Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

You may have noticed due to the panicked screams everywhere and the fact that you almost lost consciousness due to the shock, but BYOB is HAUNTED this season and looks slighty different!

Thanks to the hard and amazing work of Code Jockey and Something Awful's amazing technical admin astral we can celebrate this spooky and haunted halloween season with our own, customized stylesheet!
It will only stay for a limited time for halloween - so we are only talking about a few days here -, we tested it a lot and hope that there won't be any major issues, but please tell us, if you find something terrible! Please note that if you use SALR, you might encounter some weird things, we tried to fix everything as best as possible, but feel free to tell us about anything you find, so we can make a list of what to keep an eye on!

As always, if you are at work and cannot have a visually busy stylesheet, if you have the byob stylesheet blocked in general and now see yourself having it unblocked again or just don't like this and rather have BYOB be a grey forum for a few days until we revert everything, please check out our post in CCCC regarding this, with a simple instruction on how to block the CSS!

I hope you don't mind the little surprise, it is the first time we managed to do this and had to do a lot of tweaking to make this happen, but I do hope that in the future we can have some special seasonal stylesheets occasionally.

Happy Halloween, yobbers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh goodness, this is gorgeous! I love it!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Goons Are Gifts

:buddy:
All credits go to CJ!

I really hope people enjoy it, I know we threw it onto you guys by surprise and it might not be for everyone, that's totally okay! We love to hear your feedback about the theme, the idea of changing the stylesheet for a limited, seasonal time in general and other thoughts you might have!

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
oh this rules, thanks Code Jockey & all the devs!

crimes

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

I'm very much in support of this kinda thing. I even disabled stylus to fully appreciate it. Good work.

I'm willing to help if ever needed or even test ones if it helps. I dunno how helpful I'd be, but I do love this and would be shocked if anyone didn't.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Color Scheme = Halloween Stand

Scuba Trooper

its spooky as hell in here!!!!

Scuba Trooper

omg i just saw the cat

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

this rules but could we make the orange and red backgrounds a little darker? it's really difficult for me to read white on these colors

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

very cool! weird, though, is that it reverts to "normal" byob colors once you've read a thread (i only see the orange and red on "new" posts), but with white text still

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Zoya

for reference:

(my post is "new", sk's is "read", so his has reverted)

(white text, normal byob colors)

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Zoya posted:

for reference:

(my post is "new", sk's is "read", so his has reverted)

(white text, normal byob colors)

I don't have that. Your browser cache may be messed up. Try hitting CTRL+F5 twice. That generally forces a browser to reload every cached file and will probably fix the issue.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Zoya posted:

very cool! weird, though, is that it reverts to "normal" byob colors once you've read a thread (i only see the orange and red on "new" posts), but with white text still

I have the same issue, and clearing my browser cache does not fix the issue.

e: Nevermind - I decided the colors are too garish and hard on my eyes, and the white text is difficult to read, so I blocked the Halloween css with my ad blocker. I like the black hammock cat and the Halloween background, though. Something closer to the Haunted Clubhouse stylesheet might be better.

Barking Gecko fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 27, 2023

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
i love it!

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya

Saoshyant posted:

I don't have that. Your browser cache may be messed up. Try hitting CTRL+F5 twice. That generally forces a browser to reload every cached file and will probably fix the issue.

yeah cache didn't fix it, dunno

the stylesheet is temporary enough and the unread colors are cool enough that i'll just deal with it as is until its time to return to normal tbh