Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

You wanna figure out if you should take a new job offer? You unsure if your wife hates your guts? Or maybe you just wanna know if life is gonna suck a little bit less from Nov 1 2023 to Oct 31 2024!

Well, I've got answers*. Post your inquires below and we'll see what my deck has to say about your life.

Qualifications:

-professional tarot reader on and off for 9 years (16 years total reading tarot, always donations only. There is no base charge. Ever)
-many, many 5-star reviews
-ordained reverend in three different religious organizations (four if you count ULC, though I don't)
-extensive experience with witchcraft, esoteric, occult stuff both in real life and also helping folks deal with those vibes online when needed

*cannot be held responsible if you decide to ruin your life, but hopefully that isn't the case. 1-card draws only this time around so I can keep up with the thread, unless multiple cards fall out at me.

What is Tarot?

Tarot is an old card game that eventually morphed into a way to tell the future. Wikipedia has a very, very good write up about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot

The original game for the card set is pretty much lost, to the best of my knowledge. Could we possibly divine the rules of the card game with the tarot cards themselves? Maybe, but that probably opens a black hole and ends the timeline.

You nerd, you absolute waste of space, you-

This is all in good fun, friend. Try to have fun with it.

What should I ask?

Open-ended questions are best. Not so much "should I take this job" as "what will happen if I take the job with Enron in November of 2001?".

I love Tarot, too! Can I jump in?

Ah, all readers of the sacred cards are well met. Be welcome in this circle free of judgement of full of compassion. )O( (feel free to join in, just don't be mean to folks)

Ask away, goons. I'll be back with answers soon as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Ok I'll be the test subject:

I have two diverging paths in my career right now - one path is extremely uninteresting, doesnt really work with how I see myself and my skillsets, but its relatively stable and I could continue my current :airquote: life :airquote:
The other path is very interesting, fits in perfectly with how I see myself and my skillsets, but I would absolutely have to re-do my personal life (such that it is), probably thousands of miles away. Is it worth it to chase the 2nd option?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

Ok I'll be the test subject:

I have two diverging paths in my career right now - one path is extremely uninteresting, doesnt really work with how I see myself and my skillsets, but its relatively stable and I could continue my current :airquote: life :airquote:
The other path is very interesting, fits in perfectly with how I see myself and my skillsets, but I would absolutely have to re-do my personal life (such that it is), probably thousands of miles away. Is it worth it to chase the 2nd option?

Your question got: The Moon

The Moon usually represents illusions and deceptions, though can sometimes represent a "if I don't do this, I'll regret it" like a dog howling mournfully at the moon.

Personally? I don't think that the second path is worth completely re-writing your life unless you already intended to do that.

----------------

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Your question got: The Moon

The Moon usually represents illusions and deceptions, though can sometimes represent a "if I don't do this, I'll regret it" like a dog howling mournfully at the moon.

Personally? I don't think that the second path is worth completely re-writing your life unless you already intended to do that.

thank you very much :tipshat:

the dog-howling-at-the-moon is a very interesting (and potentially very apt) metaphor. Also very interesting since my desire/interest in these roles is almost entirely how I see myself... which is always illusion & deception

----------------

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Well, let's give it a go:

Say, my company who I have stuck with even through worse situations before is going to run into some serious financial issues soon due to losing its biggest client. If I were to stick around and try to help things turn around again, would that be better than rip the band-aid and go find employment elsewhere?

Help me, Tarot thread!

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Well, let's give it a go:

Say, my company who I have stuck with even through worse situations before is going to run into some serious financial issues soon due to losing its biggest client. If I were to stick around and try to help things turn around again, would that be better than rip the band-aid and go find employment elsewhere?

Help me, Tarot thread!

So, you got The Hermit

Ultimately, I think you're being encouraged to stay. In the short term, I think it'll make you regret it. In the long term, you have a really big potential to move way, way up the ladder for that loyalty if they don't completely poo poo the bed.

----------------

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I'm lazy and feel like hanging out on the couch for most of the day. On the other hand the sun is shining and I could go for a walk and maybe spot some interesting birds.

What should I do?

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

I'm lazy and feel like hanging out on the couch for most of the day. On the other hand the sun is shining and I could go for a walk and maybe spot some interesting birds.

What should I do?

You got: The Hermit too!

I'd say take the day off. Introspection is a good thing. Think about life and what you want to do, what you want to become, and consider ways on how to get there.

----------------

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I'm feeling pretty burnt-out and unfulfilled in my career, but it's stable and pays decently in this inflationary hellworld.

What would happen if I pursued something less stable or lower paid but perhaps more fulfilling or at least less stressful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Enfys posted:

I'm feeling pretty burnt-out and unfulfilled in my career, but it's stable and pays decently in this inflationary hellworld.

What would happen if I pursued something less stable or lower paid but perhaps more fulfilling or at least less stressful?

You got: The Ten of Pentacles

Honestly? Windfall. Though it feels like an emotional windfall. Down the road, you'll be concerned if it was the right choice but the cards certainly seem to think it is.

----------------