Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Khamenei in the UN holding up a vial filled with hamburger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Loving LALD's burger that looks almost as messed up as the AI burger where parts just fade out of existence

The Voice of Labor posted:

gonna have to disagree. I believe that when subject to actual pressure the libs will turn on themselves first because it would be an easier, faster and more effective way to continue to cause harm to people

Turning on the barely existant American left seems like it would take about half a news cycle at max, so it's possible it happens as sort of a warm up first, but it's almost pointless.

Weka
May 5, 2019

America's mayor

Weka
May 5, 2019

Used to be a Krusty Krab in Ramallah, it closed in 2019. Turns out America's heroes would rather be in Palestine.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weka
May 5, 2019

I welcome the draft. I have always wanted to drive a tank and it would probably be even more fun if you were trying to put it on it's roof.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Sure, if you want to eat rear end burritos. Anyway I had a question about this post from the forbidden thread

Blarghalt posted:

Much like how in its death throes the Confederacy's spirit found a new host in the Republican Party, so did Hitler's damned soul float around for a few years before inhabiting the IDF

I thought that was more the Democrats.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Also

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weka
May 5, 2019

Weka
May 5, 2019

I hate you for your freedoms.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Reported for antisemitism. Pigs AND a octopus head guy?!?!!!

Weka
May 5, 2019

elder gods control capital I yell as the fishmen drag me to the caves of screaming liberal decorum

Lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

Weka
May 5, 2019

not according to life, but I'm glad you believe in me

May the spirit of the burger shine its blessings upon you

Weka
May 5, 2019

I love the lemon action, like a gangster in an old movie pushing the gun forward when they shoot

Weka
May 5, 2019

Ohtori Akio posted:

does offal really have to be insanely wet

Why would you want dry offal instead of that nice fresh sopping stuff?

Weka
May 5, 2019

The unofficial burgerposting thread: something offal

Hatebag posted:

pigs' feet and veal snout is almost certainly better than the stuff that goes into hotdogs and processed meat like the connective tissues, hosed out hog skulls, boiled bones, etc. my wife had some of that stuff in italy and she said it was great. I'd chow down on a bunch of lemony boiled meat bits, big deal!

Lol American food sounds like it's just the worst in every possible way.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Hatebag posted:

hotdogs and cheap processed meats are made that way everywhere. they take all the scraps and plop em in a tube with salt. hell, even 'O pere e 'o musso supposedly started out as nobles throwing away old scraps of meat before evolving into the soaking wet lemon cart we all know and love

Where I live we have standards that get enforced. Sausages, including hotdogs, have to be >50% actual meat and any offal content must be labeled. I have never seen a sausage of any kind labeled as containing offal.

Food Standards Australia New Zealand posted:

Standard 2.2.1 Meat and meat products

meat flesh means meat that consists of skeletal muscle and any attached: animal rind; or fat; or connective tissue; or nerve; or blood; or blood vessels;
A food that is sold as sausage must be sausage and: (a) contain no less than 500 g/kg of fat free meat flesh;
For the labelling provisions: (a) brain, heart, kidney, liver, tongue or tripe must be identified as: (i) offal; or (ii) by the specific name of the type of offal; and (b) any other type of offal must be identified by the specific name of the type of offal.

Weka
May 5, 2019

Yeah, the hamburger about to be eaten by the man of steel (ghost of stalin)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

Hatebag posted:

even your standard there defines meat to include connective tissues, blood vessels, and nerves.

I know this is slightly outside the remit of burger posting but it serves to throw the burg into sharper focus.
You can't just throw that stuff in, it's attached to muscle only. There's a weird thing they do here where you have to obey the spirit of the law.
I think aside from all that though, because there's an ok minimum wage, these sorts of both labour intensive or heavily automated processes aren't as economically viable. That crab machine is probably slower than a skilled meat worker but it allows the company to employ unskilled labour which they can easily replace.

Xaris posted:

hydroelectric really doesn't count because it's not consumed or contaminated. it's impounded by a dam and released through penstocks to the turbines into a natural river channel. often times they'll have sluice gates releasing water non-hydro just to keep water levels within a certain threshold.

The graph doesn't include hydro. It says thermoelectric, so fossil fuels and I guess nuclear.