Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Yes retard is fine in some contexts. human being is fine in context. friend of the family is fine in some contexts.

I'm not going to iterate over a register of acceptable and non-acceptable use, it varies for everyone. But they're just words and the language policing going on with the corporate (and much of the non-corporate) internet is obnoxious and a disservice to society.

I'm reminded of the old goatse disclaimer

quote:

The goatse.cx lawyer has informed us that we need a warning! So.. if you find this photograph offensive, please don't look at it. Thank you!

edit: also saying stuff like 'r-word' 'n-word' etc is such a cop out. It's just playing a semantic game of saying the word without actually saying it. You put the word in the readers head the same as if you said it you're just too chicken-poo poo to admit it. If you want to have an adult discussion, just do it without the tiptoeing around.

aventari fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU