Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
(the promotion will change names on January 13th, so there we are)

ROLL CALL OF CURRENT CHAMPIONS

World Champion: Alex Shelly
As much as I'm a mark for Josh Alexander, I have to say it was the right move for Shelly to keep the title. Considering the upcoming heel challengers (Jonathan Gresham, Moose), he has more fresh match-ups.

World Tag Team Champions: The ABC
The Bullet Club duo of Ace Austin and Chris Bey reclaimed the straps after defeating the Rascalz. You could run it back, what with ex-Rascal Myron Reed possibly signing, but that's just one option.

X Division Champion: Chris Sabin
The other Motor City Machine Gun has gold as well! The now 10-time X Division Champion has no obvious challenger at this moment.

Knockouts World Champion: Trinity
After dispatching Mickie James, Trinity has two challengers to worry about : Deonna Purrazzo (who must win at Turning Point, less she lose the ability to challenge for the title again as long as Trinity is champion) and Jordynne Grace (who Called her Shot for Hard to Kill).

Knockouts World Tag Team Champions: MKUltra
:murder: even when their match doesn't happen on PPV

Digital Media Champion: Tommy Dreamer
:shrug: Probably losing to Crazzy Steve.

Hard to Kill is January 13th, from Las Vegas, at which point the Golduck thread ID will probably only be used for the TV show (when those are warranted).

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will attend hard to kill

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sabin is absolutely gonna option c on shelley

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

STONE COLD 64 posted:

sabin is absolutely gonna option c on shelley

the option c gimmick is a good gimmick and AEW should steal it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

option c is good and i thought the bound for glory series was a great way to give guys something to do during the leadup to the show. they did it correctly most of the way once then threw everything into the trash for jeff hardy.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'd also love to see the Bound for Glory Series come back, ideally in the 2012 format where it made sense. Nobody else in North America is aping the round-robin format!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Announcing a huge company reset and having a lame duck period before the rebrand is very on brand for TNA. Congrats to them for doing it.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
PCO going to continue taking terrifying bumps for The New TNA

Love the guy, but he scares me. Really don't want to see a dude die in the Impact Zone

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Announcing a huge company reset and having a lame duck period before the rebrand is very on brand for TNA. Congrats to them for doing it.

The few months before Hogan came in were good. Remember Desmond Wolfe?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

They slow down every winter season but i guess you would need to follow the product to be aware of that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

J-Ro posted:

They slow down every winter season but i guess you would need to follow the product to be aware of that.

I am not talking about a slow down I am talking about announcing you are rebranding your company... but that you are doing it in a few months which leads to a lame duck period where the company is still just Impact. This is similar to, as mentioned when Hogan came in and also similar to when they got on Spike. The humor, thusly is that their process to going back to TNA is a very TNA process.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

I am not talking about a slow down I am talking about announcing you are rebranding your company... but that you are doing it in a few months which leads to a lame duck period where the company is still just Impact. This is similar to, as mentioned when Hogan came in and also similar to when they got on Spike. The humor, thusly is that their process to going back to TNA is a very TNA process.

It makes me think of that "best of" Nitro before Bischoff and Russo teamed up. Or the WWE episodes that take place between the Draft and the Draft going into effect.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

MassRafTer posted:

The theoretical alternative is them changing the name now and having the holiday down-time be the first thing people experience after the rebrand, which imho would be THE classic TNA way.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

J-Ro posted:

The theoretical alternative is them changing the name now and having the holiday down-time be the first thing people experience after the rebrand, which imho would be THE classic TNA way.

They could just announce the change in January. Or in the lead up to Bound for Glory their biggest event of the year. They decide when they change the name. It's not forced on them.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
You have to remember, they're taping almost everything for the rest of the year this week in the UK. It's been discussed that Skyway Studios (the editing center for the promotion) is undergoing upgrades in November/December, which is why after this week there are only going to be two live shows until Hard to Kill.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah it makes sense given the production upgrades

Also TNA has notoriously been Hard To Kill, so the branding is perfect for the return

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you're able to watch tonight and missed the PPV, they'll be re-airing the full Speedball/Ospreay match

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Chris James 2 posted:

If you're able to watch tonight and missed the PPV, they'll be re-airing the full Speedball/Ospreay match

:wrong: It's Shelly/Alexander they're re-airing in full - Speedball/Ospreay will only have highlights.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/drainbamager/status/1717884707919319404?s=46

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Is the Alexander Ospreay match airing next week?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

apophenium posted:

Is the Alexander Ospreay match airing next week?

I think it'll be in 2 weeks

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

new belts with new designs are being made for the relaunch, some may be unified early in the year. im guessing digital media title isn't long for this world.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alex Shelley pulled a calf muscle during the Glasgow taping. Should be cleared by Hard To Kill, but still lovely luck

Also Heath's contract expired

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Also Heath's contract expired

the prophecy...will soon be fulfilled

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

new belts with new designs are being made for the relaunch, some may be unified early in the year. im guessing digital media title isn't long for this world.

They will bring back the Legends title.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

They will bring back the Legends title.

that would be the most tna move

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/impactwrestling/status/1718339746982670509?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Huge signing for TNA. Can best describe him as the British Nick Wayne. He’s the one who goes viral every few months for that Swanton 450 he does as a finish

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

He'll be X-Division champ within a year imo

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Just get all the good BritWres talent in TNA. Sunshine Machine for tag champs.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bring back the World X Cup, they've got plenty of international talent.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
These UK cameras are doing no favo(u)rs.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

are they recording at 50fps?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

STONE COLD 64 posted:

are they recording at 50fps?

I don't know - maybe it's because I'm watching on a 4K TV.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1720625293923090601

(Grace wrestled Dani Luna at Turning Point)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Come back, Allie.

Come back, Allie’s sister.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Edward Mass posted:

Come back, Allie.

now spell carp for brains

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:swoon:

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1722815089512677814

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Edward Mass posted:

Come back, Allie.

To this day, every single time I stumble upon a pair of pretty much anything, in my head I say "Ohhh... there's TWO of them!"

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Can't believe tickets are only $20 for this. Pretty tiny venue as well so that's a hell of a value if only for this match alone - snapped mine up right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
They're finally airing the Josh Alexander/Will Ospreay match next Thursday, so set your DVRs.