Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

I had cheap rent for most of a decade and got serious about saving money for several years

I left that place just in time to avoid becoming the stereotype depicted in this middling snl sketch:

https://youtu.be/axfaPnFlfEg?si=iln1rh8xnLfThuhi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Earwicker posted:

pencilhands is not a "gimmick" they are the primary engine of content generation for GBS. without PH this place would be a ghost town.

Ftfy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Earwicker posted:

WIzard Master is not a "gimmick" they are the primary engine of content generation for GBS. without WM this place would be a ghost town.

again not a meme or a schtick but an actual condominium that exists in physical reality

wtf do you guys think a "meme" is??

A unit of an idea that is passed from mind to mind, sometimes across generations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

ty

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
My mortgage in rural Ohio is under $600 because we refinanced right before the skyrocket. Its cool because now that we have finally paid of student loans, at 35 I can finally start saving. Good chance we will live in this house for the rest of our lives though. Which is fine because capitalism sucks and stuff is dumb

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Earwicker posted:

again not a meme or a schtick but an actual condominium that exists in physical reality

wtf do you guys think a "meme" is??

I just thought it was some thing that got played up and over exaggerated and did not occur to me that the person was for years gloating about a nice condo in Dallas in opulence like it’s a Manhattan penthouse or some thing.

I just thought it was a gimmick that 3O and goons collectively leaned into but recent posts in the EV thread and now here made me realize they are just weirdly insecure about having money

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

those days might come but they are not here yet. not for lack of trying on ph's part.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

back in the day when AIM was a thing and we all had handles in our profiles i got a random anonymous message from some goon and they were asking me about "gbs dynamics" and wanted to know my opinion about why everyone hated three olives so i offered my theories and then it turned out that that was three olives. i dont think we ever spoke again directly lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pencilhands is the wizard apprentice. this is known

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Earwicker posted:

those days might come but they are not here yet. not for lack of trying on ph's part.

just needs to slide the "quality"-----quantity slider a little further to the left

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Huh 3O got banned not that long ago for whatabouting the great medical science that came from the Nazi experiments lol.

He really is a gimmick.. I'll be damned.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

naem posted:

I had cheap rent for most of a decade and got serious about saving money for several years

I left that place just in time to avoid becoming the stereotype depicted in this middling snl sketch:

https://youtu.be/axfaPnFlfEg?si=iln1rh8xnLfThuhi

loving hell that sucked.

That's MIDDLING? I refuse to believe the basement can be so much lower.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Earwicker posted:

back in the day when AIM was a thing and we all had handles in our profiles i got a random anonymous message from some goon and they were asking me about "gbs dynamics" and wanted to know my opinion about why everyone hated three olives so i offered my theories and then it turned out that that was three olives. i dont think we ever spoke again directly lol
This is the origin story of 3O. You turned him into a villain, congrats. Somebody now has to undo it by having a bunch of It's a Wonderful Life moments with him.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

3O sent me a 30 page pdf praising the benefits of the 2008 housing market crash for real estate investors

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Jelly posted:

just needs to slide the "quality"-----quantity slider a little further to the left

All of my threads end up with 10 pages and stay on the front page for days so I would say their quality is high

When have you ever seen a failed pencilhands thread? Never, either it succeeds or the mods gas it out of fear

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

pencilhands posted:

All of my threads end up with 10 pages and stay on the front page for days so I would say their quality is high

When have you ever seen a failed pencilhands thread? Never, either it succeeds or the mods gas it out of fear

Yup

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Most of the time I have to beg the mods to leave PH's threads open
And they never disappoint

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

he's been posting like this since 2006? jesus loving christ

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

pencilhands posted:

I apologize for saying do better to you, you are right

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

he's been posting like this since 2006? jesus loving christ

Behind the money stuff he's an articulate intelligent man

But the money status crap IS awful

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I saw 3O hammering an "all lives matter" signpost into his front yard

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

He waved at me and yelled "let's go Brandon!"

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Smugworth posted:

thank you friend

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I also don't think Pencilhands or Wizard Masters threads are bad, if it wasn't for them the entire forum would be megathreads

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Smugworth posted:

my inbox is so full of pms on this subject im starting to think ph is a smug parachute

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Wendigee posted:

Huh 3O got banned not that long ago for whatabouting the great medical science that came from the Nazi experiments lol.

He really is a gimmick.. I'll be damned.

He's got some real bangers recently, from the "post your most Republican opinion" thread:

Three Olives posted:

That it is kind of poor people's fault that they are poor.

edit: I'm not saying like poor people are lazy, or like deserve to be poor, and there are many systematic ways that the system is stacked against people that start out poor, it's just every poor people I have known seems to have made and continue to make a myriad of decisions that hurt themselves financially and sets themselves up for failure.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pencilhands and wizard master are the best gbs posters

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

LMAO

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Three Olives posted:

Never had a bad experience at my condo pool:

how much does it cost you per month to have a pool that no one uses?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

3O called me a slur for Italians
I'm not even Italian

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

pencilhands and wizard master are the best gbs posters

I don't technically disagree.
Ehh gently caress it, they are the best posters

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

3O called me a slur for Italians
I'm not even Italian

what ethnicity are you so we know to slur to call you

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

pencilhands posted:

It seems like youre “supposed” to have a house of some sort by my age but everyone I know who has one constantly bitches about how it takes up all of their time and money

Unless you want to settle somewhere the best plan current year is to live in the cheapest place you can feel comfortable. Houses don’t have to be a bigger pain than a lovely landlord though. People just buy big houses, diy the gently caress out of them, and put a bunch of stupid poo poo in them that chews up their time and money.

“Omg I spent all day washing windows vacuuming stairs and mowing my lawn! Besides I don’t have money to go out anyhow”. — Bought the biggest house they could afford because they deserve it.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Three Olives posted:

It's funny how goons make fun of my lifestyle when by pretty much every marker of social and financial success and security as an adult I'm doing better than most, like, not limited to goons, like, American society in general.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goons are probably doing better than Americans in general but you still had your dad pay up your early years so you can “currently” be an independent big boy. So it’s not much of a flex.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

Mostly occupied different forums spaces than 3O until recently. They’ve always been this much of an insecure dick?

Yup. It's not a gimmick. He's just a rotten person.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

yeah it kind a weird when you pour through the bullshit, then later someone says, Wait, are you an rear end in a top hat?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

I saw him kick a kitten once

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

I saw him kick a kitten once

I saw him kiss a kitten once

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

anyway thats enough about that fool, back to the op's question: the answer is no, it is not pathetic to live in a studio apartment in your late 30's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
It's pathetic to be a landlord of studio apartments