Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Achmed Jones)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dans Macabre posted:

artist for the print is irrezolut.com

might get some stuff from them, thanks for posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

still haven't posted part two because my printer ran out of ink half way through printing the shipping label, but I'm getting there!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I thought I'd have to go to work to have thr label printed but turns out once I got the code I could just write it on the box and take it to the post office. Posti sucks rear end but at least they do something right. Who has a printer??

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I mean I have two dog matrix printers but...

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I took my package to office depot to ship

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
we looked at laser printers though.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

graph posted:

might get some stuff from them, thanks for posting

respect i know him from the powerful northern Virginia dnb scene 20 years ago

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

:siren: a package has arrived :siren:

will sort out some proper pictures later but some insane person shipped this half way round the entire world!

also I have my second part boxed and ready, should be able to get it posted Thursday and then I think it's like a 5 day delivery time, I'm gonna apologise again to the mystery person that is still waiting for something to turn up and explain the bit they (hopefully) already got

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You shipped the body of Alfredo Garcia before the head? Classic blunder!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i have received the yosgift! i will unbox after work!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

a large box came and included some wrapped gifts

card first

oh dope Canna Happy got me a second year in a row! loved your stuff last year, even the keycaps. card came with some gaben bux

first gift was a signed? copy of Show-Stopper! by G. Pascal Zachary, copywrite 1994. guna read all about the switch to 32bit!

shipmode is the greatest

second gift contained an altron gundam kit from 1995. i build the mecurius from the same line when i was 10!

gift 3 might be the most yospos thing i have ever received, a computer shopper guide from august 1997. this thing is thick as a phone book and is a loving time machine. just look at this

im the $4k laptop with 32mb of ram

gift 4 is Mealworms by Donna Schaffer. reading up on how to raise some for next year

:can:

gift 5 is a boob butt mousepad featuring Levi Ackerman from Attack on Titan. his fat cheeks will now caress my RSI plagued wrist

gift 6 was in the cardboard sleeve, a print of an acrylic painting of the infamous door stuck incident. absolutely going up on my wall!

Canna Happy you rule yet again! thanks so much!

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

that painting is incredible haha

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hahaha

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

The Phantom, exterior like fish eggs

faxlore
Sep 24, 2014

a blue star tattoo for you!

yosmas gift received. will post tomorrow!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

ok let me preface this by saying that this person is insane because it must have cost a fortune to ship all the way from goddamn Australia. I salute your dedication in committing to the result of ticking the "international shipping is ok" box.

first up, this weighed a ton, on opening we find:

a cool as hell book on Spomenik which are monuments to various things in eastern Europe. funnily enough my wife just bought me a calendar that features a few of these! gonna read this one!

anyway, there's this black thing below it that we'll come back to...

next up, yoscoffee. this smells excellent, perfect timing as I'm about to run out of beans. I will think about these beans for sure.

next, some chocolate and honey that is allegedly the best in the world

I think I've heard of this stuff, I've been to Australia twice so maybe then? Fun fact; it is illegal to import honey to Australia because of something to do with bees, but I guess there's no problem exporting their poison to the rest of us or something?

the jar here leaked a little bit (probably pressure from a cargo plane I'm guessing) so there was a sticky coating, holy poo poo imagine the carnage if it had broken.

ok the final black box mystery.

an entire goddamn mini PC case weighing like 7kg whoever you are, this is either the world's biggest packaging overkill (everything bar the book was inside it) or you're just crazy. this owns though, it even has extra sides.

I always wanted to build a mini pc back in the glory days of Shuttle machines with their wildly bad thermals (a friend recently built one with like a 4070rtx in it, it's probably a fire hazard). I think I might use this to build a console gaming machine, I guess these days I can probably just put a raspberry pi in there and run the whole thing on it but that's no fun, maybe one of those mini atx SOC boards or something.

also a penguin was jammed in there, is this a hint to install Linux? I refuse, and anyway console games are no good without sound.

so there we go, you absolute maniac :patriot:

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

ok let me preface this by saying that this person is insane because it must have cost a fortune to ship all the way from goddamn Australia. I salute your dedication in committing to the result of ticking the "international shipping is ok" box.

an entire goddamn mini PC case weighing like 7kg whoever you are, this is either the world's biggest packaging overkill (everything bar the book was inside it) or you're just crazy. this owns though, it even has extra sides.

Is that a Sliger sv540? That santa knows how to fuckin' gift.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Canna Happy posted:

Is that a Sliger sv540? That santa knows how to fuckin' gift.

a quick search says yes!

additional ideas on ridiculous use cases (lol) welcome!

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

finally shipped part 2, I think it's like 2-4 days quoted time. I have tracking so will update if needed.

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS
YESSSSSS

Thank u jimbos

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
oh great it arrived, so my original plan was foiled because the post office lady refused to fill out the customs form without a real name or phone number which is why i went to plan b - where i discovered there was a typo in the address you sent lol so it might not have arrived had it originally gone off without a hitch

dear yosfriends

it has been a time of reflection and staying the gently caress offline you know? went to the maritimes for early christmas, but it only started snowing here recently so otherwise its been quiet and grey which is great hoodie weather, much to graces delight

i received many and sundry gifts, and here shall i share them with you, completing the sacred yulepos contract

as santa is both smarter and nobler than i, they prepared two gifts, one to arrive pre and post the traditional hour

gift 1 arrived last year:

a mug, graced with the holy greenpos hue (my evening kitchen lights are very warm lol)

also

now to think about the silliest way to use these stickers.

following gift 1 came the time of soup, keeping us through the longest night

the days encroach, there are newer, fresher soups, when what! a second gift appears

first, well done catching this accidental loophole in your letter wherein you ask me to assassinate you. id keep an eye on what your subconscious is doing. have you gotten in touch lately? you know, shrooms are much more socially acceptable these days.

second. an incredible example of craftspersonship, this lovely necklace

i already have a necklace on but sure fashion is often about excess

a cute bird, an actual example of craftspersonship, now living on my tree (funny story the birds have wanted nothing to do with the christmas tree this year)

some locally roasted coffee, which is cool to see. i like checking out small time roasters and trying to think about how they did it differently than i might have.

santa correctly deduced how much i love calvin and hobbes (like many here i'm sure) and gave me a book! which is great because i don't have any printed out and this sort of thing is always fun to grab off a shelf periodically and leaf through.

thanks friends for another bountiful yosmas season

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

pretty obvious it was me given the massive delay in shipping I posted about (and I put my name on the letter anyway)

so hell yes I'm glad the mug printing turned out ok! that was the closest I could get to your birds with AI image creators, there are only so many prompts for "green cyber parrot" you can try

I said I'd ship some electrical junk, I nearly put e-waste on the customs form and I bet they didn't know what the gently caress if they x-rayed it or whatever.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

yosmas has arrived!

huh, never heard of this retailer

it's from faxlore! and it's a yo-yo!!! i am curious if this was a wild guess or if they did some serious internet detective work to figure it out. i actually do not have a yo-yo of this type. it is one that can be switched from "responsive" to "unresponsive". i have never had an "unresponsive" yo-yo before because they didn't exist when i learned yo-yo as a kid

a book about funy computer security, and a mug. the mug is huge, 15 ounces, large format for lots of bean water

a record! it is Bartees Strange's album Farm to Table. i have never heard of this guy so i am excited to give it a listen. bonus points for funy religious iconography

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sorry still haven't posted my presents, but I'm having the old person problem of "how the heck do I get these dang photographs from my phone to my computer".

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
a package has arrived! will open and document shortly

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Sorry still haven't posted my presents, but I'm having the old person problem of "how the heck do I get these dang photographs from my phone to my computer".

lol someone more shameful than me

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

lol someone more shameful than me

I got them! Turns out they wouldn't show up on my Google Drive because I'd set them up to sync up (or whatever the term is) with my Onedrive. One I didn't remember I had.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I got them! Turns out they wouldn't show up on my Google Drive because I'd set them up to sync up (or whatever the term is) with my Onedrive. One I didn't remember I had.

oh yeah OneDrive will gobble stuff up as much as it can. I couldn't find my GBs of camera photos on my machine until I realised that onedrive's backup shifted them all off to gently caress knows where

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
a present arrived from Finland!

there's a very kind note giving some explanations

there is a truly amazing amount of chocolate, confectionery and biscuits in here wrapped in dot matrix printer paper!

there's a tshirt for a cool pub in Finland which i feel obliged to visit now:

And a book too:

doggo has questions about her new bathtime pigduck:

thanks so much santa, this was genuinely exciting to open and Ive already eaten the fruit jelly things

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

that leopard licorice (?) looks like it's gonna gently caress you up, please report back

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

that leopard licorice (?) looks like it's gonna gently caress you up, please report back

i thought it might be the lethal one but its not too bad actually.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

a present arrived from Finland!

there's a very kind note giving some explanations

there is a truly amazing amount of chocolate, confectionery and biscuits in here wrapped in dot matrix printer paper!

there's a tshirt for a cool pub in Finland which i feel obliged to visit now:

And a book too:

doggo has questions about her new bathtime pigduck:

thanks so much santa, this was genuinely exciting to open and Ive already eaten the fruit jelly things

i like that the jaffa cakes helpfully tell you that they're green ball flavoured

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

probably more helpful than the mysterious "Jim" flavoured ones

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

probably more helpful than the mysterious "Jim" flavoured ones

nah im delicious

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Not the present, just me being a drat moron and spending minutes to stuff the parcel into a bag that really was too small. So I had to spend more minutes trying to extract it from the bag without tearing it:

Instructions were to open from the side without labels. LEEEEROOOOYYY JENKIIIIINS!

Whoa I've always wanted healthy hair!

This was the present. I ate it and now I have lush hair!

Thanks, Santa!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh wait there was more stuff.

Some really nice stickers that I will now stress over because WHAT IF I ADHERE THEM TO THE WRONG THING?!??

A stylish card with a nice note:

Wrapped gifts! (I forgot to wrap my gifts :negative:)

Cool cat doing a GOP salute:

https://i.imgur.com/7KHCfcd.mp4

(JK )

Sweets!

I ate them in one sitting. They were salty! The toffee was very smooth and not as sticky as I feared.

One of those things that means the same as another thing:

I eat synonym every morning with my porridge. Haven't opened the seal on this yet.

And the piss de resistance!

This is the second time I've gotten an embroidered picture for YOSMAS (or whatever the technique is called). Gonna put this on my desk once I tidy it up.

Bonus picture of the toffees about ten minutes before their demise:

Thanks again, Santa!

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 15, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I only noticed after the fact that the chocolate thing was meant to be stirred into a hot drink. I ate it like a lollipop. So sue me,.

e: I'd put the cat on the window but it would literally freeze at night lmao.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 15, 2024

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

A stylish card with a nice note:
If I was an artist in any regard, the creepy hands would have been added. I did try, but it didn't work out to say the very least.

quote:

Cool cat doing a GOP salute:

https://i.imgur.com/7KHCfcd.mp4

(JK )
YOSPOS said to send you a cat, so I felt obligated. Since the baby wouldn't make it through international customs, I settled on a lucky cat since iirc you posted about enjoying Control (an excellent video game).

quote:

And the piss de resistance!

This is the second time I've gotten an embroidered picture for YOSMAS (or whatever the technique is called). Gonna put this on my desk once I tidy it up.
I'm glad you like it! :toot:

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I only noticed after the fact that the chocolate thing was meant to be stirred into a hot drink. I ate it like a lollipop. So sue me,.
:patriot:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ladyweapon posted:

If I was an artist in any regard, the creepy hands would have been added. I did try, but it didn't work out to say the very least.

I'd imagine the animation would be the hardest bit.

ladyweapon posted:

YOSPOS said to send you a cat, so I felt obligated. Since the baby wouldn't make it through international customs, I settled on a lucky cat since iirc you posted about enjoying Control (an excellent video game).

Had YOSPOS said to send me a 400-pound gorilla, the world would be a very different place right now.

ladyweapon posted:

I'm glad you like it! :toot:

Did I already mention it got 52 "likes" on the local Commodore Facebook page? (I think that's pretty much every user on there.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

So who was the best santa this year and then can we snipe and close the thread: