Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yes, but the entirety of the millennial generations are being forced into pathetic circumstances because the boomers specifically set them up to fail, so you need not think of it as a personal shortcoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

popeye did alright i guess and he was livin in a garbage can

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

fellas, is it gay to survive into your late 30s?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

shirunei posted:

Typically even people who live with their parents have better posts, so I wouldn't fret too much about that.

:drat:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
If you keep it clean, have the option to hide the bed away, and have a decent little kitchen setup, it's fine. Convenient, even. Need to walk from one room to another? Oh ho, au contraire mon ami, got that problem solved, whole apartment's in the same room. Hallway-havers hate this one little trick.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If you've got a few good friends in the apartment building, including the neighbor across the hall,
who's a real oddball. You hang out in your living room, and have breakfast at a nearby diner.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My house is way to big for me but I got super lucky early in my life. Now that my job sucks I'm glad I did because I pay 1k a month on a mortgage.

If I could sell it and get a smaller place I would but that sounds like a nightmare

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If you're in your 30s and have any kind of stable housing but you haven't mastered the blade what are you even doing with your life.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

syntaxfunction posted:

If you're in your 30s and have any kind of stable housing but you haven't mastered the blade what are you even doing with your life.

It's funny how goons make fun of my lifestyle when by pretty much every marker of social and financial success and security as an adult I'm doing better than most, like, not limited to goons, like, American society in general.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

It's funny how goons make fun of my lifestyle when by pretty much every marker of social and financial success and security as an adult I'm doing better than most, like, not limited to goons, like, American society in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9O94UTDAJQ

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Three Olives posted:

You were born into and married money, you're literally the problem lmao

Edit: "Oh wow I'm doing so well in life when daddy set me up with his country club" like lol can you even handle actual life without people bailing you out

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think they make fun of you cause you rub it in constantly, like you just did in that post.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

OH MAH GAWD

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

I think they make fun of you cause you rub it in constantly, like you just did in that post.

The NYT runs an article like every week on how lonely men are and how they can't make friends and how that is an American crisis, this isn't about touchscreen toasters, it's about feeling pathetic in a studio apartment in your 30s.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Three Olives posted:

The NYT runs an article like every week on how lonely men are and how they can't make friends and how that is an American crisis, this isn't about touchscreen toasters.

You made a post about how much better than people you're doing because you were born into money and now you're trying to pretend you give a poo poo about anyone else but yourself that's pretty impressive.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Do you have enough room for your stuff? If no then get more room.
If you have way too much room for your stuff, everything is fine, get more stuff.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I lived in a ~300sqft studio but now I own a home, it could happen to you.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

pre:
p e n c i l h a n d s
e         o   p     t
n         v   a     u
c         e   r     d
i         l   t     i
l o v e l y   m     o
h             e
a p a r t m e n t
n             t
d
s t u d i o

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

3 olives has to be a troll. There is no way that is serious.

I apologize for not realizing this sooner and responding occasionally.

But where did he get those hideous pictures of his neon blue led kitchen lighting flashing off his grandma's curios and collectibles fit for an estate sale?

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 27, 2023

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

MrQwerty posted:

OH MAH GAWD

A studio apartment, King! Like a scalded dog! Like a government mule!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Wendigee posted:

I genuinely think 3O is real. Just an extremely sad man tbh. Otherwise they're the most genuine cry-for-help troll in a while.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Wendigee posted:

But where did he get those hideous pictures of his neon blue led kitchen lighting flashing off his grandma's curios and collectibles fit for an estate sale?

syntaxfunction posted:

I genuinely think 3O is real. Just an extremely sad man tbh. Otherwise they're the most genuine cry-for-help troll in a while.

Lol it's like 3O is a GBS Halloween monster

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I guess money truly doesn't buy happiness... it just buys the thought that you won't die for lack of medical aid or food or housing.

If only everyone had that.. maybe people could pay for that along with the country club membership? What a nightmare.

So you get so bored you still post on the something awful forums in-between making dinner a couple times a week that is exactly what he and his husband love the best. Lol. It's unreal man. Took me too long to add it up but he's maybe the most successful troll of all time that wasn't problematic in really gross ways.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Not if you get one of those cool racecar beds OP

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

It's Gogeta, OP

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
If you fart in your studio apartment you have nowhere else to go when you fart, shameful

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

syntaxfunction posted:

There's nothing sad about getting into your exhibitionist proprietary appliance fetish it's actually kind of wholesome if it weren't so dull, the other poo poo is just him being an rear end in a top hat

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

he's just a poo poo person

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

maintaining a house and yard, especially by yourself while also working full time, sucks so much. it would definitely be a higher quality of life to rent and make that poo poo someone else’s problem, but buying your own place does save money in the long run if you can put up with the work and save enough for the upfront cost

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
careful with the plumbing in that bad boy, you might knock the whole block offline if it backs up

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Bragging about your wealth is gauche as gently caress. You might as well be one of those dudes that takes selfies with other peoples' lambos.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

*if you have financed the lambo it still counts as someone else's lambo

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
:hmmyes:

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Das Boo posted:

Bragging about your wealth is gauche as gently caress. You might as well be one of those dudes that takes selfies with other peoples' lambos.

I find it inspirational, actually. Sorry you are mad.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Just lol if you're saving up for retirement and not going to be dead by 50.

*Old rear end bitch!

*please remember this burn when you're retired and I'm long dust

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was looking at studio apartments a long time ago in the North End of Boston, and I check out this dump, look around,
and ask: Where's the bathroom?

And the mgmt guy goes, "Oh, there's a shared bathroom outside down the hall. We call that The North End Style".

No thanks!

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
you looking for somewhere to crash dude?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
Yes, it is pathetic to live

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

The Top G posted:

I find it inspirational, actually. Sorry you are mad.

I'm not mad that you poop with the door open, but I am secure in my quiet disgust of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pac and Cheese posted:

you looking for somewhere to crash dude?

I'm good now, thanks. I found a roommate out on in JP at a pretty nice place. Nice room too. Ended badly though, alas.