Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
I like the fun of the city but I honestly prefer a house in the middle of nowhere cause I can do what I like and there's no landlord. I can fix poo poo myself and I enjoy it. I also grew up in the middle of nowhere black forest Germany so I like not being around anyone. I had to check a dead guys house nearby every day for insurance purposes and it was sick. He had some weird poo poo going on. I wish I stole poo poo from his workshop, he had the good stuff. He also had a lot of diapers and there was mouse poo poo everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you are cool as poo poo! Teach me more!

Flammable and Inflammable mean the same thing.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

R.L. Stine posted:

the middle of nowhere black forest Germany

R.L. Stine posted:

a lot of diapers and there was mouse poo poo everywhere

R.L. Stine posted:

and it was sick

Further proof that all germans are fecalpheliacs

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pop out the front door and skate down to Mr Hoshi's Surf/Skate Shop and Convenience Store

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

I've lived in houses, townhouses and apartments and I genuinely prefer apartments. If given the choice of a house or a nice two bedroom apartment I'm for sure taking the apartment.

ive lived in apartments for my entire adult life and i like them but the one reason i'd want a house is to be able to grow some food in a yard. my father-in-law grows a ton of stuff in his back yard and its just really nice having fresh fruit and veggies around all the time. my current place has a shared balcony and i grow a few things in pots including some herbs but its not really the same as being able to grow like citrus trees and collard greens etc.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Man, gardening kicks rear end. I've been hanging out on my folks' farm since covid and it's fun as hell to cook stuff from the garden.

The plums this year were loving amazing, and those tiny orange tomatoes are unparalleled. All store-bought tomatoes are unfortunately trash by comparison. 9 months of the year, I'm missing those matoes.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Goddamn, I'd kill to just be able to gently caress off to a relatives farm

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Because it works so well on a remote basis, animation carried the entertainment industry through the pandemic and we were all able to stay employed from home or wherever. But also we all got laid off at the start of this year, all of us, so y'know! Good n' bad! :v:

I do recommend loving off to a farm should the opportunity ever arise, though.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
do people who dream of rural living ever consider the response time of emergency services? Especially goons who probably have poo poo health

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

feelix posted:

do people who dream of rural living ever consider the response time of emergency services? Especially goons who probably have poo poo health

the nice thing about dreaming about rural living is that its a dream and thus has zero impact on the response time of emergency services.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

feelix posted:

Especially goons who probably have poo poo health

Jesus, how do people never get bored of reposting "GOONS, AMIRITE?!"

Fuckin hell, it was tired 10 years ago.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ty garlic bread

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I've lived on farms, villages, small towns, suburban sprawl and inner city flats. All have their pros and cons.
Except the suburbs, which just suck. Worst of all worlds.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Living on a farm sounds nice but working on a farm looks tiring, dangerous and gross.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

feelix posted:

Having had to call the cops a couple of times here, they won't get here if I call 911 for 30-60 minutes

I assume the Fire Department would be about 30 minutes.

I'm on my own.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I lived at college/in apartments till I was 40, and one thing I never appreciated until I moved into a house is, you really don't have to deal with winter.

You might have to shovel your front steps or a back porch, but that's minimal, compared to what you have to do when owning a home. Every snow storm is work, and the big ones, a lot of work. And then you have 2-3 snow events a week, and the winter becomes this constant effort to keep a house accessible.

With an apartment, you don't even have to consider that.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

feelix posted:

TBF if you read the homeowner thread, it's full of 'how do I put up some shelves and fix the tap, oh and any tips for re-landscaping my 10 acre lawn as the 1km sewage line to the nearest settlement needs to be excavated so I have rented a backhoe and...'

It does happen!

America is weird!

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

I've lived in houses, townhouses and apartments and I genuinely prefer apartments. If given the choice of a house or a nice two bedroom apartment I'm for sure taking the apartment.

If it were possible to live in an apartment without the slamming door neighbor or the stompy kids neighbor or the lanai smoker neighbor or the never report the roaches because they don’t bother me neighbor.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Goddamn, I'd kill to just be able to gently caress off to a relatives farm

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

redshirt posted:

Having had to call the cops a couple of times here, they won't get here if I call 911 for 30-60 minutes

I assume the Fire Department would be about 30 minutes.

I'm on my own.

I lived downtown for a long time. I called cause it sounded like someone was going to be murdered and they were screaming call 911. The police still took 45 minutes.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Jesus, how do people never get bored of reposting "GOONS, AMIRITE?!"

Fuckin hell, it was tired 10 years ago.

:goonsay:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Szyznyk posted:

If it were possible to live in an apartment without the slamming door neighbor or the stompy kids neighbor or the lanai smoker neighbor or the never report the roaches because they don’t bother me neighbor.

it is possible, that's where i live

well we don't have a "lanai" but other than that

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Yeah it's certainly possible. You need to find a building built out of bricks not wood

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my building is made out of stucco and concrete mostly. i live in LA and can't think of a single apartment building in the area made of either bricks or wood. bricks are kind of frowned upon in most of california because of earthquakes, you can use them to decorate an exterior wall as a sort of outer layer, but not for anything structural

nonetheless i dont really hear my neighbors much. my nextdoor neighbor does love to blast techno sometimes, but i enjoy it. also the whole building smells like weed all the time but i dont mind that either, in fact im a contributor to it

my upstairs neighbor has a "secret dog" but they are very good at keeping the dog under control and i only ever hear it bark if coyotes come really close to the building

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 29, 2023

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Triikan posted:

Flammable and Inflammable mean the same thing.

well, I'll be damned!

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
I'm talking about these:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-over-1

You've seen them if you've looked for apartments recently. They're the new construction buildings with nice appliances and counter tops yet everything somehow feels cheap and lovely because it is. If you make the mistake of living in one, you'll hear a pin drop in your neighbor's apartment. Avoid them like the plague.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Earwicker posted:

my building is made out of stucco and concrete mostly. i live in LA and can't think of a single apartment building in the area made of either bricks or wood. bricks are kind of frowned upon in most of california because of earthquakes, you can use them to decorate an exterior wall as a sort of outer layer, but not for anything structural

nonetheless i dont really hear my neighbors much. my nextdoor neighbor does love to blast techno sometimes, but i enjoy it. also the whole building smells like weed all the time but i dont mind that either, in fact im a contributor to it

my upstairs neighbor has a "secret dog" but they are very good at keeping the dog under control and i only ever hear it bark if coyotes come really close to the building

lol. they should tell the dog it's a secret dog and be more like people.
Have they tried giving him a scoobie snack? Worked on Casey Kasem

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I think I just made myself feel bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Voted this thread 5 for page 6. :boom: