Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

More terrible media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Superbowl commercials. Don't hate them; I'm apathetic. It is weird to me that one of our big "cultural moments" is watching corporate ads during a sporting event, though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Superbowl commercials. Don't hate them; I'm apathetic. It is weird to me that one of our big "cultural moments" is watching corporate ads during a sporting event, though.

They peaked with the Bud Bowl.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Two corporations owned by billionaires battling for clout interspersed with numerous other corporations owned by a multitude of billionaires battling for clout

They sell you poison while you watch young men damage their brains and bodies

pLaYofFs?!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Monstaland posted:

Podcasts are delicious, i can't watch videos, read books or play video games while cooking, cleaning or pretending being productive at the office, it's great mixing it with the other delicious thing you can do while doing these things namely listening to music

Yeah I like them a lot especially as the low barriers to production mean more niche topics can find an audience without needing to go through a network or find sponsors. One of my favorites had a side show riffing on the old D&D monster manuals & that was fun.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Randallteal posted:

I don't find Jon Hamm funny at all. He's fine in Mad Men, but any time he starts mugging to the camera and making wacky faces it's the worst. His whole shtick is basically George Clooney but not as good (or handsome).
I'm gonna curse your rear end with Sergio.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Monstaland posted:

Podcasts are delicious, i can't watch videos, read books or play video games while cooking, cleaning or pretending being productive at the office, it's great mixing it with the other delicious thing you can do while doing these things namely listening to music
Do you not like music?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

And there are people on this planet that watch the Super Bowl not for the game, but specifically for the commercials.

Like, they’re probably already uploaded on YouTube if one wants to watch them for whatever reason, but to only watch the big game for something everyone else skips is just nuts.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Oldstench posted:

Do you not like music?

*putting on my 1970s headphones and intensely concentrating on the wall while I throw on a record

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I have never listened to Taylor Swift.

I have never watched Rick and Morty.

I don't hate either of these, I'm just not interested.

My guilty pleasure is that I love to read Heinlein's adolescent science fiction (Red Planet,The Star Beast,Citizen of The Galaxy,Time For The Stars), before his brain melted.

e: I love Starship Troopers. The movie, not the book. The book has, uh, one or two problems.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 11, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I don't like those long-snouted dogs that are for some reason becoming trendy right now. Borzois. They're fuckin weird looking and in two years there's going to be tons of borzoi puppies being put to sleep because of ~ the way trendy dog breeding is. I'd never even seen one of these in real life, now I'm seeing puppy mills advertising an "upcoming litter" in the neighboring redneck fuckin town. gently caress breeders.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Borzois are Greyhound-sized but they have luxurious hair

afghans even more

borzoi

afghan

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 11, 2024

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's fine if it means fewer breeders of pugs and chihuahuas and other tortured genetic mistakes brought to you by papa Nurgle (I assume borzois have their own problems, but those can't be worse than pugs')

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I mean, yeah, I guess that's kind of a positive spin on it.

Growing up, my uncle and aunt had pugs, the most mangled and deformed kind, the kind that are so cute as they gasp for life with every single breath :(

e: borzois are still weird looking though, and the long haired ones even moreso

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

That dog looks like Jason Schwartzman

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Oldstench posted:

Do you not like music?

I do, i am fairly sure i said so

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

The Canine League

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's the only place in US culture where aa short film will be seen by a wide audience. The cost is that the film has to also be a corporate piece of poo poo.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Monstaland posted:

I do, i am fairly sure i said so
Huh, look at that. I even quoted it. I gotta stop taking those rear end in a top hat pills

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This dog just turned me down for coffee.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Outside of working breeds, I really dislike purebreds. Don't get me wrong, I want all current purebreds to live long and happy lives because dogs are unironically the closest things to objective good in existence. We just shouldn't make more of them.

Also cat breed standards are better. "This is a seal point Siamese 'cause like, look at it."

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

MrQwerty posted:

Borzois are Greyhound-sized but they have luxurious hair

afghans even more

borzoi

afghan

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

You Are A Werewolf posted:

And there are people on this planet that watch the Super Bowl not for the game, but specifically for the commercials.

Like, they’re probably already uploaded on YouTube if one wants to watch them for whatever reason, but to only watch the big game for something everyone else skips is just nuts.

I used to, long before youtube was a thing but, as with the Oscars and Grammys, I was a kid when I last gave a care about any of that crap and I didn’t know any better. Mostly because I wanted to make my own commercials and radio/tv programs and the like. Never cared about the game itself though, except for like the one year when the 49ers smashed John Elway’s Broncos’ assholes in. gently caress John Elway and his dumb horse teeth.

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More
I feel bad saying it but I really don’t like the PYF comics thread. It used to be my favorite before it became a dump for people to post long form serial comics. Before that, if there a lemon, you could just scroll to the next one and there was a good signal to noise ratio. Now, if you don’t like a comic, you have to regularly scroll past whoever’s posting it.

Half of this is my short attention span and the other is being picky. For a while I could just put people on ignore and read the long form comics I could get into. But eventually, it got so bad that pages would go by with just ignored users. Then those posters would post outside the thread and I’d have to keep showing their posts manually (they weren’t bad posters!).

No shade against the people who like achewood, Thorsby, and Donald Duck comics :shrug: It’s just a drag when they end up dominating the thread.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I get it, I used to post there all the time forever ago but it got to the point where I’d have to spend a whole lunch hour just to get caught up, and I just don’t have that kind of time. It was still a good thread but it was too much of a commitment.

Now the politoons thread, I had to leave that behind because the anger with what half of America actually believes got to be too much. Hell, compared to nowadays, it was probably still p. quaint too

Mike Ramirez posted:

DEBT

But I don’t think very many people like that media, let alone love it, so I’ll just move on now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

root beer posted:

Now the politoons thread, I had to leave that behind because the anger with what half of America actually believes got to be too much. Hell, compared to nowadays, it was probably still p. quaint too

Lol Ben Garrison got COVID, went on a beet juice diet, and then his style just switched to his wife imitating him one day without a word

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Lurk Ethic posted:

I feel bad saying it but I really don’t like the PYF comics thread. It used to be my favorite before it became a dump for people to post long form serial comics. Before that, if there a lemon, you could just scroll to the next one and there was a good signal to noise ratio. Now, if you don’t like a comic, you have to regularly scroll past whoever’s posting it.

Half of this is my short attention span and the other is being picky. For a while I could just put people on ignore and read the long form comics I could get into. But eventually, it got so bad that pages would go by with just ignored users. Then those posters would post outside the thread and I’d have to keep showing their posts manually (they weren’t bad posters!).

No shade against the people who like achewood, Thorsby, and Donald Duck comics :shrug: It’s just a drag when they end up dominating the thread.

:same:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

GolfHole posted:

pretty much all lyrics to every song are dumb as hell and its amazing people aren't embarrassed to be singing them

Except for Baby Got Back of course.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Lurk Ethic posted:

And me too. PYF cartoons used to be a must read but had long become dominated by people hate-posting awful comics or dutifully posting some mediocre epic while excusing themselves "dunno if anyone is reading this, so I'll just post the next three volumes and the small press, should be done by 2026"

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Afghan w(h)ig.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Worf posted:

pennywise is against human rights

gently caress authority

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I don’t exactly know why, but every video with ASMR makes my skin crawl.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Oldstench posted:

Do you not like music?

Oh I can answer this one. I like music, love it in fact, which is why I can't listen to it while working on things bc it distracts me.

Meanwhile someone droning on about a topic is easy to listen to and I can slot it it onto a lower tier in my attention hierarchy and move along with my day.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Honestly I kinda hate hearing sound, all it is is just air molecules vibrating back and forth

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Honestly I kinda hate hearing sound, all it is is just air molecules vibrating back and forth

i hate smelling ur rear end

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Worf posted:

i hate smelling ur rear end

I mean also just a lot of air molecules vibrating back and forth.

Maybe you both just dislike air molecules getting a bit of exercises.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Putting the poo particles aside for a moment, some goons may actually have misophonia.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Misorrhea

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I have misophilia

I could use a bowl of miso right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lobok posted:

Putting the poo particles aside for a moment, some goons may actually have misophonia.

I got misophonia and called a lawyer from the TV.