Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

TW: Bad wriggly bugs

Was lying awake in bed last night and I could hear a weird noise in the hall. I thought it was a mouse which had somehow got in, got upstairs, and was raiding the dog food. Nope, turns out it was maggots raining from the ceiling and plinking off the dog bowl! Apparently something has died in the attic, on top of the loft hatch. No recent noises, no smell, no nothing. Just a gentle rain of maggots like I'm in a loving horror film.

Happy halloween!

My hall carpet is now loving spotless though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Is there a way I can unread that post. gently caress that's gross.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Apparently they don't let you double-nest spoilers, or I would have.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'm using a plugin that breaks spoilers anyway, and I was the one who clicked the dang thread.

Most bugs I don't mind or are merely annoying but maggots make my skin crawl. Ugh.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Finding it at 4am was a fun experience for sure. I'm lucky in that when I'm confronted with that sort of situation, my brain just sort of shuts off all the anxiety and panic recepors and just gets on with it. "Oh I'm in a horror film now. Great. Better start carrying stuff outside and setting up the hoover."

One of them landed in my hair at some point, which is how we discovered they were coming from above. Not great.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I have never seen them irl but whip scorpions give me the heebie jeebies.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

:(

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Bugs and creepy crawlies are your friend!!!

That why they come into your bed at night and hug you while you sleep.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

My phone has a super-macro mode, and I took this cool picture of a spider. It eventually ran away when I got the camera close enough to touch it.

bobthenameless
Jun 20, 2005

there's a kind of invasive parachuting spider that is going to take over the american south/east coast and i cant wait bc they look rad as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I have those guys all over my lawn in Georgia. They showed up about three years ago and have been keeping my lawn mosquito lessened since. Good buds, good friends.

Makes me feel bad to cut through the bottom of their webs when I mow the lawn though :(