Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Cum, everything else is fake corporate BS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
It's when they extract the flavor directly from the thing, instead of using a chemical reaction to get the exact molecule that our taste bugs associate with that specific flavor.

Chemicals are bad so the natural one just tastes better. The trace amount of other stuff in the natural version really adds to the flavor profile, especially if you really need more cyanide in your diet.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Joe Dirt is a natural flavor, but may leave a bad taste in your mouth

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

So for certain foods, the coloring is from squishing bugs, like I’m fairly sure cranberry juice is colored with squished bugs

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Cassette Moodcore posted:

So for certain foods, the coloring is from squishing bugs, like I’m fairly sure cranberry juice is colored with squished bugs

theres nothing wrong with that. nyc tap water is filled with tiny crustaceans and thats what gives the local bagels their distinct texture and flavor. ironically it also makes the water technically non-kosher, but i'm sure some dreamer amongst the lubavitchers has been concocting an argument for an exception since their discovery.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

How natural is a fisherman's friend?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

numberoneposter posted:

How natural is a fisherman's friend?

Does he look pretty rugged?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Cum's pretty ok. But have you tried ultracum?

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Earwicker posted:

theres nothing wrong with that. nyc tap water is filled with tiny crustaceans and thats what gives the local bagels their distinct texture and flavor. ironically it also makes the water technically non-kosher, but i'm sure some dreamer amongst the lubavitchers has been concocting an argument for an exception since their discovery.

It’s free protein

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

As opposed to colors from abstract sources.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mushed up bees and beehive

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

...learn about the one fact the corporate food industry doesn't want you to know regarding jenkem...

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

maybeadracula posted:

I always assumed "natural ingredients" encompasses anything not made in an atom smasher

Adam Smashers only make pancakes.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
cum from a real dick

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

ya’ll thought i was japing about those beaver butholes. it’s true though. just ask this lady
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nweK6VRM8a8
seems trustworthy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
How are flavors real if our eyes aren’t real?

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

If they made fruit treats in colours that only exist in the fever dreams of a madman, I’d give em a try

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Not sure if I want my fruit chews designed by a guy whose never stared at a three-reel slot on LSD.

naem
May 29, 2011

Earwicker posted:

theres nothing wrong with that. nyc tap water is filled with tiny crustaceans and thats what gives the local bagels their distinct texture and flavor.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

natural flavors are flavors that occur naturally, op, reading comprehension much?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
From what I understand 'natural flavors' is basically the secret sauce for a food item. Like with Coke, the 'natural flavors' in the ingredient list is the secret list and amounts of spices, seasonings etc.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Larry Cum Free posted:

If they made fruit treats in colours that only exist in the fever dreams of a madman, I’d give em a try

The Flavor Out Of Space

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

tango alpha delta posted:

We all eat them. There's very little food that doesn't have "natural flavors" as an ingredient, so what exactly are they?

From the FDA at https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/cfrsearch.cfm?fr=101.22

(3) The term natural flavor or natural flavoring means the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional. Natural flavors include the natural essence or extractives obtained from plants listed in §§ 182.10, 182.20, 182.40, and 182.50 and part 184 of this chapter, and the substances listed in § 172.510 of this chapter.

That covers a LOT of ground so what the hell are we actually eating?

Beaver anal gland excretions also count

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bored posted:

Beaver anal gland excretions also count

Imagine that job back in the day. That no longer exists!

Thanks Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

redshirt posted:

Imagine that job back in the day. That no longer exists!

Thanks Obama.

The castoreum extraction industry is alive and well to this day, my friend. Go make your dreams come true.