Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Ulio posted:

New aew watcher question, can you sort of watch the ppvs and get the best out of it? Or is this one of those orgs where title changes happen in tv?

Like everyone else said, AEW isn't the kind of promotion that does title changes on TV all the time, but it does put really good matches on TV pretty regularly. They aren't kidding when they call themselves the wrestling company. If it's a matter of your time and how much wrestling you want to watch in the first place, watching just the PPVs is fine. But if it's because you don't trust them to put out good stuff, give the weekly shows a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya I am sure it's good but it's a time thing for me. I don't watch any weekly stuff. I'll see how it goes, I will try to atleast check one episode out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ulio posted:

Ya I am sure it's good but it's a time thing for me. I don't watch any weekly stuff. I'll see how it goes, I will try to atleast check one episode out.

I usually only watch dynamite and that's enough to keep me all caught up

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Or you can be a true sicko and follow the midcarders, Joshi, and Lucha show, Rampage, only

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Yeah, if you have limited time, just watch Dynamite, and check out the other shows if something peaks your interests.
I'm a sicko and watch everything every week. IT'S GREAT

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
I went to a TV taping recently and saw Sting win a title!

I wouldn't call AEW TV "can't miss" all the time, but when it's good it's freaking good. Even when belts aren't changing hands you get insane matches like Shibata vs Osperay, Claudio vs Osperay...wait I'm noticing a trend here

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i’m re-enlisting in the aew defense force

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i’m re-enlisting in the aew defense force

welcome home brother. You're first mission is to go undercover and watch raw live and write up a report. It's due on my desk by EOB tomorrow

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Still thinking about Dynasty

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

welcome home brother. You're first mission is to go undercover and watch raw live and write up a report. It's due on my desk by EOB tomorrow

i am deserting

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

We're probably getting the Motor City Machine Guns coming in some time this year. What the gently caress. :psyduck:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

We're probably getting the Motor City Machine Guns coming in some time this year. What the gently caress. :psyduck:

bruh, motor city machine guns vs bucks, vs ftr, vs lucha bros, vs bcc, vs don callis family, vs house of black, vs stp. we gonna be eating good

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Ulio posted:

it's pretty common for peeps to pick 1 or 2 out of the 3 weekly shows to follow depending on work schedules/time zones/etc. Dynamite is original Wed show and is clearly the one they book most angles continuing on, Rampage is on Fri and is only an hour long and feels like it's roughly 10 minutes due to a very fast pace, and Collision is the Sat show which is two hours has some story and is typically focused on workrate and longer more involved matches. AEW is much better than it used to be at keeping more informal viewers updated via commentary/promos/etc so it's not nearly as required as it used to be to see everything regularly to stay caught up.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Dynamite's for the normals; Collision is for the sickos; Rampage is for the freaks.

They're all good dogs, Brent.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

There's also nothing wrong with recording the shows and fast forwarding through them to catch the story beats.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

it's pretty common for peeps to pick 1 or 2 out of the 3 weekly shows to follow depending on work schedules/time zones/etc. Dynamite is original Wed show and is clearly the one they book most angles continuing on, Rampage is on Fri and is only an hour long and feels like it's roughly 10 minutes due to a very fast pace, and Collision is the Sat show which is two hours has some story and is typically focused on workrate and longer more involved matches. AEW is much better than it used to be at keeping more informal viewers updated via commentary/promos/etc so it's not nearly as required as it used to be to see everything regularly to stay caught up.

That's good to hear, it's not just wrestling weekly but even shows which I don't watch weekly. I am more of a one off or binge type consumer of media.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

IMO, if you want an all-timer PPV recommendation, All Out(2021) is still peak.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

SethSeries posted:

That's a funny way to spell Revolution (2020).

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SethSeries posted:

Revolution from this year is also amazing.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Listen, I was at All Out 21. I'm rockin that bias.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I legit have trouble ranking the aw pay-per-views. I'm always very happy with the final product. I think there was one that felt bad and I think it was the one where mjf fought. Jay White. Other than that, every pay-per-view is better than every single pay-per-view in American wrestling since my childhood.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shard posted:

I legit have trouble ranking the aw pay-per-views. I'm always very happy with the final product. I think there was one that felt bad and I think it was the one where mjf fought. Jay White. Other than that, every pay-per-view is better than every single pay-per-view in American wrestling since my childhood.

this is kind of where i'm at too. its all so good, comparing different shows to one another doesnt really matter to me anymore. its just a treat to be able to see all of this as it happens.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm at work in dirty clothes and no sleep the PPV was so good.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

still thinking about bryan and ospreays final samurai duel. goat match

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

AEW usually has a YouTube summary of what led to that night's matches and stories too on the day of the show.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
AEW's best PPV is always whatever one i last watched

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

AEW's best PPV is always whatever one i last watched
Except for that one where mjf came back in an ambulance

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

Except for that one where mjf came back in an ambulance

lol things i blocked out of my brain

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

i liked the ambulance angle

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Every time AEW drops a near-perfect pape like Dynasty, I feel relieved I wasn't duped into believing WWE is good now and that AEW is dying because of ratings.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Joey McChrist posted:

still thinking about bryan and ospreays final samurai duel. goat match

Bryan died last night, but don't worry, he'll be back in a week or so to book the dream match of Bryan Danielson vs mid-90s era Misawa and if you think that's an impossible booking, you clearly don't have faith in the power of Bryan's love for Pro Wrestling

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Shard posted:

bruh, motor city machine guns vs bucks, vs ftr, vs lucha bros, vs bcc, vs don callis family, vs house of black, vs stp. we gonna be eating good

Also, please consider Mark Briscoe for a baller trios run.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Every time AEW drops a near-perfect pape like Dynasty, I feel relieved I wasn't duped into believing WWE is good now and that AEW is dying because of ratings.

Is this joy I feel what Fed-Pilled fans felt after WM40?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

remembering that busaiku knee counter to the oscutter, and smiling

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

haunted bong posted:

Dual Monarchy
Feb 20, 2013

haunted bong posted:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I can't believe they really did recreate the poster. God it was so sick

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

haunted bong posted:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

haunted bong posted:

Someone please gif it so I can stare at it, wide-eyed and slackjawed even more than usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

super macho dude posted:

Someone please gif it so I can stare at it, wide-eyed and slackjawed even more than usual