Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

epic bacon posted:

it's pretty interesting how much in the past 10 years the Bucs' creamsicles have become beloved. i live in Tampa (and have for 30 years) and when the old uniforms were changed in the 90s everyone was excited. the old uniforms were considered corny dogshit. and also most importantly associated with being an awful franchise

I think it's just that everyone's getting real sick of the trend towards dark colors in uniforms, which the red-and-pewter of the New Bucs is kind of emblematic of. Like all the black helmets and thing, not every uniform needs or works with black. There's also the pirate flag logo which is very... there. It's quite generic if I'm being frank and you can really kinda tell it was made in the late 90's.

Comparatively, while Bucco Bruce may have been a relatively standard design when the Bucs were created in the late 70's, he looks much more striking in a modern era where all the logos are simplified and slimmed down and all that. And the creamsicles POP! I can't think of another franchise in sports that has a color anywhere close to that shade of orange, it's extremely striking and distinctive. And, hell, it's fun! Look at these dudes in cream and orange doin' maneuvers on a field of green grass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Nervous posted:

These are amazing and I wish more teams did poo poo like this.

Speaking of brown on uniforms, Green Bay had a throwback combination I saw once that did something I think was really cool -- since the rest of the uniform was the scheme they had way back in the 20's when the club was founded, they used all-brown helmets to replicate the color of the original all-leather helmets.