Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

collect apple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

flubber nuts posted:

collect apple

the sidescrolling beat 'em ups taught me the valuable life lesson that eating whatever food you find on the ground is fine

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
when I’m wounded I eat green herbs

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I'm an elf now, OP.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I collect my friends' underwear

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Mass Effect and WoW have both taught me that the more time you invest in something, the more it will disappoint you in the end.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

When I talk to people I keep looking for a positive or negative sign above their heads to guage their mood.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Eve Online legitimately taught me about production and logistics scheduling and procurement

lipid
Feb 21, 2001
When I walk to CVS to acquire items I hear the Super Metroid Brinstar music in my mind.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
My behavior tree is just a sequence node with one child called MentalHealthCrisis() that always returns Running and my blackboard is full of intrusive thoughts.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Any time I get a new tool, I visit my old elementary school and try it out on their walls.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

The proliferation of WWII wargames where plenty of players reliably choose axis sure predicted something.

Heck, the sheer love of WWII wargames period says something about how a certain kind of person prefers to view wars

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Olewithmilk posted:

I always wonder if playing lots of GTA style games has made me better at navigating cities/reading maps.

Whenever I'm driving my car on the highway and see a motorcycle, I make sure to crash into them to send the driver flying

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I learned loads from Eve Online, anyway now I work in Goldman Sachs mineral exploration division as a, uh, community liaison and troubleshooter

It's more shooting than trouble iykwim

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Like in grand theft auto, I like to park dump trucks under waterfalls in real life. If you get the bed of the truck right under the waterfall the physics are really funny, and you can shoot your gun while you flail around like an idiot in the back of the truck.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I tell my kids to behave or India will nuke them

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The entire United States operate on videogame rules, if you steal a strawberry then it is only just that you are shot and killed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Most situations can be resolved by just blasting.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Olewithmilk posted:

I always wonder if playing lots of GTA style games has made me better at navigating cities/reading maps.
HEY NICO LETS GO BOWLING!!!!

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Many jobs have systems parallel to an intricate and time-consuming crafting system that can triple the length of a game. the only really mandatory portion is making a wooden club one time in the tutorial, and then you'll never hear anything about it again if you're otherwise doing great.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I always take the time to find strangers unlocked computers and read every email and then look at exotic used cars online.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

lipid posted:

When I walk to CVS to acquire items I hear the Super Metroid Brinstar music in my mind.

That's actually pretty loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DCyjRy6IOg

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I greet everyone by either trying to sell them these fine leather jackets or by telling them that I mean to kill them all.

It really depends on my mood.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Sometimes when I've been playing GTA for a while I have to manually remind myself to avoid pedestrians while driving irl

Like automatically I'll check for cops but it's an extra step to avoid the folks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
back when I was playing gtao a lot I'd get bogged down in traffic and think, there's a sidewalk RIGHT THERE. It was very disconcerting. Now I think all video games should be banned

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

I always take the time to find strangers unlocked computers and read every email and then look at exotic used cars online.
This is how I found out about the seedy underbelly of the seemingly normal health clinic, and the secret stash of automatic weapons hidden in the ductwork.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Ragequit, delete, and re-install from factory disc is a viable option

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Whenever life seems confusing and directionless I just look around and start using every object I can find on every other object.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I steal and take everything that isn't nailed down and attempt to combine each item through brute force if I can't use any of my items to solve a problem.

Also if I am talking to someone, and the conversation ends, I start the conversation again with my opening line to make sure I exhausted all conversation choices.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

the fishing minigame owns

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

GTA taught me that running around randomly knocking people out with a set of brass knuckles is a hilarious way to spend an afternoon

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Olewithmilk posted:

I was taking driving lessons the first time I played Vice City. Since I'm from one of those places that drives on the left I kept crashing the car in GTA. Years later I found myself driving on the wrong side of the road playing Sleeping Dogs, which is set in Hong Kong - while I was still in GTA driving mode.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

whenever I see a turtle I leap several meters into the air and stomp on it, crushing it. I have yet to be killed by a turtle.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They make fantastic projectiles, too!

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat
Mizard waster

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Started putting points into Inland Empire and Electrochemistry irl.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I can't walk without constantly jumping anymore

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cheating my way through life makes poo poo a whole lot more fun, because rules are horseshit.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
you can buy fire flowers in koopa village and sell them for a profit in toad town, that's like half an mba worth of education right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Well, there's no space fighters yet, but when there is, I'll be the best drat space fighter you've ever seen.