Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Redeye Flight posted:

I think it's just that everyone's getting real sick of the trend towards dark colors in uniforms, which the red-and-pewter of the New Bucs is kind of emblematic of. Like all the black helmets and thing, not every uniform needs or works with black. There's also the pirate flag logo which is very... there. It's quite generic if I'm being frank and you can really kinda tell it was made in the late 90's.

Plus, red + white + metallic color has always kinda felt like knockoff 49ers, especially back when the flag on the helmet was smaller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

a neat cape posted:

Plus the Chiefs Red is kind of iconic.

Denver needs a change.

I think Denver and the Eagles are kind of in the same boat where they've both had basically the same design for ~25 years and it's at the point where it feels a bit stale, but if they hang on to them for another decade people will rank them alongside the rest of the classic jerseys just because they've been around so long. And since both teams have had their greatest success in those jerseys, why wouldn't they keep them?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I would love to see more of your mock-ups. Although any new work I hope would be less… uh associated with non-slur team names.

Do you have any other burgundy / yellow color scheme mock-ups?

Honestly, Washington could have avoided a whole lot of nonsense by just going with the 60's helmets and calling themselves the Arrows or something

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Darth Brooks posted:

The Yankees were a real football team and they were owned by the guy who owned the MLB Yankees at the time.

Both of these logos were designed at the same time.

Doesn't make it any less cursed

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

General Dog posted:

Raiders standard home unis are the best in the NFL by a country mile.

I like that the Cowboys’ home silver pants and road silver pants are nearly imperceptibly different, and that neither really matches the silver helmet.

The blue of the numbers doesn't match the blue of the star, and it annoys me every time I see it

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

I have been arguing with my gf because I am of the firm belief that she has absolutely insane jersey takes. Now she defends this by saying I am partially colourblind (true) but please back me up that these are deranged opinions;

- think Seahawks throwbacks are worse than current unis
True, ppl only like the throwbacks because of nostalgia. Also, the current unis are great.

quote:

- HATES Houston Oilers throwbacks
:chloe:

quote:

- Thinks Steelers unis are mid
The rounded numbers don't work, also gently caress the Steelers

quote:

- Prefer pewter Bucs unis to creamsicles even if its the pewter ones with the alarm clock font
Kind of a toss-up in general (OG pewter-and-red scheme looked like knockoff 49ers but it works a lot better with the larger flag on the helmet) but saying the alarm clock jerseys are better than anything is :shepface:

quote:

- prefers dark blue chargers unis + helmets to powder blue and white helmet ones
Are you sure she's not just trolling you? No one besides crusty old men who get sour about powder blue not being a 'football color' thinks this.

quote:

- prefers dark green Eagles to Kelly green
The only problem with the midnight green is that the unis have been unchanged long enough for ppl to get bored with them, but not yet long enough for them to be considered classics. The kelly green pops, but the actual jerseys are a little underdetailed. So, call this one a toss-up.

quote:

- thinks 49ers have bad unis and colour scheme
Has she only watched 49ers games where they had the weird drop shadow under the numbers? Because otherwise, that's just felonious poor taste - I don't even know how you end up with taste that bad.

So, in summary, a good number of her takes are at least defensible, but her bad takes are hideously bad. If y'all are ever picking paint schemes or anything, please feel free to refer back to this post when you need to explain why you should get the final say

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

I still have a lot of affection for the 80/early 90s Washington R-words unis, and I hate that I do. Just too many positive associations from my childhood.

They're good uniforms! They didn't need a wholesale redesign, just a name and logo that weren't horrifyingly racist.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

LeeMajors posted:

Now you’re just trolling me

Trolling you by being right? The arrow helmet design was good, and they could have just called themselves the Archers or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

shyduck posted:

Also something bugged me about the Eagles throwback helmets, the color seemed off.

Agreed, they seemed like more of a mint green than anything else. It might just be a lighting thing tho