Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Achmed Jones)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m probably not gonna ship til after this weekend, sorry Santee. I promise you’re getting something good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I have no idea when I'm shipping

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

before Jan 1 that’s for drat sure :toughguy:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Dans Macabre posted:

I have no idea when I'm shipping

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hell yeah, glad it arrived! open 100% at your own leisure ❤️

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Achmed Jones posted:

hell yeah, glad it arrived! open 100% at your own leisure ❤️

Fam is very excited, dog is still dog

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

if anyone is shipping perishables or otherwise things that maybe can't sit for a few days let me know and the elf can tell the recipient to refrigerate the package if they don't want to open it right away.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

graph posted:

i would like to purchase some of those stickers

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

alright i am part shipped, that's locally so maybe will turn up before Xmas.

I stupidly signed up with "international is cool" so that's definitely not because I haven't got my poo poo together on that yet

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
I finally have the parts to my santee's gift and should be shipping first thing Monday.

In other news I received an otherwise unmarked package that I did not order, but it contained some pretty rad looking hand made leather coasters and a fancy stand for them:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I got my gift santa! Will post about it this evening

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Got some packages the other day

Some awesome hacker stickers and a cool book about the development of Windows 95! Very cool, and a note... hmm, it mentions a plushy that isn't here.

I'll transcribe it here so you don't have to read the sideways text:

quote:

Beneath the tree, a gift of old,
Windows 95 stories untold.

Hacker stickers gleam, a retro dream

A Pentium plushy, so soft ad tall,
A merry YOSMAS to all!

Ahh there we go, it was in the mailbox, it's a vintage Intel Plushy from that ad campaign from like 20 25 years (gently caress...) ago , awesome. This is very cool Optimus Rhyme, thanks!!

ADINSX fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Dec 18, 2023

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

A close up shot of the plushy, I'm getting pumped for the release of the Pentium II all over again

The final piece of my own gift is arriving this Tuesday and I'll get it in the mail this week, Merry Yosmas!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I bought some things for my Santee yesterday but I still need to get more and am running out of time ahhhh

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I gotta send

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

achmed what do you need as proof? like a screenshot or photo of a shipping label or something?

also this has just reminded me that tomorrow is gonna be the last chance I have to actually post the other part before Xmas, yikes!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

whatever works, really. a photo of the shipping label works, or a screenshot of whatever store if it's dropshipped. it'll only ever be checked if there's some dispute about whether or not anything was sent - i'm not gonna be proactively doing anything

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol hell yes

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

ADINSX posted:

A close up shot of the plushy, I'm getting pumped for the release of the Pentium II all over again

I had one of those back when the P3 was introduced and after a decade all the mylar shiny stuff flaked off, so it got rehomed to a landfill.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

whatever works, really. a photo of the shipping label works, or a screenshot of whatever store if it's dropshipped. it'll only ever be checked if there's some dispute about whether or not anything was sent - i'm not gonna be proactively doing anything

alright cool I'll send part of that through

sorry secret person but the other bit is gonna arrive after Xmas because idk if I'm gonna have time to pack and post it

but seeing as you won't know who I am you can all assume I hosed yours up and blame me!

ADINSX posted:

The final piece of my own gift is arriving this Tuesday and I'll get it in the mail this week, Merry Yosmas!

those adverts owned

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Achmed Jones posted:

. it'll only ever be checked if there's some dispute about whether or not anything was sent
well yeah part of my gift it can be very hard to tell when you've gotten it 😉

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

ADINSX posted:

Got some packages the other day

Some awesome hacker stickers and a cool book about the development of Windows 95! Very cool, and a note... hmm, it mentions a plushy that isn't here.

I'll transcribe it here so you don't have to read the sideways text:

Ahh there we go, it was in the mailbox, it's a vintage Intel Plushy from that ad campaign from like 20 25 years (gently caress...) ago , awesome. This is very cool Optimus Rhyme, thanks!!

Hell yeah! Glad you like it. I hope that plushy is okay.

As for the rest of the the gifts I got, here's some pics of when we opened them the other day:

Doggo helping the fam inspect:

Eldest also helping to open:

Close ups of the excellent wrapping job

And finally, here's what all the gifts added up to:

I've already opened the spicy pulparindo (and will be bringing the individually wrapped ones to family Christmas gathering). The book is amazing, youngest already read through a bunch of it asking 'what is star trek'. And my eldest went around with the stud finder shaking it around himself saying it found the stud. As for the poster, I've ordered a frame and will be putting it up in my home office.

The lego hasn't been opened yet, but it will and they can't wait to make the seal (which is a Phoque in french, which is the only french I've taught them).

Thank you so much Achmed! Really enjoyed explaining to the kids "this is from an internet stranger spreading christmas joy."

Merry YOSMAS to all!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Hell yeah, I'm glad y'all enjoyed em! Happy yosmas!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

that book rules, i have a copy and it's great.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
mister jones has wrapping paper skill

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh just so you know - that studpop is the best stud finder i've used, not a "get rid of this dumb thing" type gift. i have bought way too many stud finders in my life and always been disappointed; it turns out that the cheap magnet that detects the nails in the studs is 10x more effective than the $70 electronic ones that are never, ever correct. i ordered one, tested it, went "holy poo poo" and then bought them for my dad, sister, a local friend, and you lol

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

oh just so you know - that studpop is the best stud finder i've used, not a "get rid of this dumb thing" type gift. i have bought way too many stud finders in my life and always been disappointed; it turns out that the cheap magnet that detects the nails in the studs is 10x more effective than the $70 electronic ones that are never, ever correct. i ordered one, tested it, went "holy poo poo" and then bought them for my dad, sister, a local friend, and you lol

I learned about these from a superfastmatt video and can confirm: they work great

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

CrazyLittle posted:

I finally have the parts to my santee's gift and should be shipping first thing Monday.

In other news I received an otherwise unmarked package that I did not order, but it contained some pretty rad looking hand made leather coasters and a fancy stand for them:

:woop: a second shipment has hit the building:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CrazyLittle posted:

yossanta notes that these are not in fact from them, though you still have another package pending. we have a rogue santa this year!

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Midjack posted:

yossanta notes that these are not in fact from them, though you still have another package pending. we have a rogue santa this year!

this is actually less assuring

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
i sent the yosgift

congratulations and/or sorry santee

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Kuvo posted:

i sent the yosgift

congratulations and/or sorry santee

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I have ship anxiety. wanna grab a couple somethings extra before I ship really

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Silver Alicorn posted:

Glad I'm not alone in this

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

honestly things got a little rough after I signed up (covid) and I decided around then that I would take it easy and ship a little late. sorry to be the one who extends this into mid january.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

honestly things got a little rough after I signed up (covid) and I decided around then that I would take it easy and ship a little late. sorry to be the one who extends this into mid january.

it's cool, thanks for sticking with it even though you had a bad time! :cheerdoge:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
February yosmas is a tradition at this point

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Silver Alicorn posted:

Okay, take a deep breath, quit complaining and get your ship together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006