Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Was thinking about how much I loving hate the Colts uniforms even without the context that Peyton Manning destroyed my team wearing them, and that had me thinking about a lot of jersys, and while this is more of an offseason idea, gently caress it, it's the night before Halloween, let's get nuts. You can add your own or flame my ideas if you want, don't give a poo poo, this just needs to exit my brain.

Ravens - Striking black mixed in with a purple/yellow combo I really like, but I always feel like the black kinda suffocates the brighter colors in the uniform. Not terrible. B

Bengals - Something very Nineties about the uniform, but I like that, it's the right kind of busyness. Good orange, cool stripes, I like a lot. A

Browns - Feels very Randomly Generated Team, and not in a good way. Lackluster, and brown is a difficult color to work with for me, and Cleveland doesn't succeed. D

Steelers - The bumblebee look is striking, I'll give it that, but it's so much black that it kinda muddles it. I keep thinking there's brown in the uniform, and there isn't. C

Bills - Bland blue, bland red, kinda washed out, but nothing overtly offensive. C

Dolphins - Like this light turquois a lot, very fresh, invigorating, orange accents are fun. Big fan, classic look. A

Patriots - Everything feels too busy, with the silver added in with the red and the blue, too much going on and not enough is making it worthwhile. C

Jets - It's a pretty solid green, and the font for the logo is fun. I don't hate it. B

Texans - Not as good of a blue as the Titans or Giants, but it's deep, has some maturity to it, no idea what that means, but you get my drift? B

Colts - loving hate this. Blue has no green to it, isn't deep enough or light enough to be interesting, just hits the floor with a wet slap and everyone feels bad. F

Jags - Fun teal works well with the black, and like the Bengals, very 90s. Can't hate. A

Titans - Everyone makes fun of the Titans blue, but dammit, I like it. It's light enough to be kinda fun. It's a fun design. gently caress you guys. A-

Broncos - The blue and orange should be a good mix, but there's something off about the blue that keeps it for working from me. Tough to decide. C+

Chiefs - Lived in Kansas so I like the Chiefs, but their uniforms are pretty bleh. Just ketchup and mustard. D

Raiders - I know people are all in on the silver and black, it's... striking, I guess, but it kinda does nothing for me. Middle of the road. C

Chargers - Fun blue and yellow combo. Fun logo, fun motifs. Fun! Inner kid in me is enthused. A

Bears - Kinda like a boring version of the Broncos, possibly saved by the blue being darker? But not by much. B-

Lions - Like the light blue. Silver actually works. A

Packers - Classic look. Fun green, fun yellow. Think it's the first uniform that made an impression on me as a kid about football, so nostalgia value. A

Vikings - Fun purple/yellow combo, like an inverted Lakers uniform. A

Cowboys - Wouldn't admit to liking the Cowboys colors even if I did, but as is, I don't, boring blue, boring silver, boring, boring, boring. D

Giants - I like the blue. Very true blue, not drab. It's not doing much innovative, but it's not loving up either. B

Eagles - Really torn, because the green can be kinda cool, but I feel like the black sinks it a bit. Maybe even a lot. This one's hard, because it's almost going somewhere. C

Commanders - Took the Chiefs already drab uniforms and made them worse. F

Falcons = The wing motifs make this kinda fun, the red with the black is... okay, everything is just okay. Meh. B-

Panthers - Legit good blue. The more they embellish it, the better. B+

Saints - I'm not a big gold fan, one of my least favorite colors, so personal bias sinks it. It's a fine enough gold, I just don't like it. C-

Bucs - An okay red that has to fight through a lot of black and doesn't mesh as well as the Falcons combo does. Red is a tricky color to combo off of. C+

Cardinals - Talk about a loving Randomly Generated Team. C

Rams - A less fun version of the Chargers. Their current colors are almost too cartoonish, their St Louis colors were better. B-

Niners - Really don't like gold with red, doesn't work with me at all. Might work better than the Chiefs though? But not by much. D+

Seahawks - Colors are kinda drab, but the light green used as an accent saves it. When it's not there, it's way less good. B-

Alright, that's all I've got in me, good night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Seahawks action greens are God's gift to your eyes and you can thank him every Sunday.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm just talking about colors and not the full kits or individual jerseys.

Chargers are A#1 with a loving bullet, taking all color combos into account. nobody's really close.

Ravens are 2. they could challenge for #1 if they had periwinkle or lilac alts but as is it's a distant 2.

Dolphins 3, maybe the most unique combo in all of sports. bring back the old logo

Eagles 4. green is the best color and they have both midnight and Kelly in the chamber, but the black and silver is whatever. if they want to keep the black they should have mint alts. gently caress that's awesome

Atlanta 5 cause it's classic. red and black how can you beat it, you can't. unless you're one of the previous four teams

Jets 6, their green isn't as good as either Eagles green so they're at 6. green and white now that's cash money.

Detroit. Their grey and blue is better than the cowboys gray and blue. Or maybe it's silver. either way Detroit Auto Blue is better so D7

Vikings are 8 because they are the colors of royalty

Carolina due to epic 90s

Pittsburgh rounds out the top 10 cause of that song and it was in Batman. now I’m done

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Raiders, Dolphins, Seahawks (the more neon green the better), Jaguars, Vikings, Lions (not the lovely grey from last night), Bucs (creamsicles), Chargers (powder blues) and the Oilers power blues are all great.

Everything else is uninspired trash

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Raiders colors are butt poo poo

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

indigi posted:

Raiders colors are butt poo poo

You're thinking of the Browns

Raiders gameplay is butt poo poo though (except Maxx)

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Always loved the Vikings / Jags uniforms.

Almost every other team is in the 'better than mid-tier' or 'middle tier' for me; not worth hashing out.

Here are some ones I don't particularily like:

Raiders: They need some subtle design change that I can't pinpoint. The 60s and 70s uniforms are sort-of identical, but look 100x better. It bothers me a lot. Maybe the silver on the black jersies should be a lighter tone, and the silver on the white jersies a darker one?

Chiefs: A 'boring uniform'. They need to play up the gold a touch more.

Colts: This is also a 'boring uniform'. If it weren't for the horseshoe and the nice blue, I'd call it 'bad'.

Giants: Wouldn't mind if it had more of a red outline on the shirt.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm surprised how many folks rank the Ravens uniforms highly. I've always been jealous of the Vikings for having the superior purple jersey.

1. Bills
2. Vikings
3. Various cool Seahawks jerseys

Most of the rest are all clustered together as mid, except for...

30. Bengals
31. Browns
32. Commanders

Bengals look as stupid as the Steelers' bumblebees, CLE and DC are totally offensive mush.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I'm also gonna throw in a vote for the Seahawks neon greens actually, very distinctive.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm surprised how many folks rank the Ravens uniforms highly. I've always been jealous of the Vikings for having the superior purple jersey.

1. Bills
2. Vikings
3. Various cool Seahawks jerseys

Most of the rest are all clustered together as mid, except for...

30. Bengals
31. Browns
32. Commanders

Bengals look as stupid as the Steelers' bumblebees, CLE and DC are totally offensive mush.

I always felt the Ravens should have that TCU-style Black Shirt/Purple Pants combo and was glad to see them trot it out like a season or two ago. Its real good. The purple pants also work great with the white jerseys. Imo the purple pants should be the default.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Very true. I like the all blacks too. It's ridiculous that anyone in the NFL is allowed to wear that except Baltimore.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I love the all-blacks for special primetime games.

Ravens purple and black is extremely good imo. It also must not be an easy purple to recreate cheaply considering how many of the counterfeit jerseys end up a weird dark blue.

The Chiefs are whatever but with the high white socks they definitely have a “look” that I appreciate.

Love the powder blues for LAC.

I kinda liked the Lions’ look last night. The matte helmet was cool.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ever since I thought of it I've been really liking the idea of the Ravens having an alt in the vein of powder blue/creamsicle. lilac with violet accents and black piping could be dope

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thank you for making this important thread.

I often think about what colors our TFF franchise would be. Because we want something distinct from other team colors but not something so garish that it harms our neatness.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

these are ridiculously good. one of my favorites besides the most talked ones like Chargers blue powders or Eagles kelly green.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the Titans have the worst by far. the colors are ugly and the logo is stupid

the Steelers would be good if their numbers were just a normal font like in the 70s

also pretty much every "color rush" is bad except white on white

it's pretty interesting how much in the past 10 years the Bucs' creamsicles have become beloved. i live in Tampa (and have for 30 years) and when the old uniforms were changed in the 90s everyone was excited. the old uniforms were considered corny dogshit. and also most importantly associated with being an awful franchise

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

All teams C to D-, pretty much the same thing with the same 3-5 very boring "flourishes" and different number typefaces. no one has designed an interesting jersey in the past 50+ years. but some of the helmets are solid. just kidding

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 31, 2023

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

epic bacon posted:

the Titans have the worst by far. the colors are ugly and the logo is stupid

This is objectively true but for some reason I really like their old ones.

It looks all CFL in a vacuum. Still for some reason it's 12 year old mentality with swords and flaming logos is really neat contrasted against the Packers, Bears, and Browns of the league.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 31, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thoughts on those MNF Detroit grey uniforms with chrome blue helmets?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I liked them. Let's get weird with the uniforms. Apologies to Pittsburgh, Green Bay and Indianapolis but your poo poo is boring now

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Saints have had and always will have the best colors and unis in the league.

Edit: if you hate gold it's cuz you broke as hell

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the Saints have boring uniforms and their throwbacks are gross

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Thoughts on those MNF Detroit grey uniforms with chrome blue helmets?
Pants could've used some striping or something. Felt way out of balance

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Saints unis are just less good raiders unis

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I miss the old Dolphins uniforms that looked more pink than orange.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

IMO, whatever a team had during the 70's or 80's is generally their best look.

Bad current unis: Broncos, Rams, Patriots and Cardinals come to mind.

All time best uni was Chargers powder blue.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Broncos are a weird one because it feels like they're trying to split the difference between the classic orange shirts and the late-90s redesign that nobody liked, but the result is a confused mess that doesn't really appeal to anyone.

Benne fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 1, 2023

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I like the new Arizona road uniforms. They're very clean.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I wish teams leaned more into gimmick patterns like the bengals helmet.

Or the scaled uniform from whatever arena team that the round mound of touch down qb played on. (River monsters?)

Baltimore should have an alt uniform that is some crazed version of the Maryland flag.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
University of Maryland did it already. They're great because the Maryland flag is the best state flag by miles, but the Ravens should have a design with like black feather pauldrons or something. Just absolute D&D nerd poo poo.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Bengals' White Tiger alts are cool as hell and they wear them just rarely enough to not be overexposed. Big thumbs up.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

University of Maryland did it already. They're great because the Maryland flag is the best state flag by miles, but the Ravens should have a design with like black feather pauldrons or something. Just absolute D&D nerd poo poo.

I always felt like they should lean more into their goth roots (the team is literally named after Edgar Allan Poe's story, just embrace it).

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Nov 2, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

The Maryland State Flag: Heritage Not Hate

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Vikings - Fun purple/yellow combo, like an inverted Lakers uniform. A

There's a reason for this!

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

epic bacon posted:

it's pretty interesting how much in the past 10 years the Bucs' creamsicles have become beloved. i live in Tampa (and have for 30 years) and when the old uniforms were changed in the 90s everyone was excited. the old uniforms were considered corny dogshit. and also most importantly associated with being an awful franchise

I think it's just that everyone's getting real sick of the trend towards dark colors in uniforms, which the red-and-pewter of the New Bucs is kind of emblematic of. Like all the black helmets and thing, not every uniform needs or works with black. There's also the pirate flag logo which is very... there. It's quite generic if I'm being frank and you can really kinda tell it was made in the late 90's.

Comparatively, while Bucco Bruce may have been a relatively standard design when the Bucs were created in the late 70's, he looks much more striking in a modern era where all the logos are simplified and slimmed down and all that. And the creamsicles POP! I can't think of another franchise in sports that has a color anywhere close to that shade of orange, it's extremely striking and distinctive. And, hell, it's fun! Look at these dudes in cream and orange doin' maneuvers on a field of green grass.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Redeye Flight posted:

I think it's just that everyone's getting real sick of the trend towards dark colors in uniforms, which the red-and-pewter of the New Bucs is kind of emblematic of. Like all the black helmets and thing, not every uniform needs or works with black. There's also the pirate flag logo which is very... there. It's quite generic if I'm being frank and you can really kinda tell it was made in the late 90's.

Plus, red + white + metallic color has always kinda felt like knockoff 49ers, especially back when the flag on the helmet was smaller.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The real lesson here is that more teams should use yellow as a uni color because it always looks good.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Every team that went "dark and gritty" just to be cool can go gently caress itself. Same goes for teams going all/mostly black to rip off the Raiders. Do something cool with your own colors, gently caress off.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Zero_Grade posted:

The real lesson here is that more teams should use yellow as a uni color because it always looks good.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

More than 6% yellow in a uniform looks like poo poo. It's a scientific fact, no need to look it up I already did the leg work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Black Sunshine posted:

More than 6% yellow in a uniform looks like poo poo. It's a scientific fact, no need to look it up I already did the leg work.

I think every Chargers uniform with yellow pants is good