Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
:fart:

I've found a few dumb fart-themed things working at a thrift store in the last few months, and I'm easily amused. I posted about them in the PYF Terrible Books thread. One was a book with a sound board (may need to scroll up to see the cover of Farts: A Spotter's Guide). The other was a deck of playing cards, which inspired my recent name change and avatar.

Anyway, I'm going to try and post cards from the deck, roughly once a day (hopefully). I didn't want to put this in PMF because I want other people to be able to post about these funny fart cards.

:fart: (I didn't even realize this was a smilie until I posted it in the bad books thread, but I shouldn't have been surprised that it was)

Fart cards already posted in the bad books thread:

Box and back of cards:

Aces:

Kings:

(the first part there that's covered with a glare says "n: sonorous")

2 of Spades:

:fart:

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 18:43 on Oct 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Why are there not fifty-two farts?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I actually played poker with the fart cards once.

I gambled and lost.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Why are there not fifty-two farts?

The box says there are "two extra farts included" so you can play cards with the deck. I guess "Fifty-two Farts" wasn't snappy enough.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
:fart: of the day: pressure cooker

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 20:08 on Oct 25, 2023

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Fifty Farts posted:

The box says there are "two extra farts included" so you can play cards with the deck. I guess "Fifty-two Farts" wasn't snappy enough.

Because Joker Gas is lethal.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

If the manufacturer wasn't a coward, these would be blank and scratch-n-sniff

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
fart of the day: atomic bomb

Foxfire_ posted:

Agreed, or at least some of them should be.

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Oct 25, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
From the thread title, I was picturing something more like this

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Omg

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Lmao that my dumb fart thread got stickied. Thanks, Rhino. Thrhino.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
Today's daily :fart: is the rump roast.

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Oct 25, 2023

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Foxfire_ posted:

Missed opportunity to call it the Poop Deck with a shuffler called the Turd Cutter

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
fart of the day: the drifter (sorry about the blurry picture)

Tree Bucket posted:

lol at the can of beans.

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 20:10 on Oct 25, 2023

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

I relate to "laughing gas", I remember I ripped rear end on the vinyl floor at my late grandparents house when I was like 11 & the first thing my stoner uncle said was "it's LAUGHING GAS" while wheezing & cracking up. Immediately broke the awkwardness & we were all breathless after like 10 minutes.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I relate to "laughing gas", I remember I ripped rear end on the vinyl floor at my late grandparents house when I was like 11 & the first thing my stoner uncle said was "it's LAUGHING GAS" while wheezing & cracking up. Immediately broke the awkwardness & we were all breathless after like 10 minutes.

One of my older cousins used to pin us younger kids down and tickle us until we either farted or wet our pants because she thought it was hilarious. She wasn't wrong, but I hated being on the receiving end.

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 00:09 on Oct 25, 2023

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Fifty Farts posted:

One of my older cousins used to pin us younger kids down and tickle us until we either farted or wet our pants because she thought it was hilarious. She wasn't wrong, but I hated being on the receiving end.

My bio dad & grandpa would do goofy stuff like that, they always had the "check for bullfrogs" or "barking spider" excuses when they let rip :laffo: how is it that the worst smells can make the most vivid memories?

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

My bio dad & grandpa would do goofy stuff like that, they always had the "check for bullfrogs" or "barking spider" excuses when they let rip :laffo: how is it that the worst smells can make the most vivid memories?

why is barking spider a thing? my dad said that all the time. or ducks.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
Today's random fart card is the death rattle:

DemonDarkhorse posted:

I got "did you see the duck that did that?", too, but not barking spider. My guess is that it's just a dumb euphemism for farts that sounds like a normal-enough thing that someone can say it in "polite" company (or around kids), without saying the word "fart" or "flatulence" or something similar.

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Oct 25, 2023

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
2012 was a simpler time

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...
Rodney Dangerfield used to joke: "Whoa! Did somebody step on a duck?" if somebody farted. Or maybe he said it once in a movie, that was a long time ago. I could look it up right now but

:effort:

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
today's :fart: : turn the other cheek

nullandvoid posted:

Rodney Dangerfield used to joke: "Whoa! Did somebody step on a duck?" if somebody farted. Or maybe he said it once in a movie, that was a long time ago. I could look it up right now but

:effort:

Now that you mention it, that's probably where I got it from. I want to say it was Caddyshack, but it could have been Back to School.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
fart of the day: the smoke screen

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
Today's my birthday so you get two farts:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I just want to say I am amused by these cards.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

fartknocker posted:

I just want to say I am amused by these cards.

Thanks, fartknocker.

"Partially Constricted Sphincter" would be a good username but it's too long for SA.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

DemonDarkhorse posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selenocosmia_crassipes

it lives in a hole and makes noise

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Neat! Of course it's Australian. I actually learned something from this dumb thread, other than a bunch of names for types of farts.

Speaking of which, here's today's fart card:

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Your commitment to fartposting is exemplary.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Tree Bucket posted:

Your commitment to fartposting is exemplary.

Thank you. :) I thought that since somebody was kind enough to sticky the thread, I should probably keep posting fart cards. If I find any more fart-related media at work (like the book I posted about in the bad books thread, linked in the OP), I'll probably post about that, too. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) what comes into a charity thrift store that never makes it out to the actual store. Anything with swear words or naked people is obviously a no-go, so the employees get that stuff for practically nothing (we pay 49 cents if it's something that can't be sold in the store).

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
Adding to the chorus of people appreciating these fart cards. They're like daily affirmations for your colon!

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
For your sake I hope someone brings in a copy of Walter the Farting Dog. Everyone deserves to know Walter and his misadventures.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
Today's random :fart: is the barking spider, only a couple days too late to be relevant to the discussion.

Gertrude Perkins posted:

Adding to the chorus of people appreciating these fart cards. They're like daily affirmations for your colon!

Affartmations.

Fifty Farts has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Oct 31, 2023

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
I'm glad people are enjoying the daily affartmations. Today's is a little early because I have the day off. Here's the butt burp:

Dorm Room Smell is another decent username.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Fifty Farts posted:

Thank you. :) I thought that since somebody was kind enough to sticky the thread, I should probably keep posting fart cards. If I find any more fart-related media at work (like the book I posted about in the bad books thread, linked in the OP), I'll probably post about that, too. You'd be surprised (or maybe not) what comes into a charity thrift store that never makes it out to the actual store. Anything with swear words or naked people is obviously a no-go, so the employees get that stuff for practically nothing (we pay 49 cents if it's something that can't be sold in the store).

:respek: fellow charity shop volunteer. I got a pretty good copy of the Silmarillion that way, and some good houseplants, but elected against taking home the lightly-used strap-on.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Tree Bucket posted:

:respek: fellow charity shop volunteer. I got a pretty good copy of the Silmarillion that way, and some good houseplants, but elected against taking home the lightly-used strap-on.

Employee, actually. but :respek: right back at you. I've gotten some nice framed pictures, a good winter coat, and a Terminator/T2 dvd set so far, along with the more frivolous fart media. This place (a literal charity organization) pays better than my last job (which I had for almost 17 years), with better benefits, more hours, better hours, I don't have to deal with customers (I'm taking in donations that people drop off for most of the day), and I'm by myself for a lot of my shift so I can listen to podcasts while I work. Plus a bunch of the retirees who volunteer like to bake stuff so we have desserts practically every day. My stress levels have gone down so much in the last few months. My cholesterol, probably not so much (our store is also next to a Culver's, which is fast and convenient, so I eat there more than I should). Also, thankfully, I missed the box of sex toys and bondage gear that came in a couple years ago that one of the old lady volunteers took something home from.

But you aren't reading this thread for my life story. I know you want farts, and I'm here to deliver.

Bonus :fart: today! The fart grenade

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
Today's daily fart:

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed
Today's daily affartmation is the malingerer:

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Tree Bucket posted:

This is art. The pulled finger. Good lord.

God help me I would wear this on a tshirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Flint_Paper posted:

This is art. The pulled finger. Good lord.

God help me I would wear this on a tshirt.

Thanks. An artist always appreciates comments like these.