Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Achmed Jones)

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS
gently caress tradition mama wants presents NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I HAVE SHIPPED :redhammer:

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

So, here's the first part of the gift I got:

They say you should never find out how the sausage is made. Well, I'm already vegetarian, so I think I'll actually dare read this book.

Then, a couple of days later, this showed up:

So, Ellie, thanks for raw dogging me and giving me Chlamydia!

Merry Yosmas one and all!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

:discourse:

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

lmao :golfclap:

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

They say you should never find out how the sausage is made. Well, I'm already vegetarian, so I think I'll actually dare read this book.

came to the yosmas thread to lol @ this post

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS
Raw Dog is, for the record, a fantastic book with a lot of layers. Also at a Portland live recording of the Bechdel Cast I ate a slice of hot dog pizza inspired by the book and it gave me diarrhea.

Also I bought my mom one of those just so I could embarrass her in public by asking "hey mom, remember that time I gave you syphilis?'

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

lol nice

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

thread title imo

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

incredible lmao

ill be sending my gift this week, wife and i both got the flu for christmas :{

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
lmao

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

faxlore posted:

incredible lmao

ill be sending my gift this week, wife and i both got the flu for christmas :{

it’s diseasemas for one and all, i somehow got a staph infection across both hands/forearms. :stonklol:

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

CrazyLittle posted:

:woop: a second shipment has hit the building:

Looks like the main event of my Yosmass has arrived:

Ok this is more awesome than I could have ever expected. Thank you so much. I can't wait to break these out with the little one and teach him about how the dungeon master is a spiteful and mercilous master... But really he's probably just going to steal the bazinga and the dragon cup.

They're currently off-gassing in my shed because they're still a little bit "ripe" from printing and post treatment, but I'm definitely going to have fun with these. Thanks Sniep!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

CrazyLittle posted:

Looks like the main event of my Yosmass has arrived:

Ok this is more awesome than I could have ever expected. Thank you so much. I can't wait to break these out with the little one and teach him about how the dungeon master is a spiteful and mercilous master... But really he's probably just going to steal the bazinga and the dragon cup.

They're currently off-gassing in my shed because they're still a little bit "ripe" from printing and post treatment, but I'm definitely going to have fun with these. Thanks Sniep!

Hahah yeah I was worried about that, they had about 18 hours of drying after the topcoat, so they are certainly a little damp. I'm glad they came apart easily at least! I was worried they'd stick together. The smell right now is just that topcoat varnish, which admittedly reeks. Sorry!

48 hours should be enough!

Anyway you gotta post a pic of some example dungeon set up!!

Sniep fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 25, 2023

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Sniep posted:

Anyway you gotta post a pic of some example dungeon set up!!

Probably just going to let him explore building with them just as a play set at first and then if I can round up a couple extra, then I'll see about some RPG elements

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

CrazyLittle posted:

Probably just going to let him explore building with them just as a play set at first and then if I can round up a couple extra, then I'll see about some RPG elements

If you need any replacement parts or connector bits lmk I have an infinite factory now I guess lmao. I'm getting into D&D at the same time and thought I'd prototype out a set of dungeon tiles for secret santa no matter who my recipient was.

Anyway it's the "28mm" scale if you wanted to add in figures and such to play with.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
current yosmas status: The bazinga has been commandeered.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

CrazyLittle posted:

current yosmas status: The bazinga has been commandeered.

:sickos:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
my gift is ready to send but I haven't sent a package in so long I kinda forgot how

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

yeah part 2 is gonna be sent.... Wednesday or Thursday maybe. But part 1 has apparently been delivered!

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

Silver Alicorn posted:

my gift is ready to send but I haven't sent a package in so long I kinda forgot how
you go 2 the post office u weenar

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

betty boof posted:

you go 2 the post office u weenar

stamps dot com offer code yosmas to save 10% on your shipping and hosting and domain name or w/e

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

! a box has arrived

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

open it up and

wait a minute, naughty list?? wonder what it says inside tho...

welp if posting is a crime then I'll just be a criminal. let's see what it all is tho

freed from their plastic prison... looks like they have a mean streak! maybe they deserved it. wait, what's a reversible plushie?

aha, I like this side better :)

this is so many stickers aag

last item is a mystery

wha

oh! internet search says its an NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX400, manufactured by Micro Star. Nice! This will go very well in my retro pc, a bit newer than I was planning but the GeForce 2 Pro I've been looking for is possibly unobtanium? Also, this has DVI and S-Video -- which means I can plug it in to a modern monitor instead of fussing with a scan converter, or even my CRT TV. very good very useful and I'll have to make some posts in the old computer thread soon.

Thank you so much CrazyLittle!

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I'm going to ship my gift out this week, promise, I'm just waiting for a chance to go to the post office. sit tight santee

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Silver Alicorn posted:

oh! internet search says its an NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX400, manufactured by Micro Star. Nice! This will go very well in my retro pc, a bit newer than I was planning but the GeForce 2 Pro I've been looking for is possibly unobtanium? Also, this has DVI and S-Video -- which means I can plug it in to a modern monitor instead of fussing with a scan converter, or even my CRT TV. very good very useful and I'll have to make some posts in the old computer thread soon.

yeah it seemed like the one option that I could find that should line up with your compatibility target and not look like a shenzhen back alley chip harvesting refurb. I hope it suits your needs well. if I can find one more thing I’ll send that over but it’s a huge long shot

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Silver Alicorn posted:

this is so many stickers aag

please forward row 4 col 7 to graph

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

CrazyLittle posted:

yeah it seemed like the one option that I could find that should line up with your compatibility target and not look like a shenzhen back alley chip harvesting refurb. I hope it suits your needs well. if I can find one more thing I’ll send that over but it’s a huge long shot

yeah its really a good choice, thanks again :) I’ll have to see how well it runs Unreal Tournament soon. as for the other thing, I don’t suppose it would be a lian li case but if so I’ve already got a lead on one of those.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

confirming receipt from kuvo will post report later but THANK YOU

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Silver Alicorn posted:

I don’t suppose it would be a lian li case but if so I’ve already got a lead on one of those.

Nah not a case. Shipping a case not-commercially just costs too much money to make sense

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I’m going to ship tonight.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dans Macabre posted:

confirming receipt from kuvo will post report later but THANK YOU

I'm really sorry I can't do a proper unboxing. I was in the ER yesterday and unboxed in the waiting room to pass the time. I did take one picture of the haul though!!!

THANK YOU so much Kuvo. I gave the chocolates to the PAs to help grease the wheels of healthcare. Looking forward to drinking this bourbon and watching Hugh Jackman get a blowjob.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
hell ya! hope you're feeling better so you can stomach watching John Travolta sport the worst goatee known to man

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

package was sent! oops

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

holy poo poo dans macabre hooked it up big time. i am currently listening to the album fantastic voyage by 2dcat on the record player. tomorrow i will listen to bunny x's love minus 80 on cassette. or tonight if i work out or putter around the garage. in the mst3k dvd case - alongside some hercules flicks and the stone cold mst3k classic prince of space - is a cd titles "yospos breaks." i'll get into that after dinner!

theres also a dope windows 95 hat, a van damme steven seagram crossover that promises to be hilarious, and some delicious israeli candy! and a nice note :)

thanks man, this is all rad. and don't forget the print that arrived a couple weeks ago! it's lookin good on the wall

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Parcel sent. I guess it's going to be a New Year's present instead of Christmas.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

awesome glad you liked it!

artist for the print is irrezolut.com

2dcat is a goon

happy new year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

look at all those good stickers !!