Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I hated the Rugrats as a kid with a passion, the show was so loving boring and ugly and almost never funny. Cannot understand how people have such a strong nostalgia trip for it.

The Office is another one, could never understand how people loved such an unfunny show, hey look Steve Carell said/did something that would be uncouth in an office setting, now John Krasinski is gonna say something witty and look at the camera for the 10,000th time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Modern Family.

I once asked my brother why he likes it.
He said something like "There's a really funny joke in Season 4 episode 3".

I'm not watching 4 seasons of a comedy show to find one single joke.

Same for Schitts Creek.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
any of those singing or talent reality shows (American Idol, Masked Singer, The Voice, America's Got Talent, X Factor, Dancing with the Stars etc.)

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

TontoCorazon posted:

and look at the camera for the 10,000th time.

I think this is the show's answer to not wanting a 'live studio audience' but still wanting to be popular with a crowd that needed to be told when to laugh.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
The entire marvel world.

I've never seen so much media made with so much money with so few risks taken in any direction, and with so little to actually say.

Yes, I hate fun.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

pro starcraft loser posted:

I think this is the show's answer to not wanting a 'live studio audience' but still wanting to be popular with a crowd that needed to be told when to laugh.

I hate it

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ted Lasso. Watched maybe 3 minutes of the first episode and gave up.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I love all the shows (or any media) that everybody seems to love. theyre good.. and im tired of pretending they're not

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Not sure if anyone even still watches that poo poo now we all got the internet but pretty much everything on British TV is offensively poo poo (except for 1-2 good comedies they used to make a year but it’s been many moons since I heard of a new one)

https://youtu.be/WjnmzljtREk

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

The entire marvel world.

I've never seen so much media made with so much money with so few risks taken in any direction, and with so little to actually say.

Yes, I hate fun.
it's people who like them who hate fun

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

The entire marvel world.

Yes, I hate fun.

I just get annoyed at all the "What you have to know before seeing the 50th Avengers movie" articles, I don't wanna do homework for this poo poo. "OH YOU DIDN'T STICK AROUND FOR THE FOURTH POST-CREDITS SCENE AFTER THOR 2? YOU'RE hosed BUDDY!!!"

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I don't think everybody loves it but apparently enough to bring it back again.

Advertisements for Frasier straight up piss me off, I can't imagine what it's like to actually watch that show. Who watches this?

Most shows with laugh tracks.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The LotR movies. I've never made it through one without falling asleep. To be fair the source material sucked, too.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

haljordan posted:

Ted Lasso. Watched maybe 3 minutes of the first episode and gave up.

Completely understandable. It stays like that the whole show and I hate watched it until season 3 started. Ended up being an even bigger Sudekis fan and still get annoyed thinking about how glycerine everything is. The plots are more convenient than a marvel movie.

Love the concept, great acting, loving hilarious mental health jokes, and I would love Mr Lasso for a coach. Everything else about it feels like a distilled version of reality like a barbie movie.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I don't hate much of anything, rather, I've just not seen a ton of things. The Office, Community, Parks and Rec, etc. I'm sure they're good, I just missed them.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The news. Any news, local or national. I am of a sufficiently old cohort of people that if you say you avoid watching the news it's treated as the equivalent of actively avoiding information and people recoil. I haven't seen a news program in decades that contained information, and I've never found myself as the last person to know [important thing] because I didn't catch it on a news show.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
I really dislike the SparQ drive. I lost a really good song I made in college due to the media corrupting somehow. (head crash, debris, oxidation)

SyQuest project head: "HEY LETS PUT A WINCHESTER TYPE MEDIA INSIDE A BIT OF PLASTIC THAT GETS EXPOSED TO DEBRIS ON THE REG"

*gets promoted*

*gets to go on stage with jimmy buffet for being promoted*

*causes some people who didn't back up mild inconveniences*

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Serious_Cyclone posted:

The news. Any news, local or national. I am of a sufficiently old cohort of people that if you say you avoid watching the news it's treated as the equivalent of actively avoiding information and people recoil. I haven't seen a news program in decades that contained information, and I've never found myself as the last person to know [important thing] because I didn't catch it on a news show.

Same. I haven't watched anything that small segments of the local news in many years. Yet I think I'm fully informed by reading a couple of newspapers and other general internet reading.

Cable news feels like poison.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Mad Men was dumb as poo poo. gently caress your smoking and your hats and your misogyny

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

redshirt posted:

I don't hate much of anything, rather, I've just not seen a ton of things. The Office, Community, Parks and Rec, etc. I'm sure they're good, I just missed them.

Oh god you reminded me of Parks and Rec too, goddamn that show is terrible. I don't understand how people like that show when almost everybody on it are annoying and awful people

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

TontoCorazon posted:

Oh god you reminded me of Parks and Rec too, goddamn that show is terrible. I don't understand how people like that show when almost everybody on it are annoying and awful people
im the person who bases my entire personality on nick offerman and/or aubrey plaza's character

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I Think You Should Leave is unfunny dogshit, just absolutely unbearable to watch. Oh look there’s a weird guy in a mall haha omg let’s train the camera on him for an hour how random lol

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GolfHole posted:

Same for Schitts Creek.

I cannot believe how many people were into this.

It's like Arrested Development but they took out all the jokes.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

The office, parks and rec, the police one. gently caress those shows. Can't stand that style of mockumentry camera work, it annoys the poo poo out of me. And gently caress I like Mockumentary poo poo but those shows do it so wrong

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Sports. 100% not interested, like watching paint dry.

Pink Floyd + Radiohead. Whiny poo poo without any redeeming qualities.

2001. Kubrick’s only bad movie.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

I Think You Should Leave is unfunny dogshit, just absolutely unbearable to watch. Oh look there’s a weird guy in a mall haha omg let’s train the camera on him for an hour how random lol

Don't give me reasons to not like you buddy!!

I can understand some skits on that show being to much but there's alot of gold there too.

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Oh yeah sports gotta be sports

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Saalkin posted:

Don't give me reasons to not like you buddy!!

I can understand some skits on that show being to much but there's alot of gold there too.

They should put the good skits up first instead of making me sit through the bad ones.

In all seriousness though, I get this weird vibe from the show, like an anxiety almost as I wait for the joke. Maybe that’s the goal but I don’t want to be anxious watching comedy.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Arson Daily posted:

Mad Men was dumb as poo poo. gently caress your smoking and your hats and your misogyny

gently caress misogyny was pretty much the entire point of the show dude

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

marvel/superheroes
family guy/adjacent
new starwars
probably a million other things

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

TontoCorazon posted:

The Office is another one, could never understand how people loved such an unfunny show, hey look Steve Carell said/did something that would be uncouth in an office setting, now John Krasinski is gonna say something witty and look at the camera for the 10,000th time.

Same but with UK Office Ricky Gervais. Could never see the appeal of that man.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Grey Cat posted:

marvel/superheroes
family guy/adjacent
new starwars
probably a million other things

this basically

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Grey Cat posted:

new starwars

Disney succeeded in what George Lucas could never quite achieve: making me dislike Star Wars. My nieces are all about it, and I can at least talk to them about the original films so that's nice. But I can't force myself to watch The Mandalorian or any of the (I'm assuming) dozen or so movies that have come out under the Disney label.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like American Dad but yeah Family Guy can die now please.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The Good Place was a novel and mostly cool show but I really really hated that Jason character. The lines and how they were delivered was like a stereotype of a mentally challenged person but he was just a dumb guy and god he just sucked.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Disney succeeded in what George Lucas could never quite achieve: making me dislike Star Wars. My nieces are all about it, and I can at least talk to them about the original films so that's nice. But I can't force myself to watch The Mandalorian or any of the (I'm assuming) dozen or so movies that have come out under the Disney label.

The thing that made me stop watching Star Wars was the discourse around Star Wars just becoming so insufferable, and Disney tripping over itself like a terrible parent just shoving an interchangeable pallet of sloppy quickly made half-baked poo poo in front of the kid who won't stop crying ever and hates every configuration it comes in and then throwing it all in the trash and going "WHAT DO YOU WAAAAAANT?!" in exasperation was just too much.

Kill Star Wars completely, please. If only to make Star Wars fans shut the gently caress up.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug
The expanse.

Watched a season of it, thought it was boring and didn't give a poo poo about the characters.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
sports are boring as poo poo. It's one thing to play a sport and another thing to watch it, especially when you're watching two teams you're absolutely not invested in for any reason. And even then!!

Lots of people love Diddy Kong Racing, but that game made my blood boil as a kid. To this day, it's the only game that has made me angry enough to throw controllers. Cheating bastard racers :argh:

Maybe that belongs in the "unpopular game opinions" thread, whatever!!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
theres this Wolf Blitzer guy - just can't stand him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

gently caress misogyny was pretty much the entire point of the show dude

I watched 15 mins of one episode. Idc what the message is I'm just yelling at clouds here