Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

IMO, whatever a team had during the 70's or 80's is generally their best look.

Bad current unis: Broncos, Rams, Patriots and Cardinals come to mind.

All time best uni was Chargers powder blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Mystic Stylez posted:

anyway, let me post objectively the best color combination in all sports:

plus it's Jimmy Clausen. what's not to like?

They look like they stole the Steelers pants.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is there any brown uniform that look good?

I played with using brown on some of the defunct teams

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Ms Brooks caught a glance at the game between the 49ers and Seahawks, where the Seahawks were playing in their lime green uniforms. When she saw the score she said that the Seahawks were losing because their "costumes" were so ugly the players were embarrassed to wear them.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Blind Pineapple posted:

Alright, I'm bored.

I'm having a hard time disagreeing with any of these.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I got asked to do a bunch of concepts that I've thought about posting here or digging up the Farthouse and posting there. One of them was the Boston Redskins / Boston Braves that' seems relevant to this discussion. It was based on both the helmet from the 60's and the letterhead design they used back when the team was still in Boston.

Edited to fix image

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 5, 2023

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

There were a couple of people who saw what I had done with the defunct NFL teams and had requests for something similar they could use for their fantasy football leagues. I got quit a list. Pottsville Maroons, Rock Island Independents, Muncie Flyers, Duluth Eskimos, Racine Legion, Oorang Indians, Milwaukee Badgers, Hammond Pros, Newark Tornadoes, Miami Seahawks, Los Angeles Dons, Frankford Yellowjackets, New York Bulldogs, New York(Tonawanda) Kardex, Portsmouth Spartans, Los Angeles Dons, Decatur Staleys, Portsmouth Spartans and New York Yankees (football) were all ones I had done some stuff before. Some were real NFL teams in the same format, Houston Oilers, St. Louis Rams, Arizona Cardinals and Washington Redskins. That left Chicago Cardinals, Boston Redskins, Memphis Hound Dogs, Hartford Blues, Brooklyn Lions, Evansville Crimson Giants, Detroit Wolverines, Boston Bulldogs, Chicago Tigers, Detroit Panthers, Washington Senators and Cleveland Rams as new designs.

I did get paid for this.

One of the teams I used as a stealth concept for the local high school team. The high school uses a clip art tiger and I've wanted to replace it for a long time. The current helmet decal is a simple "C". The Chicago (and Carthage) Tigers is a rework of something I was going to use for the Brooklyn Tigers but abandoned.

Here are the NFL Variants, Cleveland Rams, Chicago Cardinals, Boston Redskins (although I prefer Boston Braves), Portsmouth Spartans and Decatur Staleys.

Two of the teams came from the AAFC, the league from the 40's where the Cleveland Browns and San Fransisco 49er's got started. The Miami Seahawks, Los Angeles Dons and New York Yankees.

New designs were Detroit Badgers (the design I like the least out of all of these), Washington Senators, Evansville Crimson Giants, Brooklyn Lions, Boston Bulldogs, Hartford Blues, Detroit Panthers and Memphis Hound Dogs, a potenial NFL expansion team that never got going.

By the time I got to the Bulldogs I was getting tired of drawing animals and just made the logo the initials. I will say that just making helmets made things easier this time.

E: Size

Darth Brooks fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 5, 2023

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

The Yankees were a real football team and they were owned by the guy who owned the MLB Yankees at the time.

Both of these logos were designed at the same time.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Black Lighter posted:

Doesn't make it any less cursed

I used to post a lot on the sportslogo.net forum but it's gotten to the point were 90% of the posts are "Here's the logo from a basketball team but on a football uniform" or "Here is my Green Bay Packers concept" (looks exactly like the current Packers uniform) "I balanced the colors and unified the stripes."

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

It's not like there's a fee you have to pay to post there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

If George Preston Marshall had kept "Braves" it would not have the same level of controversy as the actual slur but I don't know that you could go back to it.