Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

rotor posted:

firefox is the least bad browser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

the old chrome looked like poo poo too, hth

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

counterpoint: gmail is the best email interface

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

The YouTube thing is annoying Chrome has been running worse and worse for me no matter what I do so I tried Brave and Vivaldi and it seems to run YouTube fine without ads. One thing I didn't get about Brave is it seemed to really push itself as no ads/trackers/etc. but like the mobile app's default page is a game ad? Seemed a lot less customizable than I was expecting too but fine overall.

On mobile there's NewPipe of course but on desktop stuff like piped.video or whatever is really cool in theory but never quite works right for me.

I had never really read much about Vivaldi but ended up liking it a lot more than I expected so I'll probably be rolling with that.

I see people in this thread mention not liking Chromium but are there even any browsers that are decent besides Firefox that aren't based on Chromium? Like is LibreWolf or whatever any good? I used Firefox when it first dropped but in later years it was always super slow for me and never got better for me no matter what I did which yeah maybe that's a user error on my part but like dang lol

just use firefox dorkus

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i can never really vibe with how mad people get about ui changes, i honestly don’t even really notice them. i guess im a loving idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

just use alfred