Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Three Olives posted:

I currently receive zero financial assistance from my father and work at a company that he has zero connection to and had no influence in my getting the job.

It's kind of cute you think that despite constantly reminding everyone of your country club life growing up and the money you get thrown at you by daddy that you're self made. Real strong "small loan of a million dollars from my father" energy lol

Honestly the worst part is when you try and pretend you're "of the people" and whenever you try and relate to folks you end up saying something that just exemplifies how our of touch you are.

As far as a gimmick or meme goes you're right up there with Wizard Master and Pencilhands, but I as a person I think you lack basic skills and social empathy to actually count as one. But hey, your schtick works I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm always gonna be living in an apartment I think.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Violet_Sky posted:

I'm always gonna be living in an apartment I think.

check out this house down the street from me lol

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/1259-Lincoln-Ave-92103/home/6421068

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

That was a thing that happened in the !970s

yeah that's why it has kickass music

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Owning a condo is way less cool than owning a house or renting a studio apartment. They both have a dignity that a condo totally lacks.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

You can own an ancestral condo that you pass down through the generations. It's just like owning a fancy chair or painting. Except like antique roadshows doesn't do property, or do they?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I'd buy my studio apartment if I could. Great walkable/bikeable neighborhood, nice cozy layout. Only a few other neighbors on my floor and its upstairs in a 2 story building so nothing above me.

4 years so far and its home. :feelsgood:

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

yes its pathetic to have somewhere to live

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

Owning a condo is way less cool than owning a house or renting a studio apartment. They both have a dignity that a condo totally lacks.

Condo had a amenities, better view, better security and valet and porter services. But I moved into a house years ago with my now husband, where I park my own car and bring my own groceries in. Well, grocery delivery leaves them outside my front door but the porter left them in my kitchen.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

pencilhands posted:

It seems like youre “supposed” to have a house of some sort by my age but everyone I know who has one constantly bitches about how it takes up all of their time and money

Yes, op. Apartments are for college students.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Lynndie England did an interview where she was saying it was crazy to spend a million dollars on an apartment when she could buy a whole house that was located in a park.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Right now I prefer apartments because a house is a lot of space to deal with that I don't need or want and also means you gotta usually have backyards and also neighbours. And also it usually means you're in the suburbs here and lmao I am not dealing with motherfuckers who like the suburbs here.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Three Olives posted:

Condo had a amenities, better view, better security and valet and porter services. But I moved into a house years ago with my now husband, where I park my own car and bring my own groceries in. Well, grocery delivery leaves them outside my front door but the porter left them in my kitchen.

i cant tell if this account is a gimmick

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

3O gettin' called out by PencilMaster themselves. truly an age.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Three Olives posted:

yeah condos are great for going down and sharing a pool with a divorced guy who talks to you too much

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Caesar Saladin posted:

yeah condos are great for going down and sharing a pool with a divorced guy who talks to you too much

Never had a bad experience at my condo pool:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Might have some swimming traffic jams at that bottleneck.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lmao what a loving insecure weirdo

turn on your monitor, etc.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Three Olives not post images out of insecurity challenge go lmao

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

syntaxfunction posted:

Three Olives just living vs a bunch of weird projection about Three Olives…

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

It's only pathetic to kiss and tell OP

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

syntaxfunction posted:

(impossible)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

If it's a space where you feel comfortable and where your needs are met then it's not pathetic.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

syntaxfunction posted:

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Three Olives posted:

I currently receive zero financial assistance from my father and work at a company that he has zero connection to and had no influence in my getting the job.

I mean, this isn't AS pathetic as, 'my dad gave me a small loan of a million dollars', but it's also pretty much the script that every rich kid gives.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

pencilhands posted:

:lmao:

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

pencilhands posted:

Help wanted: projectionist

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The richest guy I ever knew drunkenly shot a handgun off next to my head, so if you're rich I immediately associate you with that idiot.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

waiting to find out who he is going to pm his paystub to while probed

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mostly occupied different forums spaces than 3O until recently. They’ve always been this much of an insecure dick?

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Its more pathetic for someone to care enough to think you’re pathetic for it

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

QuarkJets posted:

If it's a space where you feel comfortable and where your needs are met then it's not pathetic.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

I agree with this.

Anecdotally, my friends in humbler apartments (whether rented or owned) generally seem way less dissatisfied with their accommodation situations than my friends/family with larger homes who always seem on edge about how they need a renovation done, an extension, or a new home altogether.

I don’t mean this is a twee “actually it’s the rich that are unhappier and more pathetic than the poor!” way. It’s probably more about, once you have a big/nice home, all of a sudden the place you live in becomes a much more salient part of your identity, so even minor gripes become PROBLEMS that are interfering with your life and who you are.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Halisnacks posted:

I agree with this.

Anecdotally, my friends in humbler apartments (whether rented or owned) generally seem way less dissatisfied with their accommodation situations than my friends/family with larger homes who always seem on edge about how they need a renovation done, an extension, or a new home altogether.

I don’t mean this is a twee “actually it’s the rich that are unhappier and more pathetic than the poor!” way. It’s probably more about, once you have a big/nice home, all of a sudden the place you live in becomes a much more salient part of your identity, so even minor gripes become PROBLEMS that are interfering with your life and who you are.

I have to put together a swing set today and I’m very upset.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Chrs posted:

Its more pathetic for someone to care enough to think you’re pathetic for it

it's really easy to identify pathetic things, you don't really think about it too hard

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pencilhands posted:

Wreck his poo poo king

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

That Works posted:

Mostly occupied different forums spaces than 3O until recently. They’ve always been this much of an insecure dick?

they have, yes

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
how does a poster from 2006 not know the 3o condo meme. it's his main schtick

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

how does a poster from 2006 not know the 3o condo meme. it's his main schtick

I guess until recently I just thought it was a meme and not rooted in reality .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

As far as a gimmick or meme goes you're right up there with Wizard Master and Pencilhands, but I as a person I think you lack basic skills and social empathy to actually count as one. But hey, your schtick works I guess!

WIzard Master is not a "gimmick" they are the primary engine of content generation for GBS. without WM this place would be a ghost town.

That Works posted:

I guess until recently I just thought it was a meme and not rooted in reality .

again not a meme or a schtick but an actual condominium that exists in physical reality

wtf do you guys think a "meme" is??