Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

wwe clearly knows what people want. Because they love to tease that they are going to give you the exact thing you want just to snatch it away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

wrong thread

Ringo Roadagain fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 19, 2024

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
anyway

ready to hoot and holler at dynasty this sunday night hell yeah

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dave and busters around the corner from my house is holding an AEW Dynasty viewing party so i will be doing that

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
dynasty is gonna be so loving good I'm so goddamn stoked to watch wrestling

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

dynasty is gonna be so loving good I'm so goddamn stoked to watch wrestling

the trios match (not the bcg/acclaimed) is the sleeper imo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

But Saturday

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1781173299566743997

And TK def understands our needs

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1781170774612603185

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

hes doing it. hes booking the fabled Weed Match.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
The card for Dynasty is so good I’ve booked the Monday off work so i can watch live until 5am. Genuinely not a bad match on the main card except maybe Storm/Rosa and even then I’m optimistic.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Small part of me thinks it'd be funny if it was a dimebag ladder match

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

god drat saturday is so packed I gotta catch it. I don't usually watch rampage or collision.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I find myself regularly hooting and hollering at Collision, it has a very different feeling from Dynamite but a welcome one. This is gonna be a drat good three hours.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Shard posted:

god drat saturday is so packed I gotta catch it. I don't usually watch rampage or collision.

I know you said it’s movie night with your wife but hear me out: what if instead it was A-Show night with your wife?

I’m not your wife but if I was I would have the biggest crush on you for making A-Show night I’m just saying.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

a dumb moron posted:

I know you said it’s movie night with your wife but hear me out: what if instead it was A-Show night with your wife?

I’m not your wife but if I was I would have the biggest crush on you for making A-Show night I’m just saying.

My partner totally enjoys it. Saturday nights all right for fighting

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My wife does not care for wrestling. She will tolerate it. But she will make fun of stupid poo poo. She called CM Punk a whiny bitch when his podcast came out with Colt Cabana. And anytime she hears something new she's just like, I told you I told you years ago lol

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Shard posted:

My wife does not care for wrestling. She will tolerate it. But she will make fun of stupid poo poo. She called CM Punk a whiny bitch when his podcast came out with Colt Cabana. And anytime she hears something new she's just like, I told you I told you years ago lol

Shard's wife was always right

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Shard posted:

no lies detected

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

My daughter is going to a state Tumbling competition on Saturday, and when we get back on Sunday, we're watching Dynasty. Hooting AND Hollering all weekend now.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

super macho dude posted:

My daughter is going to a state Tumbling competition on Saturday, and when we get back on Sunday, we're watching Dynasty. Hooting AND Hollering all weekend now.

hell yeah

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

super macho dude posted:

Will Ospreay is good at tumbling, is your daughter Will Ospreay? Otherwise, does she aspire to be Will Ospreay?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Majinfoose posted:

Will Ospreay is good at tumbling, is your daughter Will Ospreay? Otherwise, does she aspire to be Will Ospreay?

She started doing gymnastics, then once I introduced her to pro wrestling, she made the switch to tumbling. Coincidence? Maybe... Her favorite wrestler is Kris Statlander, so she's already working on destroying her knees

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shard posted:

only thing I got on the schedule is taking the kids bowling and blazing with the homies. 4/20 is for victory

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
the thing about AEW is Tony Khan did the crazy plan of "what if I got all the greatest wrestlers and then put them in the ring and gave them time and told them to just do what they do"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rob Van Dam won a 4/20 themed match on 4/20 with the booth (ok, just Nigel) rapidfiring weed jokes

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

Rob Van Dam won a 4/20 themed match on 4/20 with the booth (ok, just Nigel) rapidfiring weed jokes

He's on a seaweed diet!!!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Update: my kid qualified in all three State tumbling events, placing top 3 in each, setting her up (the iggy) to now go to Nationals (the office).

Now for a three hour drive back home to catch the pape (hooting & hollering)

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

super macho dude posted:

Update: my kid qualified in all three State tumbling events, placing top 3 in each, setting her up (the iggy) to now go to Nationals (the office).

Congrats to the little Super Macho Dudette

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

super macho dude posted:

Congrats!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
It's TVs Matt Sydal!

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
feeling is back

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Don’t call it a come back. We’ve been here for years

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There was much hooting and hollering last night. Almost everything on the show delivered. Lots of sensible booking, the right person or persons went over in almost everything, and AEW has a clear path to the next champ while we're basking in the new ones light

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

New aew watcher question, can you sort of watch the ppvs and get the best out of it? Or is this one of those orgs where title changes happen in tv?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I hooted and i hollered

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Ulio posted:

New aew watcher question, can you sort of watch the ppvs and get the best out of it? Or is this one of those orgs where title changes happen in tv?

Sometimes belts change hands on TV. One thing I like about AEW is that they tend to keep the quality up across most TV, even if the PPVs are another step above. They sometimes fall into holding patterns, but that's based on unexpected circumstances - not the old methodology of just using TV as advertisement for the PPV events.

I'd recommend watching regular if you can. How else will you experience the joy of choosing a weird mid-carder to get weirdly invested in?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Ulio posted:

The PPVs are always great but it's a TV show that is worth following every week, and they do a lot of long builds and callbacks to reward attentive viewers. You also get a LOT of great matches every week and yes, titles can change hands on the weekly shows. There's Dynamite on TBS on Wednesdays as their flagship show and Collision on Saturdays on TNT as their secondary, slower-paced show. Both usually great. There's also Rampage as a quick hour of wrestling on Fridays that usually has lower stakes matches but it's pretty fun too.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

CaptainApathyUK posted:

How else will you experience the joy of choosing a weird mid-carder to get weirdly invested in?

This is the best way to watch wrestling btw.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
That oscutter getting countered by the busaiku knee was loving filthy and if you weren't on your feet hollering over it then idk man maybe wrestling isn't for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Ulio posted:

Many Dynamites and Collisions are the quality of the best PPVs from past eras. But you can probably just watch the papes as they're running nearly every month.