burrow (injuries?), who are the top 3 in the League that most people would agree on

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Well maybe we could send Bateman with the 2nd and 5th round pick and he'd do better out there

i think hes still pretty talented but flowers is better and lamar likes obj more than him so he gets kinda forgotten. he didnt stop being talented imo. until you said something

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

I agree that in terms of talent all these dudes rock, but you could easily make the case that every QB besides Tua hasn't been very good this year. Including Mahomes (!!!), Allen and Burrow (injuries?), who are the top 3 in the League that most people would agree on

Even if they're having a weird down year so far all of these guys are definitely still top talent. It wouldn't be like 2000 where you could seriously argue that Jay Fiedler was a top 10 QB in the league

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trigger warning guys wtf don’t bring up Fiedler outta nowhere

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

i think hes still pretty talented but flowers is better and lamar likes obj more than him so he gets kinda forgotten. he didnt stop being talented imo. until you said something

Talented compared to you or me but iffy hands at the best of times and no ability to make tough catches in traffic. You have to try to get Adams.

Adams/Beckham/Flowers/Andrews with Agholor as a 4th option at WR is a legitimate receiving corps.

We need a guy who can draw double coverage and Adams can give us that.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 22, 2023

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Even if they're having a weird down year so far all of these guys are definitely still top talent. It wouldn't be like 2000 where you could seriously argue that Jay Fiedler was a top 10 QB in the league

no, I definitely agree, those dudes are all incredible, it's not like Mahomes suddenly isn't on track to be the best besides Brady anymore or stuff like that. it's just that they all seem to be having a weirldy subpar year for their standards. so far at least

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

Trigger warning guys wtf don’t bring up Fiedler outta nowhere

:ghost: Jay Fiedler :ghost:
:ghost: Ray Lucas :ghost:
:ghost: John Beck :ghost:
:ghost: Cleo Lemon :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow i thought this was a friendly thread but here I stand corrected 😡

Also man Chad p had mediocre stats for a guy who is so favorably remembered by our fanbase