Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If I go in for an annual check up this week and my insurance ends next week because I'm leaving my job, what will and what won't the insurance company provide coverage for?

For instance, the place where I get my annual check up doesn't have on site blood testing. So when the results for the blood work come back in 2-3 weeks, would this have been covered under insurance since the tests were started during a period when I was covered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Usually the date of service is the thing that matters, which would be when the blood was drawn, I think. Don't trust this if being wrong would be catastrophic for you

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
It's covered by the insurance you had when you went to do the blood work
Edit to be clear: everything will be covered

Source: my wife does utilization management (claims and denials) for an insurance company.

Also just a good thing to know: if insurance tried to deny this (or anything really) you can appeal it. You can always appeal, no matter what they say, and like 75% of appeals end in favor of the patient

cinnamon rollout fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 24, 2023

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Date of service is what matters but if you're not a current customer that's even less incentive for them to play ball in terms of just normal insurance bs

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

The above information is correct except for instances wherein a medical device is being dispensed to you, in which case the date of dispensing also factors in.

eg: Orthotics, knee brace, CPAP machine, etc.

Your blood test would not fall under this requirement and the date of service is what matters exclusively.