Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Three Olives posted:

It's funny how goons make fun of my lifestyle when by pretty much every marker of social and financial success and security as an adult I'm doing better than most, like, not limited to goons, like, American society in general.

Can it buy class yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Marylebone, London is full of loving teslas. Class is dead

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Three Olives posted:

It's funny how goons make fun of my lifestyle when by pretty much every marker of social and financial success and security as an adult I'm doing better than most, like, not limited to goons, like, American society in general.

why do you need to constantly remind yourself of this

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i live in a co-operative and it's badass

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

A reminder that 3O lives in a cum brick house

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m normally at worst indifferent to pencilhands but this thread loving sucks op.

Voted 1.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

I’m normally at worst indifferent to pencilhands but this thread loving sucks op.

Voted 1.

he voted his own thread a 3.........

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Lmao. Even he himself knows he sucks

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

maintaining a house and yard, especially by yourself while also working full time, sucks so much. it would definitely be a higher quality of life to rent and make that poo poo someone else’s problem, but buying your own place does save money in the long run if you can put up with the work and save enough for the upfront cost
I got a house with a small yard in purpose for this reason. I also replaced a lot of grass with low-growing plants or fun flowers and I only had to mow twice this year.

I grew up with divorced parents with joint custody and big yards. I mowed so much lawn as a teenager. gently caress that poo poo.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I was trying to hit the topic list button and my finger missed

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I proposed moving the ratings to the middle of the bar but it fell on deaf ears.

Imagine how many threads are unfairly rated due to fat thumbin'

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

pencilhands posted:

I was trying to hit the topic list button and my finger missed

How can one with pencilhands have fat fingers????

I think this guys a loving fraud

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Saalkin posted:

How can one with pencilhands have fat fingers????

I think this guys a loving fraud

ive been very open consistently that im clinically obese and have a medically diagnosed micropenis

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

pencilhands posted:

ive been very open consistently that im clinically obese and have a medically diagnosed micropenis

Thanks you for your honesty

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Also leaves opiate shits for retail workers to deal with, don't forget that! :D

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

redshirt posted:

I'm good now, thanks. I found a roommate out on in JP at a pretty nice place. Nice room too. Ended badly though, alas.

Wife and I are looking to move up to Boston to rent in a few years cuz we figure rent's not much worse than where we're at now, and that's p much "the dream."

Owned a home once before, previous marriage, bought for $240k, sold it prior to the divorce, now it's worth more than twice what I paid and it's not even worth more than $300k imo so gently caress real estate thanks for coming to my ted talk

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Only of you're up in that studio going on and on about Marx and capitalism and poo poo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ElectricSheep posted:

Wife and I are looking to move up to Boston to rent in a few years cuz we figure rent's not much worse than where we're at now, and that's p much "the dream."

Owned a home once before, previous marriage, bought for $240k, sold it prior to the divorce, now it's worth more than twice what I paid and it's not even worth more than $300k imo so gently caress real estate thanks for coming to my ted talk

I'm sure its expensive everywhere, but if you have to work in the city, explore areas at the end of Subway lines or on the Commuter Rail lines. You might be able to find a somewhat affordable place outside the city but with decent access to public transportation into downtown.

Good luck, hope you like Boston!

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

no, why would it be?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
With the cost of housing anymore, especially where I am (southern California) I would never judge someone for living in a studio. I was able to buy a house 5 years ago because my income was in the low enough range where I qualified for a first time homebuyer HFA loan and could also afford the mortgage. I feel like that's not a very big range so I was fortunate. But keeping up a 3 bedroom house by myself hasn't been going so great, there's work that needs to be done that I keep putting off because it's a pain in the rear end having people over with my dogs that freak out. I'm not a diy person so I need to hire people to do it. The only things I've really changed was I took down the hideous bamboo blinds and put up curtains and I painted a pretty big portion of the house but I did a horrible job with it. Hence the reluctance to do diy.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

gently caress capitalism kill your landlord be gay etc

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's never pathetic to live, OP.

Life is the most precious gift of all.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I bought my house in 2019 and for one short, shining moment at the peak of the boom I was a half a millionaire.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Pathetic to live in a studio, no

Pathetic to live in a studio with room mates, maybe

Pathetic to live in a studio with two cats, no but pretty hosed up

(The one studio I lived in the previous tenant had two cats, that's not enough space)

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
I think if my 48 year old older brother never got married he would still be living in studios

Instead he lives in cheap Thai Airbnbs with his Laotian wife.

They do ok

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I am about to move into a converted trailer. And just use the trailer part as storage. Why don't normal cupboards have that lock thing?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

lol

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
I want to hear more from Three Olives about how he is so successful for having life handed to him on a silver platter by daddy.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I want to hear more from Three Olives about how he is so successful for having life handed to him on a silver platter by daddy.

Where does he live again? New Mexico, or maybe Arizona? Or is it New York? some where where anyone would care? Tune in next time!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

I currently receive zero financial assistance from my father and work at a company that he has zero connection to and had no influence in my getting the job.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im blessed that i have a nice vintage studio (building is like 100 year old lol) that's been nicely updated. my kitchen is a "galley kitchen" off of the main space. its actually really nice to cook in.

also living above a thai restaurant and taco shop has its benefits.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Three Olives posted:

I currently receive zero financial assistance from my father and work at a company that he has zero connection to and had no influence in my getting the job.
Where'd you work before that?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Slugworth posted:

Where'd you work before that?

A place that my current employer decided displayed enough relevant experience to offer me a job even though it was in a completely different field and years of nothing but excellent performance reviews and multiple promotions.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

he's just a poo poo person

Been hearing this lately yeah.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I'm still confused about where 3 Olives lives?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I'm still confused about where 3 Olives lives?

In his money bin.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Szyznyk posted:

In his money bin.

since he is not a cartoon. He died while doing a cannonball into his money

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
he lives in a condo tower so he can phyiscally look down on the poors