Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

When you die you can only post in the anime subfourm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

GABA ghoul posted:

Really depends on if they manage to freeze my head in time or not. So either I'm gonna wake up in an utopian future in a new body hanging out with weird aliens and making art for all of eternity or just never wake up at all and cease to exist

justin whang just did a video on massive cryogenics failures where peoples frozen bodies ended up as soup because the power failed

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Pretty sure your bowels release, yeah, though I have never seen someone die right in front of me and only know this from general pop culture exposure.

I believe Elvis knew this

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

SIDS Vicious posted:

justin whang just did a video on massive cryogenics failures where peoples frozen bodies ended up as soup because the power failed

Do the dead people get a refund?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

You turn into a ghost.

Now you're probably wondering, if there have been billions of humans who have died, why aren't there billions of ghosts running around. Well you see, the laws of physics don't work on ghosts, and gravity doesn't keep them on earth. When you die, as earth and our solar system move through the universe, it just leaves all the ghosts stuck floating in the endless void of space, right where they died. Hopefully you die close to someone else so you can talk with the other ghosts, but if it's just you....

"AVVVVvvvveeeennge me....."

- Me, a lonely ghost watching Earth fade away in the distance

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Grey Cat posted:

In a book called Everlost, when you die you sink into the planet unless you're standing on dead ground like a burnt forest or house and stuff.
So I'm going with all the ghosts sank to the core of the earth and got compressed into various metals.

Oh I like that!! Just think of all the dead people in your cell phone right now.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Wait....what happens during the smelting process? Do all the ghosts merge together? So like, I have a ghost centipede thing going on in my cell phone?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If you're strong in the Force you can show up in one of the Special Editions

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

Wait....what happens during the smelting process? Do all the ghosts merge together? So like, I have a ghost centipede thing going on in my cell phone?

I imagine the ghost juice just kinda mixes together into one mass and fuses with whatever material as a ghost alloy.

redshirt posted:

If you're strong in the Force you can show up in one of the Special Editions

If I can, I'm coming back as one of the hologram dancers from the starwars christmas special.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
You go into Spectate Mode until the end of the current round of existence, after which we get team-scrambled for the next match. You can choose to spawn in as a passive bird if you like, though.

Game clock says we still have a few billion years left in the round but if someone on the Retrovirus team scores another flag capture we could restart sooner

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Speaking of ghost juice: I once heard of a Thai folk tradition that after death, contrary to mainstream Theravada Buddhist views, the 'you-ness' kind of leaks out of your orifices into the air, then works its way into other people and animals. And if someone was a real piece of poo poo, they would like seal their nostrils and mouth with clay so it wouldn't happen. But if you were good, all of that lives on with others.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Do they seal their butts too

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
There is a momentary realisation this is the 758th time you've been reborn.
You start screaming with horror, but this is misinterpreted as a "healthy set of lungs".
Then someone jams a tit in your mouth and the colostrum makes you forget.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

HD DAD posted:

Do they seal their butts too
I don't think so. I would just to be safe though.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

once I've traveled through the underworld to have Osiris, Pharaoh of the Land of the Dead, weigh my heart against the feather of Ma'at, I reckon I'm a shoo-in for the Field of Reeds. just gotta remember to have some a bunch of shabtis made beforehand, so I have magic servants who can take my place when that same Osiris wants me to go work for him

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The image of a person is the same as a person. Live forever by having a graven idol made of you that can withstand the intense heat and pressures of the inevitably expanding sun.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i get eaten by the worms, and weird fishes. picked over by the worms, and weird fishes.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
When you die, a ghost comes and sucks your soul out of your dick or vag. It’ll feel like you’re just about to come and then you turn into a ghost so as a ghost you’re always feeling like you’re just about to come that’s why theyre always floating around going “oooooooooo.”

Also, you then gotta suck the soul out of the next person to die.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

You spend like 10 seconds in a natural DMT trip that feels like tens of thousands of years of dreamy disembodiment then you stop existing.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t know but I hope that I die in a funny enough way that I get a thread about it and you guys get some good yuks in.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

deep dish peat moss posted:

You spend like 10 seconds in a natural DMT trip that feels like tens of thousands of years of dreamy disembodiment then you stop existing.

okay so the research that was done by Hamilton and a team of biologists and chemists basically proved that there really isnt a massive dmt store in brains and that it doesn’t really appear to naturally occur in any real quantity but i hope they are wrong but alas,

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

SIDS Vicious posted:

okay so the research that was done by Hamilton and a team of biologists and chemists basically proved that there really isnt a massive dmt store in brains and that it doesn’t really appear to naturally occur in any real quantity but i hope they are wrong but alas,

There was a cool post on futilitycloset once about how some people who have survived executions throughout history basically described a DMT trip and begged to be put back to death because it was so beautiful but I can't find it now (wait here it is https://www.futilitycloset.com/2019/06/27/exit-strategies-2/). And even though what you're saying here is true there has been a whole lot of other research that has showed pretty much the same thing like:

People describing DMT trips describe them the same way as people who survived near-death experiences describe their near death experience: https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpsyg.2018.01424/full

DMT actually does occur naturally in mammalian brains though yeah it's not 'massive stores': https://www.michiganmedicine.org/health-lab/mystical-psychedelic-compound-found-normal-brains

and yes that includes the human brain: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5048497/
(okay technically it's called INMT instead of DMT when it occurs naturally)

so yeah DMT: The Spirit Molecule is bullshit (much like everything graham hancock puts out lol) but there's a lot of evidence that pretty much points to the same thing it did to a lesser degree

I guess I meant "DMT Trip" in a more drug-agnostic sense that the start of death just a psychedelic trip even if it's not directly from DMT

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 29, 2023

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
I kind of hope I go into 4-dimensional space after I die and the rest of you are just like comic book characters to me

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

DamnCanadian posted:

I kind of hope I go into 4-dimensional space after I die and the rest of you are just like comic book characters to me

I have good news friend.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I hope I get a post credits scene

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Big dance number, a mix up of styles from old school Hollywood to new school hip hop.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

There was this tv series based on a book years ago that basically had all humans that every lived wake up living after death along a long rear end river

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
same poo poo before i was born OP

vaginite posted:

You get to quit going to work everyday

oh hell yeah

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mokotow posted:

There was this tv series based on a book years ago that basically had all humans that every lived wake up living after death along a long rear end river

I read this series when I was a lad called "Heroes in Hell" and it was about all these historical figures in Hell teaming up to fight stuff.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

Chinatown posted:

same poo poo before i was born OP

Your parents loving for all eternity

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if i get to heaven and they are all "ah its all good you dont even have to take shits anymore" im gonna be so loving mad

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

naem
May 29, 2011

lard room

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
It's Riverworld. It's a miracle, but Philip José Farmer got it exactly right somehow.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

that’s when the worms crawl in, op. if you’re a rich and fat enough to have a nice casket and a thorough embalming process, you might turn into soap instead

gonna go ahead and recommend a couple books to this thread:

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
With any luck I get eaten by scavengers

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
You wake up in the next universe, it's an unbroken chain

Unfortunately the next universe is the neverending human centipede universe

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Reincarnation is weird, because it's like if you can get in touch with "past lives" imagine a future reincarnation learning your now life and all the cringy poo poo you didn't want anyone to know. Reincarnation is so embarrassing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

oh yeah, i totally forgot. that’s when anime girls make all your dreams true. big dummy moves on my part