Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

asked to use the bathroom

was that cringe all along or secretly correct

Idk I kind of get it but saying "may I use the bathroom" sounds like something a weirdo would say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
my 3rd grade teacher did that and i always thought she was a bitch

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

yeah, can u. the toilet university.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
teachers are dumb, especially mrs. hawkins.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
The only response is to just walk away to the bathroom if the teacher is too stupid to realize you can both not be able to and be allowed to do something at the same time, if you aren't allowed you aren't able to either, so really the question is kafkaesque torture and with the way kids have severe anxiety lately because parents shove cell phones in their faces at the age of 2 I would NOT gently caress around with such a moronic question that purportedly but dramatically fails at teaching neither a life nor grammar lesson

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8nfkK80oN8&t=2s

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i remember the teachers at columbine used to do that

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm a teacher and I always say "not here"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Private Cumshoe posted:

The only response is to just walk away to the bathroom if the teacher is too stupid to realize you can both not be able to and be allowed to do something at the same time, if you aren't allowed you aren't able to either, so really the question is kafkaesque torture and with the way kids have severe anxiety lately because parents shove cell phones in their faces at the age of 2 I would NOT gently caress around with such a moronic question that purportedly but dramatically fails at teaching neither a life nor grammar lesson

You get 500 lines for being a smartass.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023
It's just pedantry.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

It’s cringe

I’m a teacher myself. My greatest successes from remembering what my teachers did when I was a student, then doing the opposite of that.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i respected their authority and pretended to laugh

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I never had a teacher disrespect me like that

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

GolfHole posted:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Imagine not knowing that "can I use the bathroom" is shorthand for "can you give me permission to use the bathroom" like that's some basic poo poo smdh

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i suspect in your case the teachers were genuinely unsure as to whether you were able to successfully aim your excretions, op

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't been in school for decades, so much like my grades, the "prom" or whatever its called, and who was popular or not, I don't think about the teachers and what they may have said at all.

Just seems weird to do so as a grown adult.

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023
"You know, in college they won't let you just get up and go to the bathroom"

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

GolfHole posted:

Must be nice up there in your porcelain tower

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Larry Cum Free posted:

Must be nice up there in your porcelain tower

on the throne, even

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I would just reply "I can" and walk out the room and I'm still a local legend to this day

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
If you ask why I'm in the bathroom I'll tell you straight-up, I'm changing my tampon and trying to take a poo poo.

Occupied! Stop jiggling the door trying to come in and watch!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i haerd all types of crap from those overpaid idiots !!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I would literally just leave when I needed to but I went to an art school for middleschool abd high-school lol

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

GolfHole posted:

It's spelled "P-R-A-G-E-R-U"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Zoeb posted:

"You know, in college they won't let you just get up and go to the bathroom"

Whenever they pulled that poo poo on me I said "my dad worked at NASA in college and everyone was allowed to use the bathroom and calculators"

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
"hell yeah, get his rear end"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I had a math teacher who constantly said "x WHAT? Cats? Cookies? Jars of pickles? Missing pairs of clown shoes??" etc whenever someone said an answer to a math question but didn't specify the objects the number was tethered too

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Did anyone elses teachers say “the project can be in any format….a paper….poster….speech….*big pause* interpretive dance….” then chuckle to themselves like they just made the most hilarious joke ever

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Still never been able to figure out what X divided to the square root of evil really means.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'd ask to use the bathroom PH and the teacher would say "there's no bath in there" and I'd say "well it isn't a restroom because there's no bed".

What do you think of that PH

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
No, I can't. That's what I came to school to learn. BITCH

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Might I?
Couldn't I?
I must!

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I would just pee my pants right there in the classroom then get to spend the afternoon with the school psychologist who had lost his arm in 'nam

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Poohs Packin posted:

I would just pee my pants right there in the classroom then get to spend the afternoon with the school psychologist who had lost his arm in 'nam

ah, the college days

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

We had a teacher who made us say "I need to urinate" or "I need to defacate"

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I will not tolerate silly language or euphemisms in this classroom, diction kids, diction!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Disco Godfather posted:

We had a teacher who made us say "I need to urinate" or "I need to defacate"

which class was it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

pencilhands posted:

Did anyone elses teachers say “the project can be in any format….a paper….poster….speech….*big pause* interpretive dance….” then chuckle to themselves like they just made the most hilarious joke ever

Nope

The first day of my twice a week, 3 hour historiography class I got handed a syllabus that said I had to submit a thesis for a paper that required 20-30 primary sources that I would spend the semester working on by the next class period tho.