Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Up by 7 after 3 but morally it feels like they're down 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

NAZ REID

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
gently caress, we're up 20. Doomed, I tell you.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The rare buzzer-beater dunk!

(If the Wolves give up 80 in the second half or whatever the gently caress I'm going to petition the league to contract this franchise).

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
A healthy Wolves squad matches up really well with Denver specifically. Not necessarily anybody else.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Pressing the Wolves is a good idea, defensively - they've become a half court team in a big way.

But they have failed to account for NAZ REID.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
https://x.com/Patrick_Fenelon/status/1721701639889801605?s=20

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Kyle's been playing like poo poo tonight.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
How the gently caress was that reversed?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Are the Celtics fans ITT going to stop preposterously claiming the refs are against them now?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

nachos posted:

Heat culture has apparently expanded to include a 4th quarter meltdown in every game

Need to make the text on the in-season tournament court longer.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Lockback posted:

It'd be nice if Gobert shot a bit better than 25% from the line this game

Not going to complain too much when his defense is one of the main reasons we're up.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Absolute dogshit game from SlowMo.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

fart simpson posted:

refs got their close game they wanted

If you mean by ensuring that the Timberwolves' two best offensive players would miss a substantial amount of time due to foul trouble, I agree.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Why Anderson is in over Naz is a mystery to me.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The Wolves thus far are what Thibs wanted them to be five years ago. Clogged toilet offense that gets by on individual talent, backed by elite defense.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Fun fact: Velociraptors were like 2ft tall and Jurassic Park is the only reason people think they were badass

Toronto Deinonychuses just doesn’t have the same ring to it though

Utah Raptors would have been fine, though. The right size, too. Never made sense for them too keep the Jazz name anyway.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The fact that Wemby circus shot also killed Wolves -7.5 marks perhaps the most hilarious bad beat of the year thus far.

Also, it turns out KAT hasn't forgotten how to shoot after all. Who knew?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
lmao the clippers

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
I wish Rudy would be the one to take the plunge and shoot free throws granny style like everyone should. He'd be the one player who could do it without making people respect him less. He's already such a weird player.

Meanwhile, ANT!

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

rjmccall posted:

This is a bad matchup for the Dubs, but they also just look totally listless

They're on a back-to-back, and their best players are all in their thirties. Also, the Wolves are good (not "on the rise" or "could be spooky" good, but actually good) for the first time in almost 20 years.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Hokay, previous Wolves teams would be 100% guaranteed to lose this game the moment Steph was announced to be out. Let's hopefully get this done with enough room to spare to handle the back-to-back.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
The Warriors' ring announcer sounds like Rick Sanchez doing a Cookie Monster impression.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Bye, Draymond.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Jaden should not have been ejected, if you ask me. I think Klay's conduct was just a regular technical.

Definitely eject Draymond, though.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
KAT is the only reason the Wolves are even in this game, much less up one right now.

Hilariously, he's probably been the highest IQ player on the court for Minnesota.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

DeimosRising posted:

Gobert is really bad at catching the ball one handed and that is a huge limiter on his offense

He really is a bizarre player. He's a great rim protector in a very standard "great rim protector" sort of way, but his offensive strengths are so weirdly bespoke and specific. He absolutely does not have a huge bag of post moves.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Both teams trying their level best to lose this game, but Karl wouldn't let us.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

DeimosRising posted:

That block on saric was huge. But if he could reliably catch entry passes one handed he could do a lot more to create space for other guys even if he didn’t have a lot of moves

He's good at lobs and screens - so good at them that, on the aggregate, he still gives you something on offense in a nontraditional way. But it absolutely isn't attractive.

Anyway, the important thing is, Jaden with the 1000-IQ strategy to stay rested for the Suns tomorrow night.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Never a doubt, bay-beee!

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Ghost Dog posted:

mike breen is talking about how he almost died walking in minnesota one time

When I was a student at the U of M I was walking from Sanford Hall back to Dinkytown with a Coke Zero in my hand. My drink froze solid in like 10 minutes.

That being said, I'll take it over 102 in the shade any day. At least there are answers other than "accept you'll sweat, wear something light with long sleeves so you don't get burned." (I'm taking no chances with my unmelinated rear end).

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Yes. That is its actual, official name.

Nobody knows why.

If you're ever in Minneapolis, swing by Al's for breakfast. Fourteen stool dive the size of a shoebox, the staff are the only rude people in Minnesota, and you won't get better Eggs Benedict anywhere.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Play-in court looks alright as far as play-in courts go.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

maruhkati posted:

Play-in court looks alright as far as play-in courts go.

Never play on this court again.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
How the gently caress is this a two-possession game when the Kings made like 15 threes on 66% shooting?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Offense is like Josh Giddey's girlfriend tonight - can't buy a shot.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
No matter how long he's been in the league, the name "Luguentz Dort" will never not look like the name of a spell from a Zork game to me.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
"Win or go home to play all the subsequent games in your regular season schedule."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
Naz Reid LeBron James