Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

I miss Abadon's more gross aesthetic but the Bull Nakano direction they're going in is awesome. It might make them easier to book more regularly too, even though I didn't think keeping them on TV as a zombie would be all that hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

Tampa Bae posted:

They dressed up as Spawn for the halloween match tho

I know, and it ruled! In general their hair and makeup designs are showing more of a Bull influence recently, which I think is cool.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

While it can be frustrating sometimes, I like the chaotic feel of AEW programming. It's a natural consequence of weekly live programming that isn't as insanely micromanaged as WWE was at its worst, and sometimes things are overlooked and rushed and burdened by production errors, but the peaks and valleys of live wrestling TV add to the excitement for me. That, along with the match variety and clashes of styles, is what made WCW fun before Russo totally ruined it; there was a spark of madness to it that was missing from wrestling when WCW folded. AEW brought that back for me and it seriously feels like I get to eat ice cream for dinner three times a week now.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

I really like the influx of luchadors we've been seeing in AEW lately and I hope the trios titles become the "insane 6-to-8 minute lucha spotfest" titles at some point. Also, we need some old fat immobile lucha referees for additional melodrama.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

Oil! posted:

I will not stand for this assault on Pepe Casas' character, but only because he is not in AEW. If he were I would cheer every thigh slap count because he doesn't want to go to the mat.

Look, I have lovely knees too, I get it. I just think people who complain about AEW refs having no authority should get a chance to see the gold standard in officiating that's both corrupt and incompetent. It rules.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

coconono posted:

Jake feed lines to Vincent(the same way Sting feeds lines to Darby) is gonna be great TV. I'm ready for him to level up his "faked vegan for instagram clout" lookin character.

Both him and Bill Carr are dudes you feel instant regret meeting in public restrooms. Just unsettling.

Unlike Orange Cassidy, whom you would hardly notice because hes chill af.

I don't know if they can be rebuilt after losing 2-on-1 in a comedy match to MJF, but one thing they do need is for someone to sit down with them and say okay, what is your characters' motivation, what the gently caress are you talking about, and how does it relate to wrestling matches. Jake's as good a person to do that as any.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

A Fancy Hat posted:

That was one of the best return matches I've ever seen. No ring rust, no confidence issues, she just went out there and kicked rear end.

Made it even weirder when Alvarez said the match wasn't very good.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

Shard posted:

I think it'll get lost in the amazingness that was the ladder match and the deathmatch but the three way dance for the tbs title was my favorite womens match of the year and one of the best three way matches that AEW has ever done.

The whole pape was great. Every match was different and really the MJF melodrama wasn't some radical departure from how stupid wrestling normally is. Plus, I thought he had really good chemistry with Switch.

Also man, Toni and Shida were beating the poo poo out of each other, it owned.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

graph posted:

nigel has been on a goddamn tear

Madness eventually claims every AEW commentator and they're always better for it.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

Shard posted:

you say that but Jack Perry has almost always gotten a hot response from the crowd for just showing up. He's pretty loved by most the audience. Famous SA poster JUNGLE BOY excluded of course.

It's funny that the opposition to Perry as the devil is his mic work compared to MJF when everyone here hates what MJF's been doing for the past month or so.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

I liked the Kangaroo Kick and double clothesline stuff. More wrestlers should be trying to pop fans with simple things that carry little risk of injury. His reign as a whole suffered from TK's unwillingness to pivot, but I prefer this MJF to the guy who made everyone run gauntlets.

fake edit: it's also tradition for internet wrestling fans to demand something and then turn on it the second they get what they want.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

They should also promote the shows and matches somewhere besides X and start booking guys to win in their hometowns again.

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

shiksa posted:

its me, im the fan who thinks that daily's place is a cool venue for wrestling and has a historical tie to aew that is worth commemorating and doing hype poo poo for. once they figured out how to substitute a crowd in a kayfabe-retaining way, idk i enjoyed covid era aew a lot and bte was never better than that time and it was a rare bright spot of life during that time. maybe the audio sucks in the arena, its an outdoor auditorium i would not be surprised if it does. i dont really care, whatever, i like it. the american kouraken hall.

Agreed! Too many arenas all look the same on TV anyway, at least Daily's has some personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher

GIT R DONNE

Sandman from ECW posted:

Remember Orange Cassidy/Matt Taven and that rad table bump?

That match ruled. I'd also put the first OC v Fenix match and the second OC v Penta match up there with anything else AEW has put on TV.