Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

To be honest I don't know anybody who would use it and I don't voluntarily frequent any spaces where it would be used. It's broadly similar to someone casually using racial slurs in signifying "this person probably sucks to be around"

It's a fairly recent development but I think a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

When you use phrases like "the r-word" or any of the other equivalents for other words, what you are doing is acknowledging that the word is not one you are comfortable saying because of its use.

Which is a normal thing to do. It exists so that you can describe the existence of the word while separating that description of the word from the normal use of the word, because the normal use of the word is bad.