Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

on one hand I like chilling in public places looking at various forms of transit, smelling/drinking coffee at all hours, and low expectations about morning sobriety.

on the other, tsa is decidedly unchill as are the various stresses about missing one's flight

just thoughts as I hang in an empty gate at the 'port (far from my own crowded-rear end gate) enjoying this coffee and protein bar and listening to announcements about what how attended my bags should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Cinnabon is comforting :shrug:

sb hermit

besides the existential dread of everpresent covid19 and the need to monitor my bags and stake out a spot to hang out, airports can be chill

I’m staying overnight at phoenix sky harbor on Monday and I have a ticket for the escape lounge the next morning at Terminal 3. I’ve never tried the lounge before, looking forward to endless mimosas and breakfast hors d'oeuvres before drunkenly stumbling towards my departing flight home

Khanstant
Unchill. Airplane and airport are big reasons I don't like to travel, just don't wanna bother with em anymore

Escape From Noise

KIX is decidedly unchill as it's a pain to get to adnd huge. Also it's on reclaimed land and is literally constantly sinking into the ocean requiring constant maintenance to stop. The ultimate act of 80's Japan's hubris.

Itami, on the other hand, is two terminals, easy to get to, and feels like a nice train station with decent food options.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

sb hermit

Flying southwest is a lot more chill than flying American

sb hermit

$13.50 for a cold BLT is unchill

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

airports: chill
TSA: unchill
airplanes: very unchill

flying didn't need to suck so much rear end

we as a society have chosen to make it suck as much rear end as possible for some reason :shrug:

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Drink-Mix Man

sb hermit posted:

Flying southwest is a lot more chill than flying American

i just flew southwest into Sky Harbor incidentally. can confirm the vibe was chill, with stewardesses delivering many a corny joke during their presentation about how to survive in the event of an emergency. the landing was so hard though i made a few people in my section laugh by yelping in terror.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Chill is in the mind.

You have reached chill.

Escape From Noise

I sometimes forget how dire travel in the US is.

more falafel please

forums poster

since i quit smoking cigs airports are decidedly more chill or more accurately i am more chill at airports

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Can you just hang out in airports? Without a purpose? Without a porpoise? 🐬

more falafel please

forums poster

Viginti Septem posted:

in college one time me and a couple friends went to o'hare at like, 2am, got coffee, and went back home. we did a lot of pretty stupid stuff

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

RavenousScoot

Viginti Septem posted:

Hey Waldorf, see any TSA agents around? Someone should report this unattended bag! :stat:

THANK YOU NESAM :^))
Previous:

code:
https://i.imgur.com/1rh8sdW.mp4 - manifisto
https://i.imgur.com/DeyYjwj.mp4 - vanisher
Ass-penny

can't say I'm a fan of em

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Finger Prince

I have been to a lot of airports. European ones are generally pretty chill. Not always, but in general. CDG? Surprisingly chill. FRA, kinda unchill, but can find pockets of chill. GVA, pretty chill. ZRH also kinda chill. MAD or BCN were kinda chill but I don't remember which was which. LHR: zero fuckin chill.
YYZ is not chill. YVR used to be pretty chill, it still has its moments, but mostly just busy and tired looking these days.
YYC, kinda not chill. SEA: not particularly chill. EWR? Depends on the terminal. Same with IAH. LGA, LMAO. PHX unchill. LAX, unchill to the max, bro. ORD never heard of the word. SFO: see YYZ.
Japanese airports: kinda not really chill at all. Australian airports: pretty chill about you leaving, not so much about you arriving.
There's others but that's a summary.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
LMAO 👀

Escape From Noise

I dunno. I think security in Japanese airports are pretty chill. Nigata Airport is very chill. They have craft beer on tap in the one terminal.

google THIS

Entering airports: Unchill

Checking bags: Unchill

Moving on without your checked bags: Slightly better

Security: Extremely unchill

Security with small children: gently caress

Always feeling like you're not moving fast enough and probably forgetting something as you load the bin that goes through the X-ray scanner: Decidely unchill

Feeling so anxious and rushed after getting scanned that your brain short circuits and you forget how to fasten a belt and tie shoelaces for what feels like an eternity: So unchill

Finally clearing security and arriving at your gate: Ok, finally kind of chill

Trying to decide what tier of airport food you have time to purchase and cram down before your flight boards and always feeling slightly guilty about your choice: Never mind

Scuba Trooper

my hometown's airport is chill af but LAX is a loving hellscape with a sushi bar

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
most airports wont let you smoke weed inside, which is p hosed up imo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Drink-Mix Man

Nosfereefer posted:

this was extremely disappointing to discover after having not flown in a long time

I figured in this day and age the legal states would all have pot lounges by now

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Nosfereefer posted:

do it anyway :evilbuddy:

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
The airport is most unchill. The bright lights. They domt turn them off at nihgtt. I can't sleep. I go to the bathroom thre e tkmes to throw up ):<

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
This all happened at 4 am in yhe morning

WithoutTheFezOn
Oh no

Viginti Septem posted:

Chill is in the mind.

You have reached chill.
I was going to say airports being chill or unchill pretty much entirely depends on how much time pressure you have, so yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

airports are unchill but making the best of it is pretty chill